***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,544,050 Views | 47727 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by 74OA
Not a Bot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Captain Positivity said:

Good. Hope he burns in Hell.
Yep. At the Colonel level, he knows they are slaughtering civilians.
GAC06
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Notice to Air Men, not Air Missions

They officially changed it to Notices To Air Missions. Because inclusiveness
Teddy KGB
AG

About the 1:30 mark you can see civilian vehicles driving under the bridge. It leaves me wondering if situational awareness is just not a "thing" in Eastern Europe.
War is Peace Freedom is Slavery Ignorance is Strength
drred4
So on the long line of Russian armament etc close to Kyiv. What would be the best options for the Ukes in combating this with what they have?
Jetpilot86
AG
Mystery of the rogue IL76 solved.
Eliminatus
AG
drred4 said:

So on the long line of Russian armament etc close to Kyiv. What would be the best options for the Ukes in combating this with what they have?
Drones hands down. If the Russians are smart though, and that is suspect to date, that column should have some of the best air protection of any Russian asset in Ukraine right now.

BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Eliminatus said:

drred4 said:

Drones hands down. If the Russians are smart though, and that is suspect to date, that column should have some of the best air protection of any Russian asset in Ukraine right now.

Based on the level of convoy security we've seen in the videos, some good night vision tech might also be a welcome addition to the aid already being sent. Especially when these convoys are in areas with dark woods to slip away into.
Corporal Punishment
AG
Why is the sound on a loop? Three times in the video, a child yells "papa" and a dog barks 5 seconds later. Like clockwork.
TAMUallen
AG
Corporal Punishment said:

Why is the sound on a loop? Three times in the video, a child yells "papa" and a dog barks 5 seconds later. Like clockwork.

On the Twitter vid?
Fightin_Aggie
AG

The sound did not match the video at all. What mic would they be using? The drones would just here wind and loud booms and probably some rotor noise.
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Corporal Punishment
AG
Yes. It's obvious if you listen for it.
E
AG

Yes. It's obvious if you listen for it.

Definitely on a loop. It's the same for clips 2 & 3 in his feed
tamuags08
AG
For history buffs that have studied beyond just battles, how do the current economic sanctions compare to what occurred during ww2 and other wars? Curious if the trade was even remotely the same back then or countries were more self sufficient, or if there were similar strategies employed then that had measurable impact.

To keep this on topic, bonus points for how those previous sanctions impacted battle strategies
GAC06
AG
Trade is very different now. The Soviets used to build their own stuff. Now they buy it and the sanctions and cut off of shipping will hurt them.
CanyonAg77
AG
US sanctions against Japan were a big part of their self justification for Pearl Harbor.
irish pete ag06
AG
Teddy KGB said:

About the 1:30 mark you can see civilian vehicles driving under the bridge. It leaves me wondering if situational awareness is just not a "thing" in Eastern Europe.

What's up with the audio here?

Edit to say I see it was discussed above now.
Ulysses90
AG
BlackGoldAg2011 said:

Eliminatus said:

drred4 said:

Based on the level of convoy security we've seen in the videos, some good night vision tech might also be a welcome addition to the aid already being sent. Especially when these convoys are in areas with dark woods to slip away into.

I agree with the TB2s being the first preference for attacking that column and I think it's only a matter of time. The Ukrainians need to hit that convoy because it is a prize that would have cascading efacts.

I try to picture myself in the situation of being an invading Russian stuck in a truck in a 30km long traffic jam.

The weather is cold and my visibility from with the cab sucks. The infantry are reluctant to patrol more than a few meters into the woods to protect the flanks because of the weather and we've been sitting upright in these unpadded seats for 36 hours. Our tactical dispersion sucks because we are bunched up. My fue is at 1/4 tank and every few hours I walk to the fuel truck 1/4 up to road to fill a Jerry can with fuel because I am burning it at idle to run the heater. If we got attacked right now I could drive off the road but the ground is soft and I wouldn't get far before getting stuck.

If the TB2s hit some big vehicles, preferably includiing a fuel truck, about 1km or so behind the lead vehicles it would cut off the head ad they would be likely to go forward to get out of the kill zone. The vehicles behind the burning trucks would have no room to maneuver and turn around. If the Ukrainians have the ability to do it, they should hit the convoy in multiple locations about a kilometer apart. The sight of smoke and flames in the distance both in front and behind a vehicle would sow panic..
One it starts, that panic is contagious, especially mong young and poorly trained and led conscripts. Most of those vehicles either don't have radios or might as well not have radios because they aren't using them. Based on what has been seen over and over again around Ukraine, many of the Russians would flea their vehicles rather than fight.

Hitting the convoy creates chaos and fear and it rums time off the clock. It would snarl he MSR north of Kyiv and make it a 30km long obstacle for follow on forces. They don't have to kill even he the vehicles to effectively remove all of them from the fight.

Ona separate topic, I wonder who gives Putin the report on casualties and lost equipment. I would really like to know how honest that are when delivering those reports because Putin is reputed to handle bad news very poorly. How many troops and vehicles does Putin think he has lost?
Rossticus
Rossticus
Comeby!
AG
What does international law say about folks coming in from other countries to fight on behalf of Ukraine? It's not like your coming over to help a buddy put up his kids swing set. I guess as long as Ukraine doesn't charge you with anything you're good? Asking for a friend.
Rossticus
GAC06
AG
International law? I'll call my lawyer
Comeby!
AG
GAC06 said:

There's no docs. You show up and fight. What happens if I don't care about Geneva conventions, etc.
RebelE Infantry
AG
Comeby! said:

What does international law say about folks coming in from other countries to fight on behalf of Ukraine? It's not like your coming over to help a buddy put up his kids swing set. I guess as long as Ukraine doesn't charge you with anything you're good? Asking for a friend.

International law notwithstanding, you are now a partisan and subject to summary execution.
The flames of the Imperium burn brightly in the hearts of men repulsed by degenerate modernity. Souls aflame with love of goodness, truth, beauty, justice, and order.
Rossticus
Comeby! said:

Go to your nearest Ukrainian embassy and sign up (that's actually what you're supposed to do). If you're ex-mil you could potentially be risking benefits. If you have no prior mil/combat experience then consider working with an NGO on relief efforts, running supplies, helping with injured, helping with refugees, etc. Without prior military training and/or the ability to speak Ukrainian you're likely more of a liability to yourself and others in the field than an asset.
Rossticus
Jock 07
AG
Comeby! said:

The victors define the laws.
fullback44
AG
GAC06 said:

Hold on, don't shoot, let me check what the book says first ..
Ellis Wyatt
mts6175 said:

Ag In Ok said:

Have both Romania and Hungary closed their airspace to support / overwatch flights?

We have an airbase in Costanta don't we, so I doubt it.
Mihail Kogalniceanu. I was at Constanta/Mamaia in 2003, and some of our troops from Fort Hood were at MK at the same time. It was surreal talking to soldiers from right by home while they were deployed in support of operations in the Middle East and I was there on other business.
10thYrSr

Probably a text message notification
McKelveysCurse
https://off-guardian.org/2022/02/27/7-fake-news-stories-coming-out-of-ukraine/
TRM
AG
TRM
AG
TRM
AG
Correction: to 1st tweet

TRM
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 177 of 1364

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.