***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,545,162 Views | 47728 Replies | Last: 19 min ago by 74OA
shiftyandquick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't think the West is going to do anything about any of these cities falling.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/russia-ukraine-news-kyiv-war-putin-invasion-talks-today/#post-update-8de46653

Quote:

A U.S. official tells CBS News that a tactical seizure of Ukraine is possible within the next 4-6 weeks, based on the assessments of what is currently taking place on the ground with the Russian military.
As David Martin has reported, it is expected to take one week before Kyiv is surrounded, and another 30 days could elapse before Ukraine's capital is seized. This U.S. official says it is not clear whether Russia would gradually strangle the city or engage in street-to-street fighting. These scenarios were laid out for members of Congress Monday as the initial battle to destroy the Ukrainian military and government. It is also not clear whether Russia would then decide to go west toward Lviv or as far west as the Polish border.

The situation is dynamic, so this remains an estimate on what is militarily possible. This U.S. official also could not say when the sanctions that have been rolled out so far will have a practical impact on the Russian military. The low morale and shortages of food and fuel are not a result of the sanctions now in place. At some point, however, the Russian military will be impacted by the sanctions.
Given the durability of the Ukrainian resistance and its long history of pushing Russia back, the U.S. and Western powers do not believe that this will be a short war. The U.K. foreign secretary estimated it would be a 10-year war. Lawmakers at the Capitol were told Monday it is likely to last 10, 15 or 20 years and that ultimately, Russia will lose.

Deplorable
Is it realistic that Putin could slowly take Ukraine with the current tactics? To me it doesn't seem like Putin has any option besides becoming more aggressive/violent. His leverage at this point seems predicated on occupying Ukraine buy they're still miraculously holding their own.

Edit: post above answers that question. So was this a slow play from the start and we're just not familiar with how the Russian military moves?
jabberwalkie09
AG
clw04 said:

Captain Positivity said:

Manpads would have a turkey shoot.
Thats what the Russians probably want.
Putin is sending the message that everyone is cheap dispensable tools. I mean, I know life is cheap and all in Russia but investing into pilots isn't cheap afaik.
Wrec86 Ag
Short, succinct messages could be posted on the Russian videos, reviews etc. Something along the lines of :

News that the world is receiving that Russia is filtering away from you :

- Russia is using conscripted soldiers who were not aware that they were going to invade Ukraine

- Thousands of Russian soldiers have been killed. Some estimates are over 5,000. They are running out of fuel and food on Ukrainian highways, stuck miles from their objective. Some have resorted to surrendering to the Ukrainians without a fight. The initial part invasion has been a massive failure and they are turning to brutal and medieval tactics to try and win at all costs.

- The Russian objective is to completely surround the major cities of Ukraine and starve the Ukrainian men, women and children in hopes that they will surrender. They have also sent missles and bombs into obvious residential areas in the hope that the Ukrainians lose their resolve.

- Ukrainian military has been much stronger than anticipated. They have received equipment and supplies from most other major countries of the world.

- Major protests of the war all around the world, some of them in Moscow where reports are up to 6,000 Russian protestors have been jailed.

- Russia is filtering out the news that they don't want you to see and broadcasting state propaganda, similar to what is done in North Korea. Putin is increasingly losing support amongst the country and amongst the people.

- Insert stats here about how many Ukrainian civilians have died/ been injured. (I don't know the current stats).

I'm sure others can edit a couple of my numbers that might be off and add some others, but messages like that if received by the Russian population could change the whole war.
Chef Elko
AG
Flying biplanes now? What a f ing death sentence.
jobu93
AG
agent-maroon said:

If they're plannind to use them as decoys wouldn't the AWACS or whatever air recon info we're providing them be able to discern an ancient biplane from a modern aircraft?

Not arguing just curious

Not sure by signature but by speed. I don't think jets can fly that slow and stay aloft.
BigHead 04
AG
fullback44 said:

SidsBurnerAccount said:

Haven't seen this posted. These Americans are posting nice, detailed reviews of the day's military events in Ukraine. Lots of digging into the maps.

Hands down the best tactical update / review of what is going on, these guys are obviously ex military

I assume the enemy would already know all this info also so not a big deal with them going over it in that kind of detail

LunkersTV is a great follow on YouTube with tons of other combat footage viewing (not to mention his fishing stuff). Had not seen this yet so thanks.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Not a Bot
AG
OG UNF said:

Edit: post above answers that question. So was this a slow play from the start and we're just not familiar with how the Russian military moves?
No way this was a slow play. They accidentally released propaganda on the 26th declaring victory.

They had bad intel, poor logistical planning, and bad execution of the bad plan.

They don't even have clear skies for their planes yet. That should have been accomplished day one.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
More peacekeeping and liberating of an oppressed populace…
i is smart
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Waffledynamics said:

Captain Positivity said:

....Biplanes?

Built in 1946

What's that red stick above the cockpit? Can't find anything on Google.
Ulysses90
AG
shiftyandquick said:

I don't think the West is going to do anything about any of these cities falling.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/russia-ukraine-news-kyiv-war-putin-invasion-talks-today/#post-update-8de46653

Quote:

A U.S. official tells CBS News that a tactical seizure of Ukraine is possible within the next 4-6 weeks, based on the assessments of what is currently taking place on the ground with the Russian military.
As David Martin has reported, it is expected to take one week before Kyiv is surrounded, and another 30 days could elapse before Ukraine's capital is seized. This U.S. official says it is not clear whether Russia would gradually strangle the city or engage in street-to-street fighting. These scenarios were laid out for members of Congress Monday as the initial battle to destroy the Ukrainian military and government. It is also not clear whether Russia would then decide to go west toward Lviv or as far west as the Polish border.

The situation is dynamic, so this remains an estimate on what is militarily possible. This U.S. official also could not say when the sanctions that have been rolled out so far will have a practical impact on the Russian military. The low morale and shortages of food and fuel are not a result of the sanctions now in place. At some point, however, the Russian military will be impacted by the sanctions.
Given the durability of the Ukrainian resistance and its long history of pushing Russia back, the U.S. and Western powers do not believe that this will be a short war. The U.K. foreign secretary estimated it would be a 10-year war. Lawmakers at the Capitol were told Monday it is likely to last 10, 15 or 20 years and that ultimately, Russia will lose.

I am trying to picture 10 years of war by Russia when the ruble exchange rate to the dollar is 200:1, they are cut out of SWIFT, and Visa and Mastercard don't work for Russians and there is no international travel from or to Russia. What the British foreign secretary is sasking is that the world doesn't have to willpower to keep the pressure on Russia.
fullback44
AG
BlackGoldAg2011 said:

Wow, that's bad, they basically bombed civilians from the planes above.. horrible
wildmen09
AG
Captain Positivity said:

Russia is shutting down info getting out to the people. This is a way to skirt around the censorship. Posting comments in popular Russian-language YouTube videos is another way.

I was totally joking from a "positivity" stand point
shiftyandquick
Ulysses90 said:

shiftyandquick said:

Quote:

I am trying to picture 10 years of war by Russia when the ruble exchange rate to the dollar is 200:1, they are cut out of SWIFT, and Visa and Mastercard don't work for Russians and there is no international travel from or to Russia. What the British foreign secretary is sasking is that the world doesn't have to willpower to keep the pressure on Russia.
Can you imagine being an oligarch right now considering that you may have just gone from the richest in the world to international pariah? And there is only one person standing in your way to get back (almost) everything you had. Don't tell me these murderers can't figure out a way to add one more murder to their tally.
JobSecurity
AG
Not a Bot
AG

Chef Elko
AG
Welp. Looks like they found the key.
stetson
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Waffledynamics said:

Captain Positivity said:

....Biplanes?

Built in 1946

My guess is that they are using them as scout aircraft as they probably have a long loiter time.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
JobSecurity said:

Supposedly this has been confirmed with estimates of drop size being 400-500+
Jester55
We in the US alone are paying them $2 billion+ a month for their oil. Add in China and European oil and gas purchases and their financial situation is probably not as dire as the sanctions would make it seem.
Rossticus
Going to be sad when we let them take Moldova once they finally manage to secure Odessa.
No Spin Ag
BlackGoldAg2011 said:

Just another day of murder from the peacemaker.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Just another day of murder from the peacemaker.

After all, what is a special peacekeeping mission without a little bit of wanton civilian mass murder?
i is smart
AG
Clipped this from the NY Times.

rathAG05
AG
Jester55 said:

We in the US alone are paying them $2 billion+ a month for their oil. Add in China and European oil and gas purchases and their financial situation is probably not as dire as the sanctions would make it seem.

That doesn't even come close to covering any issues the Russians will be feeling. They are about to be set back two decades. They will be crushed after this. Putin is ****ed.
BD88
AG

Hate to see it…
L1TexAg95
AG
Clown Baby said:

agent-maroon said:

Quote:

I would hope that it did not result in a wider conflict or nuclear conflict, but I think it is time to call Putin's bluff.
And if we're wrong about it being a "bluff"? What's your Plan B?

No kidding. That's a mighty large cost to being wrong, potentially "life on earth forever changed" type of stuff.

What is "plan B" when Iran gets a nuke and starts acting up??? So from now on if there is a nuke threat we stand down? I hate to tell you but that technology is no longer difficult to duplicate. More and more people we don't trust will have them. The precedent has been set... threaten nuke and we will piss ourselves. To hell with that ***** We should be laying waste to these clowns. Enough is enough.
TRM
AG
Not a Bot
AG
Ukrainian Sec of Defense saying some members of FSB are against the war and sending them intel.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/chechen-hit-squad-sent-murder-zelenskyy-eliminated

Quote:

Secretary of the National Security and Defence Council Oleksiy Danilov reportedly told the Ukraine 24 TV channel that defense forces countered two death squads sent after Zelenskyy Tuesday, according to a translation of his remarks.
He said Ukrainian forces got intelligence about a planned attack on Zelenskyy and destroyed an elite Chechen unit.
"The special operation that was to be carried out directly by the Kadyrovites to eliminate our president is fully known to us today, and I can say that we received information from representatives of the FSB, who today have no desire to take part in this bloody war," he said.
TRM
AG
JobSecurity
AG
Gordo14
Ultimately, we can't bow to Russian pressure every time they threaten to nuke something. They are absolutely terrified of NATO's military power, and in particular our air power would blow them off the battle field. They have absolutely nothing that can challenge our F35s and F22s and they know it now more than ever.

Not ready to suggest we do a no fly zone as of now, but we can't just let Russia always have the initiative because they ignore the rules. We can't be scared of their threats when they have everything to lose. If I was a betting man, 2 days of a no fly zone over Ukraine would most likely seal Putin's fate over all else. I think that would be the last straw before the oligarchs took over and started back tracking the decisions that were made so that their life can return to yachts and villas again before they die. But it is still a big risk and a decision we shouldn't make lightly.
CanyonAg77
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Notice to Air Men, not Air Missions
ABATTBQ11
AG
Captain Positivity said:

Good. Hope he burns in Hell.
Build It
AG
Has anyone given Ukraine cruise missiles yet?

First Page Last Page
Page 176 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.