***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,545,965 Views | 47728 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by 74OA
aezmvp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EastSideAg2002 said:

12th Man Stan Account said:

This could be interesting. Not sure why they're announcing their plans ahead of time though.
I would worry that hitting the Russian grid at this point would do more damage than good. They need to keep the Russian populations' support for this war down as they may be one of the only assets to stop Putin.
This isn't 1917. There aren't enough armed non government groups. If that happens its an inside job.
SidsBurnerAccount

Hopefully this is more crack's in Putin's resolve. Need to keep the economic pressure on.
Spaceship
AG
Update from my brother-in-law in Melitopol:

The city is firmly under Russian control and has been since Friday. Troops and tanks are all over the streets but very little conflict is breaking out thankfully. There are a couple grocery stores in the city that miraculously still have food and seems like most still have food and water (for now). Electricity has been on and off - when it's on, they hustle to warm up and cook food.

Farmers are starting to bring vegetable, potatoes, flour, etc into town now to sell, and surprisingly folks still have faith in the currency and buying/selling commerce where possible.

My brother-in-law and his son go out every day to the nearby stores and buy up what they can. They are sheltering and feeding 50 people in a location I won't disclose right now, so they are constantly on the hunt for resources.

It's cold and snow is on the way. War is absolute hell and Putin is evil personified. I hope by the grace of God that this ends soon.
Not a Bot
AG
Seabreeze
So when do Russian military heads start defection into other nations? The gig is up, obviously they were skimming off the top of the military budget. This army has alot of people but no fight. The equipment is old, no parts to repair, no supply lines. All they have are missiles.
Rossticus
Seabreeze said:

So when do Russian military heads start defection into other nations? The gig is up, obviously they were skimming off the top of the military budget. This army has alot of people but no fight. The equipment is old, no parts to repair, no supply lines. All they have are missiles.

You can kill a lot of civilians with missiles.
JobSecurity
AG
Interesting note here. Rubio said the only part of the city not surrounded was the southeast - not sure the goal of the Russians here
jabberwalkie09
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
SidsBurnerAccount said:

Hopefully this is more crack's in Putin's resolve. Need to keep the economic pressure on.

A part OF MOSCOW?! I'm going to need more corroboration to believe this. That's incredible.
Seabreeze
Rossticus said:

Seabreeze said:

I get that.. But it wasn't the point of the question
i is smart
AG
Almost every Ukrainian update seems to be about destroying 900 tanks and 200 planes in 5 minutes time. How much can we trust their numbers, if at all? Who have been the best sources for information like this?
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
To what end? You can't bomb people into submission. The west wouldn't allow it and it doesn't work.
Not a Bot
AG
We can't trust actual numbers, but it's clear they've done heavy damage.
Not a Bot
AG
Allegedly a push notification sent out by a large Russian pharmacy chain:

"Putin stole our money and now he's stealing lives. There's a war in Ukraine. Wake up!"
"The ruble's value might return, but our soldiers won't return from Ukraine!"
"In 5 days, 5500+ Russian soldiers died in Ukraine."

Who knows whether this actually happened or not, but hopefully it did.
AggieLit
Salute CornPops Message said:

When do we stop importing Russian oil….

We already have.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia-scrambles-to-maintain-oil-sales-life-blood-of-economy-11646156655?mod=article_inline
rgag12
AG
SidsBurnerAccount said:

The Siberian work camps just got a little bigger
Not a Bot
AG
agsalaska
AG
Captain Positivity said:

As an amateur plane enthusiast, I don't see the AN-2 being converted to a drone. That is a very mechanical cockpit, not a digital computer driven cockpit.

He may be using them to expose Ukranian radars. But I bet they are pilot driven

Edit to add-The AN2 could be very effective in this environment in several different roles. .
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Elko is a loser and we will be buying him out for some obscene amount of money in two years. - Agsalaska

wildmen09
AG
Username does not check out
Not a Bot
AG
Russia is shutting down info getting out to the people. This is a way to skirt around the censorship. Posting comments in popular Russian-language YouTube videos is another way.
i is smart
AG
Captain Positivity said:

Russia is shutting down info getting out to the people. This is a way to skirt around the censorship. Posting comments in popular Russian-language YouTube videos is another way.

Most of the people are also leaving 5-Star reviews.
Not a Bot
AG
Helping out the local businesses.
Waffledynamics
AG
Captain Positivity said:

....Biplanes?
agent-maroon
AG
Captain Positivity said:

How does one identify one of these videos?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
We'll probably never really know accurate numbers, but they are definitely doing some damage
Rossticus
Jay Reimenschneider said:

To what end? You can't bomb people into submission. The west wouldn't allow it and it doesn't work.

They're going to try, and yes we would allow it. What about our posture or response to this point makes you think that we'd do anything else? They're already targeting civilians en masse in places. See Kherson.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Rossticus said:

And somehow keeps us out of it technically.
Charpie
AG
This might be fun
Rossticus
Seabreeze said:

Rossticus said:

Seabreeze said:

I get that.. But it wasn't the point of the question

I think most of them end up dead before they defect. Either by their own or a Putin goon's hand. You know Putin has to have eyes on every one of those guys.
Who?mikejones!
Waffledynamics said:

Captain Positivity said:

....Biplanes?

Built in 1946
Not a Bot
AG
https://www.museumofflight.org/aircraft/antonov-2-colt

Quote:

The An-2 is one of the largest single-engine biplanes ever produced. It was particularly prized for its versatility and extraordinary slow-flight, short takeoff, and landing capabilities. In fact, the An-2 has no published stall speed, and pilots have been known to fly the plane under full control at 30 mph. This combined with its ability to handle extreme weather conditions and rough, makeshift runways made it an ideal workforce in undeveloped and remote operational environments.
Not a Bot
AG
Manpads would have a turkey shoot.
fullback44
AG
SidsBurnerAccount said:

Haven't seen this posted. These Americans are posting nice, detailed reviews of the day's military events in Ukraine. Lots of digging into the maps.

Hands down the best tactical update / review of what is going on, these guys are obviously ex military

I assume the enemy would already know all this info also so not a big deal with them going over it in that kind of detail
clw04
AG
Captain Positivity said:

Manpads would have a turkey shoot.
Thats what the Russians probably want.
agent-maroon
AG
If they're plannind to use them as decoys wouldn't the AWACS or whatever air recon info we're providing them be able to discern an ancient biplane from a modern aircraft?

Not arguing just curious
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
First Page Last Page
Page 175 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.