Rush died

28,165 Views | 388 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by pdc093
Speedbird087
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Met Rush by chance at the 92 RNC in the Astrodome. He was walking by himself down one of the ramps and me and a buddy or two were walking up. "Hey, it's Rush". He stopped and shook our hands and couldn't have been nicer.
dermdoc
AG
doubledog said:

El Chupacabra said:

MooreTrucker said:

WestTexAg12 said:

cap-n-jack said:

Terrible loss for conservatism. Can't wait to hear from the compassionate left.

Yup. Here it is.
And this is example #194745273 of why I don't do Twitter anymore. When my wife told me about Rush dying, I said I imagine that Twitter is rejoicing. Sure enough.....

Also, I notice a lot of "here" comments. Isn't that specifically an Aggie thing, rather than just anybody? Not criticizing, just curious.

Elizabeth, I would not piss on your grave. (The line would be too long)
My advice is to repay evil with good. Drives them crazy.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
johnnyblaze36
AG
My first memory of listening to Rush was when I was a ten year old kid in the car with my Mom (she listened every single day for over the last 30 years) and he broke the news that her idol Pete Maravich had died after a pick-up basketball game.

I'd later go onto watch his tv show during lunch period in our history/english classroom in high school in 1994 and radio listener ever since.

Sad day for sure and an irreplaceable icon. RIP, el Rushbo.

BluHorseShu
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Pathfinder&Outlander said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Rush had a radio segment where he would read off the names of people who died from AIDS. He called it AIDS Updates.
As a long time listener, I don't recall that at all.

https://i.imgur.com/26ZfFQH_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
Somebody said he did it?

Well that settles it.
Anyone who listened to him back in the day know this is true. Used to listened to him in the 90s when doing roofing work in college.
CanyonAg77
AG
BluHorseShu said:

CanyonAg77 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Rush had a radio segment where he would read off the names of people who died from AIDS. He called it AIDS Updates.

Somebody said he did it?

Well that settles it.
Anyone who listened to him back in the day know this is true. Used to listened to him in the 90s when doing roofing work in college.
Listened to him since day 1. Never heard him read list of people who died with AIDS.
aTmAg
AG
Seems like there would be a recording of it.
redcrayon
AG
BluHorseShu said:

CanyonAg77 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Somebody said he did it?

Well that settles it.

What year did this happen?
snowdog90
BluHorseShu said:

CanyonAg77 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Somebody said he did it?

Well that settles it.

I have listened since 90. I've never heard this. Provide real evidence or stfu. Rush is the most scrutinized person in radio. If true, the audio should be easy to find.
thebridgeman
AG
Here
SigChiDad
AG

Thoughts and prayers.

Anyone who actually listened to rush for one week knows this is bull*****
Funky Winkerbean
AG
snowdog90 said:

BluHorseShu said:

CanyonAg77 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Somebody said he did it?

Well that settles it.
Anyone who listened to him back in the day know this is true. Used to listened to him in the 90s when doing roofing work in college.robably

I have listened since 90. I've never heard this. Provide real evidence or stfu. Rush is the most scrutinized person in radio. If true, the audio should be easy to find.
It was probably in the context of the left using AIDS as a weapon against the right since weaponizing tragedy is their MO.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
snowdog90
BluHorseShu said:

CanyonAg77 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Somebody said he did it?

Well that settles it.

Ok, to clarify, Rush had an Aids Update, but it was not used to read the names of people who died from Aids. It was just an update about the news of the day regarding Aids.

People make it sound like the Aids Update was Rush's way to cheer about new Aids deaths. This is not even remotely true. But so typical of the spreading of lies or mischaracterizations by people who disliked him.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
redcrayon said:

BluHorseShu said:

CanyonAg77 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Somebody said he did it?

Well that settles it.

I was in JH/HS in the 90s and did not listen to Rush but using critical thinking skills, more than likely, if that is true, AIDS deaths were mentioned bc it was one more health condition that the government lied about.
SigChiDad
AG
Troutslime said:

snowdog90 said:

BluHorseShu said:

CanyonAg77 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Somebody said he did it?

Well that settles it.
Anyone who listened to him back in the day know this is true. Used to listened to him in the 90s when doing roofing work in college.robably

It was probably in the context of the left using AIDS as a weapon against the right since weaponizing tragedy is their MO.

Never happened. Didn't miss a broadcast in the 90's. The one comment he made about AIDS was that HIV was the only virus in the world that had been granted civil rights.
Rapier108
snowdog90 said:

BluHorseShu said:

CanyonAg77 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Somebody said he did it?

Well that settles it.

Ok, to clarify, Rush had an Aids Update, but it was not used to read the names of people who died from Aids. It was just an update about the news of the day regarding Aids.

People make it sound like the Aids Update was Rush's way to cheer about new Aids deaths. This is not even remotely true. But so typical of the spreading of lies or mischaracterizations by people who disliked him.
This exactly, but people like JCRebel don't care and live to make the most inflammatory statements possible.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
NASAg03
Cassius said:

Who is she?
Comedian, actress, writer, producer. Typical Hollywood hypocrite liberal scum (redundant I know).
Thaddeus73
AG
The nicest guy in the world, who treated all of his callers with respect. President Reagan abolishing the so-called "Fairness" Act allowed Rush to come into our homes and our cars for 20 years or so. Not all of us boomers were flower children and hippies back in the 1960's...It was great to finally hear from another boomer who was not one of those weirdos...
ravingfans
AG
here.

Rush was a True Patriot all the way to the end!

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith"
2 Timothy 4:7

Quote:

"I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ," Limbaugh said on his radio program Monday. "It is of immense value, strength, confidence. That's why I'm able to remain fully committed to the idea that what is supposed to happen will happen when it's meant to."

The iconic political commentator thanked everyone who has sent forth prayers and well wishes. He called the support "a series of blessings."

"There is some comfort in knowing that some things are not in our hands, there's a lot of fear associated with that, too, but there's some comfort. It's helpful to be able to trust and believe in a higher plan,"
Slyfox07
AG
and all the same liberals that pretended to care about "unity" were quick to hop on twitter and talk **** about him.

Trashy people.
dermdoc
AG
slyfox07 said:

and all the same liberals that pretended to care about "unity" were quick to hop on twitter and talk **** about him.

Trashy people.
Nope. Just misguided.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ProgN
Michael Berry just said something very profound. I'll have to paraphrase it.

Michael Berry:
If when I die, I receive 10% of the vitriol and celebrating by the left, then I accomplished something in life. The hatred of the left today and dancing on Rush's grave is exactly what Rush would want because it means he made a difference and they feared him and his influence. It show's that Rush and his message, won.

I found that a very appropriate tribute.
Slyfox07
AG
dermdoc said:

slyfox07 said:

Trashy people.
Nope. Just misguided.
Nah. They're either stupid or evil...It's about a 50/50 split in my experience
BluHorseShu
AG
redcrayon said:

BluHorseShu said:

CanyonAg77 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Somebody said he did it?

Well that settles it.

BluHorseShu
AG
SigChiDad said:

Troutslime said:

snowdog90 said:

BluHorseShu said:

CanyonAg77 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Somebody said he did it?

Well that settles it.

Never happened. Didn't miss a broadcast in the 90's. The one comment he made about AIDS was that HIV was the only virus in the world that had been granted civil rights.
Well, I'm a Sig, and I remember it. In hoc
BluHorseShu
AG
SigChiDad said:

Troutslime said:

snowdog90 said:

BluHorseShu said:

CanyonAg77 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Somebody said he did it?

Well that settles it.

I'm not saying it to demean Rush...Just saying I remember it. I will say I preferred listening to Paul Harvey though....bc I alsways wanted to find out ...the rest of the story
ravingfans
AG
Folks, whether it did or did not happen, let's set this aside as it was decades ago. I don't believe for a moment that Rush did something from malice toward AIDS patients, many of whom contracted it through no fault of their own.

Today is better spent remembering the positive impact of Rush on America.
Ags77
AG
dermdoc said:

slyfox07 said:

Trashy people.
Nope. Just misguided.

Doc, its my opinion these folks weren't raised right. I feel the same way about the folks that celebrated Senator McCain's death and RGB's. These people didnt learn to respect and love others, even if you disagreed with their opinions. I was raised to pray for them and offer a RIP when their time on earth was done. Some didnt have that raising and dont know HIS love.
Gigem
BluHorseShu
AG
ravingfans said:

Folks, whether it did or did not happen, let's set this aside as it was decades ago. I don't believe for a moment that Rush did something from malice toward AIDS patients, many of whom contracted it through no fault of their own.

Today is better spent remembering the positive impact of Rush on America.
He will be remembered
74Ag1
AG
Rest In Peace Rush
Here
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Reposted from Outkick article:

Rush Limbaugh was a trailblazer for freedom of thought who made it cool to push back on groupthink. Did he make points that I personally disagree with? Absolutely, but he taught us that we can think for ourselves, that we don't have to conform. This philosophy unlocked the minds of millions and encouraged them to think for themselves. This was his contribution to society, and it will be his legacy going forward.

Conservatives should perhaps be angry about the blatant disrespect shown to Limbaugh since his death, but that hasn't been their way. The conservative/Republican movement prefers to clap back at hate with love. When Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg passed away last year, conservatives did not issue the level of divisiveness we are reading now about Limbaugh. The long term effect of this constant divisiveness from the left is that we grow further and further apart from one another.

That's a country none of us signed up for, and it's unfortunate that institutions like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and even some colleges encourage this type of behavior. The American people are being hardwired to hate their political opposition and to view them as a threat to society. At some point, something's going to give between the two sides, and it won't just be a few unfortunate hours at the Capitol.

Rush Limbaugh would encourage us all to think for ourselves, and he should remembered as such. RIP to a leader who made questioning our overlords a common practice. It will ultimately lead us to a safer, more unified America.
dermdoc
AG
Ags77 said:

dermdoc said:

slyfox07 said:

Trashy people.
Nope. Just misguided.

Doc, its my opinion these folks weren't raised right. I feel the same way about the folks that celebrated Senator McCain's death and RGB's. These people didnt learn to respect and love others, even if you disagreed with their opinions. I was raised to pray for them and offer a RIP when their time on earth was done. Some didnt have that raising and dont know HIS love.
Agree.
aggiemeg06
AG
I'm a 37 year old Rush baby and am just so genuinely sad for this momentous loss. I don't remember a time when I wasn't listening to Rush from 11-2; either with my grandparents and parents, in college, or while working. Had a good cry when I heard Kathryn's message.

His opening monologues were so fantastic and sometimes I would write down what he was saying as fast as I could so I could use it to combat the liberal rhetoric I seemed to always hear. He had such a way with words. Going to really miss him.
JABQ04
AG
Used to listen to Rush with my old man when he'd take us to work with him (salesman). Rush, Paul Harvey, Golden Corral, and Go Karts were summers with my brother and dad. Dad passed on Jan 10 of this year and I hope he's finally getting to meet Rush in person.
Ag Maru
AG
Here
cupcakesprinkles
AG
snowdog90 said:

BluHorseShu said:

CanyonAg77 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Somebody said he did it?

Well that settles it.

Correct, it is what liberals do (lie) which is why your response is 100% spot on.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.