*** SUPERMAN: LEGACY ***

28,451 Views | 345 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hell yeah…

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
The first casting for this movie that has made me go...

Murder Hornet
AG
Is that the dude with the eye condition? He usually plays a henchman or general weirdo or a weirdo henchman.

Don't see this as a Pa Kent
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, he's had a weird eye thing before, but I couldn't tell if it was on purpose or not.

I always just assumed Ma & Pa Kent would be big names again, and be traditionally movie-star-esque, like in Man of Steel, especially since there are so few big names in this iteration.

Ultimately, I trust Gunn, though, and I'm not at all against a more schlubby, Average Joe Farmer iteration of the character, seeing as his character/morals are all that really matters. It's just surprising, that's all.
TCTTS
AG
Also, there is, of course, still the rumor that Kurt Russell is playing Jor-El, which would be at least one big, old school name.
Quad Dog
AG
I'd still prefer no Pa Kent or Jor-El. Pa Kent always sends like a crutch to make Superman more human when Clark should do that. And Jor-El makes him more Kryptonian when Cal-El should do that.
The Porkchop Express
TCTTS said:

Pa Kent dying of a stroke just got a whole lot more believable.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So the Kents are white trash in this?
The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So the Kents are white trash in this?
Reba's going to do a cover of her big hit.

You know I' might've been born just plain white trash,
But Kal-El was my name!
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
TCTTS
AG
White trash? Dude can look pretty normal...

TCTTS
AG
I just think he's going to look more like your everyday farmer in the movie.
The Porkchop Express
Hello, you aren't allowed to criticize this film, hello. It's already perfect, just give them your money, McFly.

The Porkchop Express
First look at Pa Kent in action as head of the Smallville mafia

TCTTS
AG
Even I've criticized aspects about this film, but nice try.
The Porkchop Express
TCTTS said:

Even I've criticized aspects about this film, but nice try.
Someone has to keep you in line TC, I didn't ask for this title, much like Superman, and yet it is mine to bear now that they have **** canned Henry Cavil.
MooreTrucker
TCTTS
AG
At this point I imagine these two roles have to be pretty small, but who knows…

Claude!
Why did you say that name?!?!!
AgfromHOU
AG
ITS HIS MOTHERS NAME
TCTTS
AG
Claude! said:

Why did you say that name?!?!!

TCTTS
AG
Seems to me this is roughly the vibe Gunn is going for with these castings. Older, more salt of earth, more Average Joe farmer types, as opposed to the younger, more photogenic Smallville/Man of Steel types...

The Porkchop Express
Smallville PA Kent reigns supremely merely for all the Dukes of Hazard callbacks.
Faustus
The Porkchop Express said:

TCTTS said:

Pa Kent dying of a stroke just got a whole lot more believable.
Alcohol problem too (Constantine).

TXAG 05
AG
He was in a great XFiles episode where he kidnapped women and drilled in their heads because he thought there were demons inside.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
The Porkchop Express
Didn't see one for the 85th, but this is one of my favorite things ever from 5 years back.

This one too, these are the ideals Gunn should pursue to really capture who Superman is.

And the drum I've beating for 15-20 years. How powerful he really is.

TCTTS
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG

Still the most awesome superhero music ever composed. I'm really looking forward to Superman Legacy, but like Man of Steel, it faces an uphill battle on the basis of the musical score alone.
#FJB
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I don't think there's any way this score tops Williams' original or Zimmer's work in Man of Steel. That said, I at least have faith that the composer of this score is capable of something memorable...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.