*** She Hulk: Attorney At Law ***

50,737 Views | 656 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ornithopter
MBAR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AliasMan02 said:

The Dirty Sock said:

jeffk said:

It's amazing how much her little monologue in episode one about having to keep her emotions in check bothers some people.

Because it was a typical check the box jab at the patriarchy(over compensation of that these days) and she was dead wrong. There have also been some reviews on youtube that the delivery of the scene was broken as well. Overall it's been an enormous distraction that if it wasn't included it would have gone a long way in perception of the show.

Were those reviews given by guys with beards and sunglasses recording from the driver's seat of their trucks?
Legit loled.
Unemployed
AG
I think the show is kinda dumb but it's only 30 mins so not a huge waste of time.
tysker
AG
This show is goofy fun and tone is much more lighthearted, and dare I say, geared towards a younger, non-comic book reading, and female audience. It doesn't take itself so serious and the interactions are so minor it reminds the audience that not every moment of MCU superheroes lives is filled with world/universe altering decisions. Sometimes they have to deal with a-hole coworkers, trademark infringement and online dating in your 30s
Stat Monitor Repairman
AliasMan02
AG
tysker said:

This show is goofy fun and tone is much more lighthearted, and dare I say, geared towards a younger, non-comic book reading, and female audience. It doesn't take itself so serious and the interactions are so minor it reminds the audience that not every moment of MCU superheroes lives is filled with world/universe altering decisions. Sometimes they have to deal with a-hole coworkers, trademark infringement and online dating in your 30s

What you described, to me, is superpowered Ally McBeal which I believe was literally the pitch.
jokershady
AG
a little spoilerly of what's to come but given this midseason trailer really liking this show more

CowtownAg06
AG
I'm on board for Madisynn and Wong Rom Com.
i is smart
AG
Definitely download the Marvel Unlimited app and read the She-Hulk comics if you really enjoy the show. You can hop in on any of the runs and not be confused.
The Porkchop Express
Ghost of Bizbee said:

TCTTS said:

"I appreciate the reply to my condescending question, in which I insulted the very thing everyone here likes. This is what I was looking for."

What's funny is many on this thread clearly have issues with the content and have blasted the show on this very thread, but continue to punish themselves by watching it
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
TCTTS
AG
This show is so good. Perfect episode lengths, the perfect stakes to match the tone, every episode feels like its own thing (while also playing to the bigger picture), and it's legit funny/clever at times too. Just continues to be really well done all around.

With this latest episode, it was maybe the first Marvel series to actually take full advantage of its TV structure, in that it called back to something we thought was a one-off (the dating montage/situation in a previous episode), used it in surprising fashion to solve the dilemma in this episode (winning the copyright case), and then ultimately had it speak to her character/sad lot in life (her alter ego, which can do so much better, is still more liked more than she is). I just thought that was so smart and so fun.
atag
AG
My family is loving this show. When I ask my girls what they want to watch they are amped up for she hulk.
proudest member of the fightin texas aggie class of 2005.
Quad Dog
AG
TCTTS said:

This show is so good. Perfect episode lengths, the perfect stakes to match the tone, every episode feels like its own thing (while also playing to the bigger picture), and it's legit funny/clever at times too. Just continues to be really well done all around.

With this latest episode, it was maybe the first Marvel series to actually take full advantage of its TV structure, in that it called back to something we thought was a one-off (the dating montage/situation in a previous episode), used it in surprising fashion to solve the dilemma in this episode (winning the copyright case), and then ultimately had it speak to her character/sad lot in life (her alter ego, which can do so much better, is still more liked more than she is). I just thought that was so smart and so fun.
While also setting up the next (final?) arc of the show where Titania is more of a antagonist and hinting at Daredevil.
bluefire579
AG
The "any guy with an internet connection thinks he can do better" conversation in the bar immediately made me think of all the dudes on the Lord of the Rings thread talking **** about the Galadriel actress
rhutton125
AG
Mean, green and straight poured into these jeans
Madmarttigan
AG
It's is mostly just one dude that is literally obsessed with how she looks
jeffk
AG
I guess DD had moved on to a new tailor.
TexasAggie_02
AG
jeffk said:

I guess DD had moved on to a new tailor.

Yeah, I was exorcism) expecting the guy from the Netflix series to show up.
jokershady
AG
Once again, great episode! Straight up lost it when She Hulks dating profile was getting read in court.

And like TC said, this show is really taking advantage of what a tv series structure is supposed to be like…it's great!

And was getting a lot of Edna from the Incredibles vibes from the designer guy
Decay
AG
Fashion designer with thermonuclear sass will never stop being funny. And everyone bashing her wardrobe
The Porkchop Express
Show is a blast. Just like Ms Marvel, when you have a main character who is clearly in love with what they are doing it makes an incredible difference. The extreme deep cut on the fashion designer shows some really cool dedication from the production staff.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Red Five
AG
Need some Avongers merch asap
bluefire579
AG
Or the Avingers
Bruce Almighty
AG
bluefire579 said:

Or the Avingers

It's 2022, it's the Avyngers.
Madmarttigan
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

bluefire579 said:

Or the Avingers

With 2 n's and a y but it's not where you thinkkkk
Duncan Idaho
Madmarttigan said:

Bruce Almighty said:

bluefire579 said:

Or the Avingers

With 2 n's and a y but it's not where you thinkkkk

Avenngyrs
jokershady
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Show is a blast. Just like Ms Marvel, when you have a main character who is clearly in love with what they are doing it makes an incredible difference. The extreme deep cut on the fashion designer shows some really cool dedication from the production staff.

What do you mean?
The Porkchop Express
jokershady said:

What do you mean?
https://www.polygon.com/23354740/she-hulk-luke-jacobson-actor-griffin-matthews-marvel
Red Five
AG

jokershady said:

What do you mean?
https://www.polygon.com/23354740/she-hulk-luke-jacobson-actor-griffin-matthews-marvel
Another white character blackwashed by the woke Hollywood agenda.
BenFiasco14
AG
Another fun episode. This shows turning out to be a nice surprise. Couple discussion points:

1) Where do y'all think Bruce Banner was going? My girlfriend seems to think it's nothing important and was included to just easily write Banner out of show. Thoughts? Otherwise it would be to see Thor or possibly the Guardians?

2) was it ever explained why the Tatiana chick never got in trouble for literally obstructing Justice and destroying a courtroom? Found it super weird she does that in episode 1 yet now she's this well loved celebrity?

3) Daredevil!!!
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
What's up with DD's cowl being yellow?
The Porkchop Express
I'm waiting for the Simpsons' cross-promotion with the other Titania, who worked at both Knockers and Juggernauts, and was runner-up for Beer-tender of the year.

Andyzipp
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Another fun episode. This shows turning out to be a nice surprise. Couple discussion points:

1) Where do y'all think Bruce Banner was going? My girlfriend seems to think it's nothing important and was included to just easily write Banner out of show. Thoughts? Otherwise it would be to see Thor or possibly the Guardians?

Sakaar. Look up Planet Hulk if you want a possible idea of where he's headed.
BenFiasco14
AG
Andyzipp said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Sakaar. Look up Planet Hulk if you want a possible idea of where he's headed.

I thought Thor Ragnarok was our MCU adaptation of Planet Hulk?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Quad Dog
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

What's up with DD's cowl being yellow?
Literally Daredevil's origin.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Wow, had no idea.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.