*** She Hulk: Attorney At Law ***

50,323 Views | 656 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ornithopter
Andyzipp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Andyzipp said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Another fun episode. This shows turning out to be a nice surprise. Couple discussion points:

1) Where do y'all think Bruce Banner was going? My girlfriend seems to think it's nothing important and was included to just easily write Banner out of show. Thoughts? Otherwise it would be to see Thor or possibly the Guardians?

Sakaar. Look up Planet Hulk if you want a possible idea of where he's headed.

I thought Thor Ragnarok was our MCU adaptation of Planet Hulk?
Or World War Hulk...I get them confused.
imjustsayin
AG
Honestly, I can't tell if I like the show or not. It seems like it's it's own thing, for sure. But the jokes tend to fall a little flat for me, the plot feels like it's trying very hard and the 4th wall stuff is striking OK, but Deadpool nails that element SOOO well, it's hard to appreciate it. But, I still keep watching it every week and I still keep saying, yea, that was fun.

I think maybe one thing about it is that it doesn't feel like it has much consequence, at all. So I think that makes it feel small or petty. Maybe that's ok though. Maybe that's the whole point.

I dunno.
bluefire579
AG
Love how excited he is just talking about the yellow suit. Always makes media like this better when the people doing the portrayals are having fun doing it.

redline248
AG
I cannot wait for dare devil.
redline248
AG
Nicky and the other attorney taking about fashion stuff was hilarious.

One to rock and one to stock
hurleyag
AG
redline248 said:

I cannot wait for dare devil.

I'd love to see Murdock & SheHulk have a case against each other. That's the lawyer show we deserve!
CowtownAg06
AG
I was really hoping for our first Marvel/Pixar crossover and a live action Edna Mode.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
So does Logan show up in yellow Spandex?
AliasMan02
AG
Arrakis ecologist said:

So does Logan show up in yellow Spandex?

They showed some real restraint in that scene, come to think of it. Could have teased a lot of stuff.
MBAR
AG
redline248 said:

Nicky and the other attorney taking about fashion stuff was hilarious.

One to rock and one to stock
lol Where my sneaker thread people at?
jeffk
AG
present!

I tried to score those Iron Man 3s but of course took my L on SNKRS.
Duncan Idaho
Love the show just leaning in on the trolling they knew they would endure. trolling the trolls.... Trollception
KCup17
AG
So who is gonna end up being the big bad? I cant see it continuing to be Titanica.
rhutton125
AG
Sure seems like it'd be the Leader…
AgfromHOU
AG
I just started the show on Saturday and am all caught up now. I really liked it at first but it's been going downhill for me lately.
CowtownAg06
AG
Was I supposed to know who that immortal guy was?
AgfromHOU
AG
I think it's more of an Easter egg for comic readers. Most roles like this are to provide comic relief while also showing how big the world of powered beings is.
bluefire579
AG
They recently confirmed the Leader for one of the upcoming movies, so not sure if that would preclude him from being on this one. Is he tied to Intelligencia in the comics?
BenFiasco14
AG
KCup17 said:

So who is gonna end up being the big bad? I cant see it continuing to be Titanica.

Seems pretty clear the big "villain" is going to be that internet person running the anti she hulk site. And with the daredevil helmet last episode, I bet that's how she hulk and daredevil run into each other - sniffing this guy out. As for who it is I'm not a comic guy so not sure
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
rhutton125
AG
He is. You may be right though - if we were 2 weeks away from a surprise reveal, they wouldn't have announced him at D23. Just save that little movie announcement for a month later.
TCTTS
AG
Well that was a pointless episode.
AliasMan02
AG
rhutton125 said:

Sure seems like it'd be the Leader…

I haven't been reading spec online, but assume we get The Leader. I love how they've taken to mining The Incredible Hulk in general, which I hope means we get my personal favorite headcanon brought to screen... Doc Samson as a superhero shrink played by Ty Burrell. He'd fit in PERFECTLY with this She-Hulk show.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Yea, I can't do this one anymore

Tried to like it. Nope.

Can't do it with any marvel content anymore sadly
Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

Wedding bottle episode
bluefire579
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

Yea, I can't do this one anymore

Tried to like it. Nope.

Can't do it with any marvel content anymore sadly
rhutton125
AG
I'm enjoying but it's definitely another Disney+ mid season slump. None of these shows know how to maintain momentum.
The Porkchop Express
I thought it was hilarious and fun.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Madmarttigan
AG
I've never thought this show had much momentum and honestly surprised by the excitement sometimes on this thread.

This is pure turn my brain off watch for me.
TexasAggie_02
AG
TCTTS said:

i thought it was fine. This show is a sitcom, every episode doesn't have to be impactful.
Whos Juan
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

TCTTS said:

i thought it was fine. This show is a sitcom, every episode doesn't have to be impactful.

They even address it being a standalone, "inconvenient" episode in the first 5 minutes. I thought it was fine.
rhutton125
AG
I'm fine with it because it's a sitcom, and there have been, what, two teases whatsoever of a behind-the-scenes villain? In general though, the middle episodes of Disney+ shows meander in the middle, and then they often rush to a finish. I can't remember Mandalorian enough and I think WandaVision (like She-Hulk) stayed true to the vision and weren't trying to be "a 6-hour movie." The rest, though...

Spoiler tags for anyone watching out of order:
F&WS - detour for Zemo / Wakanda / Madripoor / Louisiana
Loki - I don't remember anything very important happening in the 5th episode, side quest to the quasi-afterlife with other Lokis
Hawkeye - not as forced in but Echo and Black Widow were kind of extra
Moon Knight - bad guys got the thing you dropped, now you have to chase goons through Egypt, infiltrate a sarco****us dealer ring and go to the afterlife for some character building
Ms Marvel - we interrupt this story to go to Pakistan and then go back in time!

I haven't watched Book of Boba Fett or Kenobi but I hear they also lose focus in the middle. It's almost like "maybe 6 episodes was too much, lets go on a side quest for a bit so we can kill time before the exciting finale."

It's less egregious in WandaVision and She-Hulk but it always feels like you can skim episodes 3-4-5 (or in WV/SH's case, 4-5-6) and not really miss much of anything, story-wise. Loved seeing Mr. Immortal though!
Quad Dog
AG
That wedding episode felt like something that would have been fine in old school TV where we'd get a 22 episode season. But in a 9 episode season we can't be wasting one on a wedding bottle episode.
AliasMan02
AG
Whos Juan said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

TCTTS said:

They even address it being a standalone, "inconvenient" episode in the first 5 minutes. I thought it was fine.

Agree. Identifying and owning ridiculousness gets you a free pass.
The Dirty Sock
They can't all be wongers and madisynn
Flashdiaz
AG
With the introduction of all these folks with super powers, can't help but think about The Boys which does that part better.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.