*** She Hulk: Attorney At Law ***

50,311 Views | 656 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ornithopter
bearamedic99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

"Don't worry, Spanish is a language, not an ethnicity"

"Have you ever heard of … SPAIN???"

And idk why this cracked me up so much,

"This… JOSH, has made an enemy of the group. Tonight we ride!"

I think I'm digging this show because it hits a lot of the stereotypes of the milennial generation very well, but not in a way that beats you over the head with it

Another gem- Well, I did do a little light matadoring while in college.

B- Tim Roth. Love the guy. Ever since Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead. I wish he was on screen more because he is so versatile.

C- Saracen. Blade's son?

D- They really missed a chance for a cameo with Porcupine. Someone famous, maybe not even an actor, behind the mask.

E- Was comic book She Hulk about to go back and forth at will between pink skin and green skin? I never read her specific comics and only saw her when she was green.

F- Great chemistry in the group. They should bring them back later. Maybe not a fight due to criminal charges but maybe as distractions during sneaky stuff.

Overall, I had low expectations for this show and didn't think I'd like the subject matter but they are doing great. It's an enjoyable show with no stakes to matter
Saxsoon
AG
Abomaste
FredMc92
Hurtin for a yurtin!
The Porkchop Express
This is my favorite Marvel show now. Has surpassed Loki for sheer fun.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
jeffk
AG
Great, great episode.
rhutton125
AG
See I thought She-Hulk was just a Mary Jane with no problems and no character arc, who was simultaneously a Hulk ripoff but also not enough like the Hulk because she didn't have to struggle with multiple personas, etc. At least according to all the episode 1 geniuses.
Duncan Idaho
I am also confused by the lack of "why do they have to make it sexual" rants.
Red Five
AG
rhutton125 said:

See I thought She-Hulk was just a Mary Jane with no problems and no character arc, who was simultaneously a Hulk ripoff but also not enough like the Hulk because she didn't have to struggle with multiple personas, etc. At least according to all the episode 1 geniuses.
So your argument is that people who complained about the character after episode 1 were fools because the show finally proved them wrong 7 episodes into a 9 episode season?
jeffk
AG
Not fools, just performatively outraged. And largely proven wrong much earlier than that.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
rhutton125 said:

She's surprisingly more of a ripoff of Superman, if anything. Her powers are relatively boring and drama free, it the celebrity status and balancing her private persona that is the issue in the show.

That being said, this show is way more fun and enjoyable than any Superman movie. It's a great spin on how to keep perfect super people from being boring.
Duncan Idaho
Definitely Not A Cop said:

rhutton125 said:

She's surprisingly more of a ripoff of Superman, if anything. Her powers are relatively boring and drama free, it the celebrity status and balancing her private persona that is the issue in the show.

That being said, this show is way more fun and enjoyable than any Superman movie. It's a great spin on how to keep perfect super people from being boring.

Agree completely. Superman, capt'n marvel, bore the hell out of me because of this.

Deadpool and wolverine get a pass because they completely lean in on the ridiculousness of these unkillable characters.
TCTTS
AG
Great episode this week, one that more than made up for last week. For the most part, this show really does nail exactly what it's trying to be and do, so perfectly.

Curious to see how they approach these final two episodes. I'm assuming it'll be more plot-centric, now that Jen is finally seemingly at peace with herself, and that it's time to tackle all the Hulk King/Daredevil stuff head on. I also wonder if Ruffalo is due for another appearance, or if that was just a pilot thing.
jeffk
AG
I'm not starring your post because last weeks episode was also great.
REMtx
Loved the little Easter egg of Slott Towing on the tow truck. This is in reference to Dan Slott, who had a run writing She-Hulk comics.
redline248
AG
Saxsoon said:

Abomaste
100% my favorite thing in that group session.
redline248
AG
I knew as soon as Josh was gone when she woke up that he got her blood. I don't know whether or not to trust Blonski and his group.
PatAg
AG
jeffk said:

I'm not starring your post because last weeks episode was also great.
Same
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
I salute all of you who have been able to hang with this showcase
coldmoose
Will be interesting to see how the remaining episodes wrap up.
BowSowy
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

I salute all of you who have been able to hang with this showcase
You proclaimed you were done with this show a week and a half ago, so why the hell are you still sticking around in the thread?
boogieman
AG
Ribbit and rip it. lol

boogieman
AG
Fun episode with Daredevil Hope to see more of him.

Nice ending. Looking forward to the finale next week.
AMW2010
AG
That was a dope ass episode!!!
bluefire579
AG
Glad to see Daredevil back, but him doing the walk of shame the morning after was outstanding
BoydCrowder13
Once you understand what this show is, I think it has been great. Just a more comedic look at the MCU with awesome cameos. I have enjoyed this series a lot more than Moon Knight (sigh), Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Ms Marvel.

Ranked MCU shows
WandaVision
Loki
Hawkeye
She Hulk
What If
Ms Marvel
Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Moon Knight

Kind of shocking considering I thought the bottom 2 would be my favorites when they were announced.
Quad Dog
AG
Great episode. Best mix of courtroom, comedy, action, plot, cameo, 4th wall breaking. I'm disappointed there is only one more.
CoachRTM
AG
Such a great show.

Todd is totally the bad guy, right?
Ornithopter
AG
Has to be what they want us to think.

Watch it be Mephisto.
Saxsoon
AG
****ing fantastic.

The legal advice in the middle of the fight
the walk of shame

Perfect episode of television
tremble
AG
This show is so much better than I expected it would be.

Great season so far.
MooreTrucker
AG
Saxsoon said:

****ing fantastic.

the walk of shame

I guess I'm going to have to go back and get caught up on the Daredevil series and all of those others that go with it, because that's not the Matt Murdock (or suit) I remember.

BTW weren't they doing mid-/end-credit scenes earlier in the season? Or did I miss something in the last three eps?
Bruce Almighty
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Saxsoon said:

****ing fantastic.

the walk of shame

I guess I'm going to have to go back and get caught up on the Daredevil series and all of those others that go with it, because that's not the Matt Murdock (or suit) I remember.

BTW weren't they doing mid-/end-credit scenes earlier in the season? Or did I miss something in the last three eps?

Daredevil's original comic book suit was yellow. His She-Hulk character is not really the same as the Netflix character. He looks way more powered. I guess Disney is going make him more powerful than what we saw on Netflix.
FL_Ag1998
AG
I'm in the middle of this week's episode and just had to pause and post what might be one of the funniest lines in the MCU....

"I'm Daredevil!"

Confused look..."Well, it is pretty daring to use ketchup and mustard as your color scheme."
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I get that he's Leap Frog, but that doesn't mean I want to be called a baby toad.
Quad Dog
AG
He seemed a little happier too.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.