*** She Hulk: Attorney At Law ***

49,907 Views | 656 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ornithopter
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Comes out tomorrow! Been avoiding reading a few things on this but there's been some video clips released recently that I'll add to the bottom of this.

I'm just excited to see the Hulk again and if it takes learning about his roided up green cousin to see some green action then I'm good with it. Curious how the 4th wall breaking is going to go down.

9 episodes with the first one dropping tomorrow.

EDIT (thought it was a better idea to have this little disclaimer at the top instead of the bottom): Honestly there's a few character reveals in the trailers I posted that if you don't want it spoiled then I'd just avoid watching them because there was one that I straight up did not expect.

What many assume to be one of the first scenes in the first episode

And a big breakdown of that scene

Honestly there's a few character reveals in the trailers I posted that if you don't want it spoiled then I'd just avoid watching them because there was one that I straight up did not expect.
jeffk
AG
Quote:

Honestly there's a few character reveals in the trailers I posted that if you don't want it spoiled then I'd just avoid watching them because there was one that I straight up did not expect.

Yeah, I was really surprised that they got Rudy Giuliani to play Daredevil.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jokershady said:

This is a totally original poster and not ripping anybody off. Nope.
The Porkchop Express
From an article:

The series pokes fun at a lot of MCU characters, including Steve Rogers himself, whose virginity is something that concerns Jennifer Walters quite a bit. Apparently, it was Kevin Feige himself who gave the answer:

Quote:

"There used to be a season-long runner where the thing that is constantly gnawing away at Jen is this question of whether or not Steve Rogers had ever had sex. You just regularly see her like googling it, talking about it. You got the sense that she was just constantly pestering people in her life, this question that was burning away at her soul. I can't describe to you how thrilled and shocked I was that not only was Kevin on board with answering the question, that he supplied me with the canon answer."
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Duncan Idaho
I am somewhat cautiously optimistic about this one.

Ms Marvel and Hawkeye showed they can make a fun low stakes show based on c list characters.

So fingers crossed.
amercer
AG
The internet has been a little mad for months that she's not super big and super horny.

Not sure what they expect from a Disney show though.
C@LAg
The Porkchop Express said:

From an article:

The series pokes fun at a lot of MCU characters, including Steve Rogers himself, whose virginity is something that concerns Jennifer Walters quite a bit. Apparently, it was Kevin Feige himself who gave the answer:

Quote:

"There used to be a season-long runner where the thing that is constantly gnawing away at Jen is this question of whether or not Steve Rogers had ever had sex. You just regularly see her like googling it, talking about it. You got the sense that she was just constantly pestering people in her life, this question that was burning away at her soul. I can't describe to you how thrilled and shocked I was that not only was Kevin on board with answering the question, that he supplied me with the canon answer."

rhutton125
AG
Didn't she carry that dude into the bedroom in the first trailer? Come on y'all.

I've heard good things so far. This seems like a show that's better suited for week-to-week than anything since WandaVision, but I'm going to be traveling during the last two episodes so I may just wait until it's done to watch.
jokershady
AG
What movie is this poster similar to? I straight up tried googling it and couldn't find anything. Hell I even searched, "movie posters with its character sitting on a bench" and half the answers were Forrest Gump.

Side note....read somewhere that the actress playing She Hulk actually bought all the She Hulk comics online. Not sure how many she read but the fact that she went out and made an attempt at getting her hands on every single one of these to portray the character better should give her mad props
Geriatric Punk
AG
Ya, I'm going to enjoy that a lot more than I will want to admit.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
MW03
AG
I'd watch Tatiana Maslany in just about anything. She's incredible.
The Porkchop Express
C@LAg said:

The Porkchop Express said:

From an article:

Quote:

it seems like at this point, Bruce would have no reaction to something like a car wreck. He knows nothing bad is going to happen to him.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Icecream_Ag
S
MW03 said:

I'd watch Tatiana Maslany in just about anything. She's incredible.
her and her 87 personalities...I mean seestras...I mean clones
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Dirty Sock
Bwahahahaha……wait….this thread is serious?
jokershady
AG
Look I'm still getting caught up on all the MCU stuff and the first MCU thread I made dealt with 5 three minute episodes about a talking baby tree so I'm gonna need you to get all the way off my back about it

cbr
AG
Just reading the title stole 20 iq points. This is an embarrassment to embarrassing dumb entertainment.
rhutton125
AG
If you'd do a bit of googling you'd find that She-Hulk is actually a beloved character who is very different from Hulk and has several great storylines and comics runs.

I don't know if the show will be able to fully pull off the character, but I'm hoping they can! After all, this is the woman who once was the Thing's replacement on the Fantastic Four, was on and off Avenger for 20+ years, defended herself before the TVA for tampering with the space-time continuum on a case involve a time-displaced jury (for impartiality), fought in Secret Wars, and even slept with the Juggernaut (though this was retconned into being a Skrull, by popular demand).

Quite a character.
C@LAg
well THAT explains the arm.

also mid-credit scene.
AMW2010
AG
CAPTAIN AMERICA FUUUU…. I laughed out loud!
C@LAg
A mostly good start, if not very rushed, but I can see why they got that out of the way.

* This version of the "blood transfusion" was hella lame, but whatever.

* We got the Hulk vs SheHulk fight out of the way.

* FX are decent, but her hair shaders and animation is the biggest problem

* I hope we did not blow most of the CGI load on this episode, outside the finale.

* Every episode will have a mid-credit scene

7/10
The Porkchop Express
C@LAg said:

* FX are decent, but her hair shaders and animation is the biggest problem

That's weird, because you always hear how well Marvel treats its VFX people.
bluefire579
AG
Agree that it felt a bit rushed, but definitely entertaining enough. Seems like we're getting an introduction to everything she can do and some of the differences to the Hulk's powers without having to have her discover it throughout the show.

The mid-credits scene was fantastic.
Proposition Joe
So are these pulled from old comics or is this basically Harvey Birdman Attorney At Law in the MVU?
kerrag06
AG
Definitely one of my favorite end credit scenes of all time! After the first episode I'm 100% all in on this series!
Madmarttigan
AG
First episode pretty good, ending was super cheesy and what I worried about watching the trailer. However, that credit scene was LoL amazing
C@LAg
Proposition Joe said:

So are these pulled from old comics or is this basically Harvey Birdman Attorney At Law in the MVU?
there is a season long arc, where she will lose her job and work for a firm defending super-criminals (all this is from the prior released trailers and whatnot).

so lots of c tier criminal cameos, as well as Abomination at some point.

we are likely done with Hulk until the finale, but do know he shows up in a in universe commercial at some point.
TexAgs91
AG
amercer said:

The internet has been a little mad for months that she's not super big and super horny.

Not sure what they expect from a Disney show though.

Uh, today's Disney?
YNWA_AG
AG
kerrag06 said:

Definitely one of my favorite end credit scenes of all time! After the first episode I'm 100% all in on this series!

Just have to wait for the best lawyer in the mcu to show up
jokershady
AG
YNWA_AG said:

kerrag06 said:

Just have to wait for the best lawyer in the mcu to show up
isn't there another version of this lawyer where this person pretty much sucks at being a lawyer......and the other thing this person does sucks as well
The Dirty Sock
jokershady said:

Look I'm still getting caught up on all the MCU stuff and the first MCU thread I made dealt with 5 three minute episodes about a talking baby tree so I'm gonna need you to get all the way off my back about it

The Kraken
AG
Hulk Jennifer....totally wood.
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
C@LAg
i want a scene where professor hulk loses control, becomes OG hulk, then macks on SheHulk because it is cousins so it is OK in some states, and then we get the whole Old Man Logan storylines with Hulk Kids.
jokershady
AG
Just finished the first episode. Pretty dang good course so much of the enjoyment came from Hulk siblings bantering back and forth.

Hopefully this show keeps this pace up.

Very enjoyable overall
Saxsoon
AG
That ass didn't deserve to die a virgin!

Great start honestly. I had a lot of fun. Also Bruce just brushing off the Sakaran cruiser was kind of hilarious

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.