*** She Hulk: Attorney At Law ***

50,319 Views | 656 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ornithopter
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The wife and I watched last night. We got a few laughs out of it.

At the beginning when she was in the office, I saw the RBG bobblehead on her bookshelf and thought, great, here comes the political bullcrap. Surprised that none was forthcoming. Hopefully that will continue.

The car crash with the bag of Cheetos emptying - what the f*** were they thinking when they put in those Cheetos floating in the air through the tumbling car? They looked like little red lines on the screen, not actual Cheetos. Maybe this is an example of how poorly Marvel treats its VFX teams? Horrible effect.

Also have to agree with something I saw posted above - when she transforms, she looks nothing like her non-green persona. When Banner transforms, he still looks like Banner. What's up with that?
#FJB
LMCane
I just can't wrap my head around the fact that for TWENTY YEARS the United States can only produce CGI movies about COMIC BOOK DORKS
redline248
AG
LMCane said:

I just can't wrap my head around the fact that for TWENTY YEARS the United States can only produce CGI movies about COMIC BOOK DORKS
OR DINOSAURS, AMIRITE
ABATTBQ11
AG
The Debt said:

Ah, the mythical inverse bell curve. Thought to be a unicorn amongst statisticians and economists.
jokershady
AG
here's a 9 minute in depth analysis of the v-card discussion with cap and holy crap i had no idea some of the lengths the MCU has gone to keep continuity with certain things and there's a connection here that might actually be true.....

cav14
Red Five said:

Propane & Accessories said:

Agreed, I just think it has been disappointing overall they've been doing a hey remember this character you like that was well developed and paced well here is a new character that is better. They overall have the old cast so far getting dunked on and it really does a diservice to the previous movies. This one felt like the worst as She Hulk was just better in every way to Banner Hulk. Who knows if that will stay but overall it did not reel me in May watch one more but overall not into it. I mean I don't mind new characters as I know they need to bring in the New Guard to replace the Old Guard but maybe let them be eased into the role and show them growing while allowing the old guard a graceful exit. Who knows maybe they turn it around but right now I am kind of tired of Marvel

I honestly didn't have a problem with that aspect. I thought it was pretty clear that Bruce was a superior Hulk. The point was that he was hulksplaining her hulkness to her without validating her lived hulksperience. It makes sense that he would assume she would have the same difficulties as her, since 100% of hulks prior to this had. But I think it served as a reminder that despite all of his experience and studying his own condition, he still has no idea wtf is going on with why he is the way he is.
Kind of like the real-world where male biases have resulted in skewed test results and try to apply that to the overall population instead of recognizing the differences between males and females.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/may/31/sexist-research-means-drugs-more-tailored-to-men-says-scientist

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2015/08/04/429005094/women-theres-a-reason-why-youre-shivering-in-the-office
Saxsoon
AG
jokershady said:

here's a 9 minute in depth analysis of the v-card discussion with cap and holy crap i had no idea some of the lengths the MCU has gone to keep continuity with certain things and there's a connection here that might actually be true.....

I loved Voss' thoughts on this and it is now my head canon
LMCane
redline248 said:

LMCane said:

OR DINOSAURS, AMIRITE
EXACTLY

John Wayne is rolling in his grave.

the US film industry is entirely based around comic books, wokery, and dinosaurs. and remakes.

it's hard to fathom that in the 1940s and the 1950s and the 1960s that there were actually movies about real life.
Duncan Idaho
What a strange take on both historic and modern America Cinema.
FL_Ag1998
AG
LMCane said:

redline248 said:

LMCane said:

OR DINOSAURS, AMIRITE
EXACTLY

John Wayne is rolling in his grave.

the US film industry is entirely based around comic books, wokery, and dinosaurs. and remakes.

it's hard to fathom that in the 1940s and the 1950s and the 1960s that there were actually movies about real life.

Exactly! In the 50's and 60's and 70's Hollywood wasn't trying to sell us stories about giant creatures from outer space attacking Earth, or creatures from some dark lagoon, or apes ruling a planet and enslaving men, or space conflicts in galaxies far, far away! Movies were all about real gosh darn folks.

Nowadays why can't Hollywood make movies about real people, like the US special Ops horse soldiers in Afghanistan, or the last known duel in France, maybe a musical about star crossed lovers caught between two rival gangs, or maybe a woman who loses everything in the Great Recession and now lives nomadically in her van, or maybe a moving story of a Korean immigrant family trying to start over here in America on a farm in Arkansas. Why can't Hollywood put out any stories like these today!

The Debt
rhutton125 said:

This sure seems like a lot of projecting. None of that has even happened yet, or didn't happen at all (they side stepped Ms Marvel having Mr Fantastic's powers - but you'd know that if you watched the show).

Quote:

The problem with Phase 4 is they are just gender-swapping established male characters. They aren't putting a twist on an old story, they are just putting a woman without any moral/character defect in the place of the legacy character.

Isn't She-Hulk a twist on an old story in that she has different struggles and traits than Hulk did? And I sure didn't get the impression that she had no defects and was perfect and would be replacing Hulk. I think she's just going to have to figure out how to be She-Hulk for herself. No amount of time in a lab or doing yoga is going to teach her whatever she's going to need to know across the next 8 episodes (I assume).

None of that has happened yet....yea that's the problem. They started propping up Ms Marvel to take control after Captain Marvel flopped. People seem to forget the 180 Disney had to do with Brie Larson. They were setting her up as the next leader of the avengers but the film didn't resonate with audiences. Then they cut her exposure in endgame to less than 8mins of screen time.

Now with Ms Marvel they are trying to make her the new leader of the team. You see the push to have khan as a primary character in young avengers, new avengers, a team, ffs even the recent animated spidey and friends for 3yos. This character, while not new to Marvel, has been really pushed in the last 10 years into the narrative. You see her and America Chavez in a lot of team ups and best friend shtt.

As for her rip-off of Mr fantastic, I read somewhere that in Pakistan they basically just have the character walking around with big fists because Pakistan won't accept her origin story on screen. Which was what? She found some artifact of her dead grandmother's while playing dress up? Compelling stuff.

Supposedly Ms Marvel is doing worse with audiences than Disney will admit and they might go another direction. So my argument of her leading the team may never come true, if she gets the Captain Marvel treatment. But I think Disney really wants to market her character because they make her quirky and fourth-wall breaking. Khan is just an American teen who uses her stretchy arms to take ridiculous selfies with her super friends. She's a uniter. And is meant to have a light and fluffy tone (which is the tone of the MCU). I can't remember if it was young avengers or new avengers but one got the GLAAD (lbgtq) award for lesbian and queen representation or some such. Disney already charted the course to introduce these characters, but be on the look out if they make the "shipping" actually occur. Recall Disney lost billions from their conference call earlier this summer where execs were gleefully admitting they insert LBGTQ themes into everything they can. Whether you agree with "the message" or not, Disney took a hit. If they go down that path and push it overtly it would be a major financial mistake.

But here's the problem with all these teen/tween female supes. You ready? How many times does Disney/Marvel tell the "im unsure of myself, but I don't need to prove myself to anyone" story. They did it once in Captain Marvel and I will bet we see it once in she Hulk, at least with Hawkeye she recognized she wasn't sht compared to an actual avenger and she had to become better. Many of these female supes are written as without blemish, or at worst the blemish is she lack self-confidence. /snooze "I was always great, I just didn't realize it." Cringe.

Even with she Hulk. Bruce spent years hiding from the MIC and coming to terms with his inner demon. Green Ruffalo is a bad Hulk, yeah I said it, you can't do anything with that character. But now she Hulk walks in and has no internal or external conflict with being a Hulk. What she has to deal with catcalling and tinder creeps? Quell dommage.
The Debt
Added to the spoiler tag

the DISN stock was at 142 when that video leaked. DISN took some major fall out as it tumbled to 92 over the next 4 months and has yet to recover. Looking historically DISN typically peaks in the summers with blockbuster releases and kids needing entertainment in lieu of being in school for 8 hrs. So when they lose 1/3rd of their value that's significant. It's a PR problem and I don't see how gender swapping IP is going to put asses in the seats.

If another studio wanted to make a move into the space, now would be the time to do it.
jeffk
AG
I don't know if I would watch stuff I didn't like as much as some of y'all do.
rhutton125
AG
Quote:

They started propping up Ms Marvel to take control after Captain Marvel flopped. People seem to forget the 180 Disney had to do with Brie Larson. They were setting her up as the next leader of the avengers but the film didn't resonate with audiences. Then they cut her exposure in endgame to less than 8mins of screen time.

None of that is true. They filmed her Endgame part before they filmed Captain Marvel, so the Endgame writers really didn't know who she was yet or what to do with her. That's why she has barely any screen time. It's not like there's mountains of cut Endgame footage out there with her, or that they could have cut her from Endgame in the two months they had after CM was released.

Quote:

Now with Ms Marvel they are trying to make her the new leader of the team. You see the push to have khan as a primary character in young avengers, new avengers, a team, ffs even the recent animated spidey and friends for 3yos. This character, while not new to Marvel, has been really pushed in the last 10 years into the narrative. You see her and America Chavez in a lot of team ups and best friend shtt.

Yeah - she's a pretty popular character. One of the few successful inventions in the last decade. That's why she got a TV show.

The show does nothing to set her up to lead any teams though - so what she's doing in comics doesn't really have any bearing here on this She-Hulk thread.

Quote:

As for her rip-off of Mr fantastic, I read somewhere that in Pakistan they basically just have the character walking around with big fists because Pakistan won't accept her origin story on screen. Which was what? She found some artifact of her dead grandmother's while playing dress up? Compelling stuff.

Supposedly Ms Marvel is doing worse with audiences than Disney will admit and they might go another direction.

I wonder which YouTube videos you're watching because you've confirmed you didn't watch the actual show. Read the TexAgs thread - plenty of posters who weren't expecting to like the show at all ended up enjoying it. By almost all accounts she's been a well-received character.
GreasenUSA
AG
Also, his last point about the stock. Complete fantasy that takes 5 seconds to look up on a stock chart. "DISN" isn't even the ticker. Just a cut and paste job from somewhere else.
Madmarttigan
AG
The Debt said:

Added to the spoiler tag

the DISN stock was at 142 when that video leaked. DISN took some major fall out as it tumbled to 92 over the next 4 months and has yet to recover. Looking historically DISN typically peaks in the summers with blockbuster releases and kids needing entertainment in lieu of being in school for 8 hrs. So when they lose 1/3rd of their value that's significant. It's a PR problem and I don't see how gender swapping IP is going to put asses in the seats.

If another studio wanted to make a move into the space, now would be the time to do it.

You're a *********moron the whole market has taken a dump. Nearly every company has been punished from having their stocks massively overvalued throughout 2020 and 2021.
CoachRTM
AG
I thought it was awesome. This and Ms Marvel have been a ton of fun.
W
AG
just watched the first episode...

it was good that the show got the origin and secret identity out of the way in episode 1.

also filled in the blanks concerning the Hulk since Endgame.

we'll see how the show develops this female character different from some of the others
i is smart
AG
I'm not looking forward to social media learning about some of the Young Avengers lol.
TexasAggie_02
AG
I wonder if we'll ever see "the other guy" again.

Banner made it sound like, smart hulk was the best of both worlds, but all he did was make a green banner, hulk's personality is being repressed. Then he goes and makes a device that keeps him in human form.

Surely at some point, the big guy is going to come out and is going to be pissed.
tysker
AG
Ya somehow smart hulk is kinda boring. If he's in control why does he need isolation? At least with hulk smash there's an internal conflict that creates tension and surprise for the audience
TexasAggie_02
AG
Ooh, marvel should have Jordan peele direct an Hulk "get out" that leads to world breaker hulk or something.
jeffk
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Ooh, marvel should have Jordan peele direct an Hulk "get out" that leads to world breaker hulk or something.

Pixar's Inside Out 2: Planet Hulk
Duncan Idaho
What's the line?
My feelings don't care about your facts
MooreTrucker
AG
tysker said:

Ya somehow smart hulk is kinda boring. If he's in control why does he need isolation? At least with hulk smash there's an internal conflict that creates tension and surprise for the audience
Yeah, isn't there a scene in one of the last movies or maybe one of the TV shows where he's out in public interacting with people, even signing autographs IIRC.

Also, I saw a mid-credit scene. There's not also an end-credit scene, right?
jeffk
AG
No just one scene in the midst of the credits.
redline248
AG
Apparently most of the stuff in this episode was supposed to happen later in the season, and the decision to move it up is what led to all the stuff about marvel being too hard on vfx teams.
jokershady
AG
im pretty hopeful/convinced that we see the big guy again....even during this first episode he still makes comments about "not knowing how it works"

not sure if we see him again during this first season but even if we do see him and he doesn't go nuts with all the hints/easter eggs that there's going to be another hulk movie.....we can rest assure we see him hulk out....

hell there could be this awesome internal conflict going on (thinking along the lines of Venom) where they're able to actually communicate....not sure if that's in the comics but i think that'd be awesome to see
redline248
AG
They sort of converse in Infinity War, when Bruce is trying to get Hulk to fight in New York

Though, I would like more info on how he went from that to Dr hulk
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
redline248 said:

They sort of converse in Infinity War, when Bruce is trying to get Hulk to fight in New York

I think that is my one criticism about how the path the writers chose with She-hulk.

I'm not sure if the show is modeling the comic books, but we have never seen any real plot development with Bruce's struggle with the green guy outside of the last half of Thor 3. Even in the Ed Norton one, you only see him start learning how to control it in one scene right before the credits. All of Banner's character development happened off screen because they didn't want to do another hulk movie. So it really wouldn't be repetitive imo for her to have to go through the same struggles Bruce did, because we never actually saw him overcome those struggles. We just saw the aftermath. We see him fail in Avengers 2, we see him bail, we see him continue to have issues with it all the way through Avengers IW, and then in EG he's just figured it all out.

Like I said, I'm waiting to see if she is about to find out that living as the Hulk is not as easy as she predicted (I think that's likely). I do think it's a little ridiculous that the idea presented in the first episode is that being a normal woman is harder than living in a modern day Dr. Jeckyll / Mr. Hyde situation, where turning into Mr. Hyde means thousands might die at your hands. Hopefully the season shows that she wasn't as ready as she thought.

If not, I will just roll my eyes and keep watching.
jokershady
AG
redline248 said:

forgot about that you're right….big guy got his butt handed to him by Thanos and he didn't want to come out after that
BenFiasco14
AG
Surprised this wasn't posted yet

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
The Debt
Madmarttigan said:

The Debt said:

Added to the spoiler tag

You're a *********moron the whole market has taken a dump. Nearly every company has been punished from having their stocks massively overvalued throughout 2020 and 2021.

Lol ok. Whatever you say chief.
Propane & Accessories
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Lure Mel Brooks out of retirement and have him direct a new "Hulk:Rebranded The quest for money".
The Dirty Sock
Hated the first episode, liked the 2nd. Looking forward to the 3rd.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.