Fallout TV Series (Amazon Prime)

38,329 Views | 450 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by Urban Ag
LB12Diamond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lucy's mom was either like her dad and in the crypto chamber and pulled out later. Or I guess he could have met her in the vault after he was pulled out so she was born latter. My guess is it was the first though. The reason she looked that way in the last episode is bc she was nuked by her husband in the city on the surface. That was one of the biggest items in the show. They nuked again even after the world was recovering.

They never explained how Moldaver lasted that long.
DallasTeleAg
TresPuertas said:

quick question for those who have finished:

what is it that enables the Ghoul and the other lady to live for 200 years? Clearly Lucy's mom was alive by the same substance but why did she turn into a straight up corpse, why is the Ghoul and fully functional ghoul, and why wasn't the head honcho lady aged at all?
We never received an answer about Moldaver. I'm assuming we'll get the continuation of the pre-war story then. We also never got to see Cooper's marriage blow up and why he was doing birthday parties for cash.

Lucy's mother was simply a feral ghoul, just like Cooper's friend was turning into before the mercy killing, and like the ghoul in the Super Duper Mart, Martha.

Nothing keeps ghouls alive for that time. It is simply an effect of their completely irradiated bodies and all radiation around them. It's also why they are able to heal from wounds. Radiation heals their bodies. It's from a perk in the game where you no longer are negatively affected by radiation, but instead are healed by it.
DallasTeleAg
I think we're all still trying to spoiler tag all those later episode story points for those who haven't finished, yet.
Texas Yarddog
AG
This series is one of the best in the last 4-5years, if not more.

Count me as one who has never played a Fallout game, but, after finishing the series, will be buying/playing New Vegas so that I can get a bit more clued in, get some of the easter eggs in next season, and see what has happened to New Vegas post-game in the series.

I played the hell out of Skyrim and the game seems to be a similar vein except set in a post apocalyptic world rather than high fantasy.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Another good bonus video dropped yesterday on the "Extras" tab on Amazon called "Welcome Home!". Just Amazon would post them to Youtube so we could embed them here.

These are always great and hark back to the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. training videos from Fallout 4. - Warning NSFW

BadMoonRisin
AG
I think Fallout 76 is free to play now...

The other games are usually pretty cheap though -- going for $2.50-$6 on steam regularly.
DallasTeleAg
Wow... the nostalgia from 8 years ago. Still remember picking FO4 up after work, taking it home and putting it into my PS4... so excited to play the new FO game. As it was installing on my PS4, it played those videos and got me so pumped. Thought it was a hilarious little thing they gave us while we installed the game.
Velvet Jones
AG
FO4 GOTY edition is $10, and FO3 GOTY is under $7 right now for those who don't own them, and FO4 just got an update.

Highly recommended.

Fallout Sale
Average Joe
AG
I picked FO76 back up. They are still updating things left and right. About to get a big map update/expansion, as well.
BQwolf05
AG
I pre ordered FO76 on xbox but kids made it hard to find time to play so stopped. Got it free the free version on PC the other day. Loaded it up and forgot I had attempted it on PC, but it wiuld not run, and had a character from 2028 on there.

Been having fun playing.
ABATTBQ11
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Lucy's mom was either like her dad and in the crypto chamber and pulled out later. Or I guess he could have met her in the vault after he was pulled out so she was born latter. My guess is it was the first though. The reason she looked that way in the last episode is bc she was nuked by her husband in the city on the surface. That was one of the biggest items in the show. They nuked again even after the world was recovering.

They never explained how Moldaver lasted that long.

He met her in the vault. Moldaver mentioned it when telling Lucy about her dad and how he never told her mom the truth about the vault.
jeffk
AG
Did they even make a present-day connection for the pregnant blonde eyepatch lady? They mentioned she came over from 31 but I don't recall seeing her in any of the flashbacks.
LB12Diamond
AG
That makes sense. Especially with her going to shady sands.
DallasTeleAg
jeffk said:

Did they even make a present-day connection for the pregnant blonde eyepatch lady? They mentioned she came over from 31 but I don't recall seeing her in any of the flashbacks.
No. They still left a lot of story to be told in season 2.
jeffk
AG
Thanks
Rocag
AG
The fact that Lucy has a cousin also implies her mom must have at some point had siblings that lived in the vault which makes it less likely she was pulled from Vault 31.
Quad Dog
AG
Rocag said:

The fact that Lucy has a cousin also implies her mom must have at some point had siblings that lived in the vault which makes it less likely she was pulled from Vault 31.
Cousin could be vault slang for "too closely related to make a baby with." Even in real-life I'd probably still call a second or third cousin a "cousin"
AgLiving06
I'll put my questions in spoilers

Is Maximus supposed to be a NPC type character? I'm 6 episodes in and I have yet to really care about anything related to this guy. I don't think it's bad acting per se, but he just has no meaningful story line. The actor playing Lucy has been great, and her story and the vaults are interesting and being developed. Goggins is Goggins and carries every scene he's in, but when they switch to Maximus, it's just seems slow and out of place. Maybe the last 2 episodes show something, but he's essentially becoming a throwaway character to me
Aggie_Journalist
AG
That's a popular opinion, and I agree he is less compelling than Lucy or the Ghoul, but I didn't think of him as a throwaway character.

Maximus struck me as somebody who wanted to be good and do good, but he often lapsed into bad behavior or had me questioning his morality. Like the way he harassed his squire or, best example, had he really hurt his friend out of jealousy and rage so that he could replace him as a squire? If Lucy is trying to be "lawful good," and the Ghoul is so jaded & selfish that he often comes off as evil, then Maximus is more of a neutral gray. A guy who, all season long, you're wondering what he's really about.
Thanks and gig'em
cone
AG
he's very low INT
jeffk
AG
cone said:

he's very low INT

He was basically raised in a cult, so he's incredibly naive.
cone
AG
so was Veronica from NV and she wasn't a dummy
Aggie_Journalist
AG
But she thought almost everyone else in the brotherhood was
Thanks and gig'em
jeffk
AG
Yeah, I don't think she's a typical example of a BOS adherent.
cone
AG
fair

maximus is still a low int high luck high end build

change my mind
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Had a chance for a romp in the sack with Lucy turned it down

Lucky but stupid checks out.
TChaney

Many of you have not played Fallout 1 or 2. They are very different from the more recent versions.
Fallout 2 had one of the best game intros at the time. Usually you try to skip over these scenes but this one is worth a watch (don't give up on it before the 3 minute mark).

It was also packed full of pop culture references and easter eggs.

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Fallout_2_cultural_references
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Fallout_2_special_encounters

Oh and the series is one of the best adaptations of a video game I have ever seen. Even the most hardcore obsessed fans can only find tiny things to nitpick but still admit the like the show.
G.I.Bro
Just finished it. Really good. I just hope season 2 has more creatures. We saw a few rad roaches and a couple of gulpers, I need more. In the games you can't walk 100' without something trying to kill you. The story line was definitely fallout
NukeAg10
AG
Haven't read anything bc of spoilers, but I just started this today. Walton Goggins is the ****ing man. I'm excited to keep watching.

Eta just watched episode 1.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
NukeAg10 said:

Haven't read anything bc of spoilers, but I just started this today. Walton Goggins is the ****ing man. I'm excited to keep watching.

If we're talking about best active actors who can balance comedic/dramatic acting at a super high level, he has to be in the top 10 right now, right? Maybe top 5? Not quite Tom Hanks/Bryan Cranston/Jamie Foxx tier but almost there.
NukeAg10
AG
TV actor, for sure. But he's ****ing awesome in Django, too.
StinkyPinky
AG
NukeAg10 said:

He's hit his stride. Righteous Gemstones took his career to another level.
Counterpoint
AG
StinkyPinky said:

NukeAg10 said:

Any other Gemstones fans distracted by the ghoul's Baby Billy voice?
NukeAg10
AG
Counterpoint said:

StinkyPinky said:

NukeAg10 said:

Any other Gemstones fans distracted by the ghoul's Baby Billy voice?

It's not the baby billy voice, it's the Boyd Crowder voice. He's ****ing awesome in all of the above.
Velvet Jones
AG
NukeAg10 said:

User name checks out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.