Fallout TV Series (Amazon Prime)

31,599 Views | 400 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by thegoodolag15
BenTheGoodAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Big fan of the Fallout universe. I think there are a lot of great stories to tell. Hopefully Amazon will do a better job than Paramount with their Halo abomination.
Duncan Idaho
I look forward to the inevitable "look how woke they made this property" posts about a property that was (*checks notes*) a critique of capitalism and McCarthyism"

SamHou
Walton Goggins is awesome
jeffk
AG
Ah, the Super Duper Mart. Love that place.
MGS
Walton Goggins is playing a ghoul?
bluefire579
AG
Interested to see what direction they take it. Feels like there's a ton the games don't explore, so there's definitely room to expand the lore
Rocag
AG
It's probably for the best that there is no main character of the Fallout series for them to miscast and butcher. Just an interesting setting and some good background lore to play around with.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Unless it's comically violent like The Boys and really captures the grit, gore and humor of the games, I think it'll fall short of peoples expectations who have played the games.

There are some challenges to this franchise. It's hard to capture the essence of "War, war never changes" (which will be likely be narrated by Jeffry Wright) yet have a show that doesn't make you depressed. In the games, there were no true good guys and bad guys, just sides that the player could take. Everybody had their flaws, which makes for an interesting series but hard to deliver a finale that the viewers can agree on.

Having played way too much Fallout in my younger days, I am going to just take it all with a grain of salt. I
BenFiasco14
AG
Well since it's Westworld showrunners, I'm sure we'll have some sort of twist that Fallout happened BEFORE modern documented history or some such ….

Anyway I'm a big fan of the games. Amazon nailed it with The Expanse - but looks like LOTR is gonna be a pile of crap. Cautiously optimistic.

I hope we get to see the battles in Alaska with the giant robot who trash talks communism
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Well since it's Westworld showrunners, I'm sure we'll have some sort of twist that Fallout happened BEFORE modern documented history or some such ….

Anyway I'm a big fan of the games. Amazon nailed it with The Expanse - but looks like LOTR is gonna be a pile of crap. Cautiously optimistic.

I hope we get to see the battles in Alaska with the giant robot who trash talks communism

jeffk
AG
MGS said:

Walton Goggins is playing a ghoul?

Actually yes.
BenFiasco14
AG
Yes!!! Liberty Prime. I knew it was an Optimus prime knockoff in name and appearance. Love it
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Dekker_Lentz
AG
Walton Groggins has to be Harold, right?
Decay
AG
Hell yeah I hope we get to see Night Stalkers
DallasTeleAg
New photo released. Cautiously optimistic about this one. Great IP that doesn't require you to have to stick to particular characters because it is the world we want to see, not a specific person.

Looks like we are starting in the vault and then escaping with our main character? Makes you wonder how many episodes before they leave the vault.

DallasTeleAg
Some new image leaks from the set of the Fallout show. Nothing seems to be a spoiler, unless you don't want to know anything about the show or see the easter eggs until the show comes out:

BenTheGoodAg
AG

Aggie_Journalist
AG
Excitement rising

This could be really fun
Thanks and gig'em
jeffk
AG
Okay, wow. That looks incredible. Cast is really a lot stronger than what I anticipated too.

California is the setting looks like?
FightinTexasAg15
AG
BenTheGoodAg said:

Studio behind The Boys and free 2 day shipping lol. I'm in
DallasTeleAg
Gotta admit, the opening made me a little weary because it seemed too serious. But them coming in with the oldies while giving us glimpses of the craziness we expect to see from the world of Fallout, I started to get excited.

Seeing that it's looking to be set in California, I'm assuming we will get a little of the NCR.

I'm really hoping this turns out to be great. There are so many fun stories you could tell in this world. I'm looking forward to seeing all the easter eggs from the games.
AgDev01
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Seeing that it's looking to be set in California, I'm assuming we will get a little of the NCR.

That is one of my major questions watching the trailer, where is the NCR? they should be the dominate faction on the west coast at the time period, not the BoS.
DallasTeleAg
I read somewhere that this takes place about 9 years after FO4. Maybe there's some new history with a conflict between the NCR and BoS? That could add some interesting conflict in the show.
BigBrother
AG
Director of Westworld will definitely have a storyline with the synths.

BenTheGoodAg
AG
Looks like we'll get to see some of Walter Goggin's story from before the bombs fell.
AgDev01
AG
The only way that would make sense is if the East Coast Brotherhood flys back as i dont see how they could gain enough strength from New Vegas to this timeline, The problem with that theory is that the airship they show, while looking like the Prydwen has a different name .
DallasTeleAg
BenTheGoodAg said:

Looks like we'll get to see some of Walter Goggin's story from before the bombs fell.
On my 3rd watch, I realized he's riding on the road in the hills, as the bombs are going off.

I'm extremely intrigued by his character in this show. Love Goggins in everything i've seen him in. I've heard rumblings he may be more of an anti-hero or antagonistic to some parts of our main character? Granted, who knows at this point. It would be great to get a ghoul character with a great backstory who is not a "good guy" but not a "villain" either. That would fit very much into the world of Fallout and will give Goggins a lot of great opportunities to act his ass off with this character.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Definitely a lot of LA shots in that trailer.

Perhaps some new threat has pushed the NCR out of the region and S1 will be grappling with that threat.
Thanks and gig'em
DallasTeleAg
There's a scene in the teaser where there seems to be one BoS Knight dead, while they are under heavy fire. Could very well be a conflict between the BoS and NCR.
Nanomachines son
Looks good but I am concerned about a female vault dweller. Assuming they don't give her game level perk superpowers, I really hope this doesn't become another "I am wymyn hear me roar" Mary Sue female empowerment meme show.
jeffk
AG
I hate radroaches so damn much.
AgDev01
AG
That could be. Ill be interesting to see how it turns out.
The Dog Lord
AG
I know almost nothing about these games, but this still looks like it could be great based on the cast and crew involved.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Also, it's a little thing, but it's really nice hearing Nat King Cole in the trailer. I've always really liked the music in the games, though it does get repetitive when you put in a lot of time.

As an aside, the classical music in FO4 was a nice touch and hit different.
DallasTeleAg
I always listen to Diamond City Radio when playing FO4. To me, it is a critical part of the atmosphere to the game. The part of the teaser trailer where Nat King Cole starts playing is what actually began to get me excited.

For those who have never played Fallout, the charm and whimsy, along with the brutality of the world is just a part of what makes the world so great. The pre-war world is a very 50's stylized re-imagining of America. It's both very analog, but also technically advanced, centered around atomic energy.

The main radio stations in both FO3 and FO4 continually play songs from the 50's that usually have something to do with nuclear war, radiation, or exploration. So, you could be listening to Nat King Cole singing Orange Colored Sky while simultaneously blasting a group of raiders, blowing them to pieces. There's always just something fun about that juxtaposition.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.