Tiger King-Netflix

91,555 Views | 492 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by oragator
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I feel like everyone is overlooking Mario Tabraue.

I mean the guy was a drug kingpin who killed, cut up, and burned an ATF informant.

This was just glanced over and I was sitting there going 'Wait, wait, wait...WHAT?" I need a Mario T documentary ASAP.
Mr.Bond
AG
Ag_07 said:

I mean the guy was a drug kingpin who killed, cut up, and burned an ATF informant.

This was just glanced over and I was sitting there going 'Wait, wait, wait...WHAT?" I need a Mario T documentary ASAP.
Ive told multiple people his story was way too glazed over.....
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Pignorant
AG
He has teeth!!
NE PA Ag
Ag_07 said:

This is a great idea. I'm sure other posters will have their own ideas, but I'd also like to see one called 'The Many Loves of Carol' and another called 'Doc Antle: Big Love on a Lifelong Safari'.
The Kraken
AG
Ag 11 said:

5 min in to the show my wife says, "I don't want to watch this crap, change it." By the end of the episode she was telling me to hurry up & start the next one.
LOL, that was my wife too!
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
Ag_07
AG
I mentioned earlier in the thread that I think every character could support their own dedicated documentary.

Maybe not each have their own 7 part series but they could do a limited series where each character gets their own 1 hour episode.

They really are that captivating.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Add to that a behind the scenes "making of" so we can find out how they got the participants to do certain things (shirtless Finlay, bath tub interview, the pitch to get Baskin interviewed on film).
JYDog90
AG
I like how they blow Doc Antle's cover on his directing the documentary folks how to do their jobs.
captkirk
AG
SACR said:

In case you were wondering why Joe was wearing a knee brace during parts of the show, he was bit by a tiger during playtime once.

Wow
redd38
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Add to that a behind the scenes "making of" so we can find out how they got the participants to do certain things (shirtless Finlay, bath tub interview, the pitch to get Baskin interviewed on film).

Finlay seems easily persuaded
Burrus86
AG
SACR said:

In case you were wondering why Joe was wearing a knee brace during parts of the show, he was bit by a tiger during playtime once.

Those administering first aid were not worried about HIV protocol.......scary thought.
tsuag10
AG
SACR said:

Anyone else wondering how many takes they did to get that whole sequence correct? Joe has a gash in his thigh and their "on-site emergency response team" was acting like it was their first day on the job. I'm guessing Joe wanted to make sure they got it right for the video.
swimmerbabe11
...he hired a walmart ammo cashier to be his political campaign manager and you think any of these guys have even the slightest bit of training?
tsuag10
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

...he hired a walmart ammo cashier to be his political campaign manager and you think any of these guys have even the slightest bit of training?
Excellent point.

I did love how they had to roll through the park in their own emergency vehicle with the sirens and lights going. And the idea of them holding on to the stretcher to keep him from rolling off was pretty neat too.
CW Griswold
Ag_07 said:

When he said that he might have been the inspiration for Scarface, I figured he was using some self promoting hyperbole. Then I looked him up....

Other than not dying in a shootout that Michael Bay would think is over the top, it's a pretty apt description of his life.
bonfarr
AG
The more I watch that clip the more it looks staged to me. They don't do a close-up of the wound and I would think he would be in serious pain but he takes it in stride. The dudes in khaki acting as emergency response are suspiciously close by and the guys pulling the tiger off of him don't seem especially concerned. I think the whole sequence was staged for the reality show.
Big Al 1992
AG
Ag_07 said:

They have one - it's called Scarface.
Humorous Username
AG
Carole has ANOTHER missing person according to Reinke.

Humorous Username
AG
Speaking of Carole. Cold case ha been re-opened.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1172191
Humorous Username
AG
VAXMaster
AG
What y'all think about Mrs 327's friend's theory?

I think carol was a hooker. no woman walks down a busy road in middle of night with seedy hotels because she had a fight with her boyfriend. And she had a baby at home at that!!!! She had to throw a potato at him to run out the door?? . Yeah right!!! And then the Lewis guy pulls over and she goes to truck and notices a gun on the seat and gets in then has sex with him that night!!! Oh my gosh she was a hooker!!!!

Then years later in the dark early morning at 3 a.m. she was driving to Albertsons for kitty milk, her car breaks down and she walked down a busy street and happened to run into her brother who was just sitting there in his police car then they find her husbands van at airport and no one knows how it got there.

Then there is the sardine juice comment. And the ketamine drug comment and how everyone knows it paralyzes someone and you can't move. Oh my gosh. Sociopaths can't help themselves.
JYDog90
AG
Humorous Username said:

Speaking of Carole. Cold case ha been re-opened.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1172191

I think Rienke is the most honest guy on the whole show.
West Texan
AG
Just finished watching all of this. Pretty much the same WTF reaction that everyone else has had. I do think I may have encountered Joe Exotic and not realized until just now.

This map is shown when talking about the mall tours he used to

The Music City Mall is in Odessa. When I was playing basketball in high school and we'd travel out that way, we would drop off the freshman and jv teams and then coach would take us to the mall to kill some time before going back for the game. My junior year there were tiger cubs in the middle of that mall where you could pay to get your picture taken with them and what not. I never thought about it until I was watching that episode and saw that map and it hit me, that was probably this crazy mf'er!
amercer
AG
This show is absolutely the only good thing to happen in the last month
amercer
AG
SACR
AG

Remember when Charlie Strong had tiger cubs in his office? A booster was supposedly fostering the cubs Bonnie and Clyde.

Players posed with them, above is worthless LB Dalton Santos.

Makes you wonder if these cubs were bought from Joe Exotic.

PooDoo
AG
FL_Ag1998
AG
I've lived in Tampa for almost 20 years now, and the road Carol was walking down (Nebraska Ave) is synonymous with prostitutes. Even during the day you'll see them. Your wife's friend's theory about Carol has already been mentioned on local talk radio and was the first thing I thought of when watching that episode.
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
I have NO doubt it was him.
bonfarr
AG
Al Bula
AG
SACR said:

Remember when Charlie Strong had tiger cubs in his office? A booster was supposedly fostering the cubs Bonnie and Clyde.

Players posed with them, above is worthless LB Dalton Santos.

Makes you wonder if these cubs were bought from Joe Exotic.

longhorns proving how trashy they are once again. Treating an endangered species as a social media plaything to get attentions from their boyfriends is a core value at UT.
JYDog90
AG
I took my two kids to play with a tiger cub at Katy Mills back in 04 or 05. I wonder if it was him.
swimmerbabe11
https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/31/joe-exotic-tiger-king-fame-prison-quarantine-fan-mail/
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/31/joe-exotic-tiger-king-fame-prison-quarantine-fan-mail/

Joe Exotic: the hero America deserves, but not the one we need right now.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bobcat06
AG
Mantis Toboggan MD said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Joe Exotic: the hero America deserves, but not the one we need right now.
If prisons start releasing non-violent prisoners due to pandemic concerns, would Joe Exotic qualify?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.