Tiger King-Netflix

88,966 Views | 492 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by oragator
puryearag85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Unbelievable series
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I have to say that "Here Kitty, Kitty" is one of the hardest diss tracks and music videos I've ever heard and seen. I thought Tupac was crazy for getting a Biggie look-alike for his diss video, but Joe upped the pettiness levels to unseen heights.
swimmerbabe11
Facebook stalking has been some fun

(comments from this post)

elfurioso92
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

https://www.facebook.com/sus.enos.9/videos/10215357393077461/

Not sure if it will work. I partied with her some in college. wierd chick. Has a few videos of her with animals, there because she worked for Joe Exotic TV.
Go on.....
WorthAg95
AG
Adam Ag 98 said:

The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia think these people are crazy.

If you like Tiger King and you'll love that documentary as well.
OMG YES
Most accurate description of this I've read.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
5 minutes into the 4th episode and Joe Exotic has already done a better job of explaining the mechanics of SEO than my MBA program did.
RebAg13
AG
Finished. Glad all these people are getting lit up
agracer
AG
WTF am I watching and why can't I turn it off???
SACR
AG
I just finished the last episode.

It was recommended by a friend. After the first episode, I messaged him that I wanted to kill Carole Baskin myself. She's a psychopath.

Bhagavan brainwashes women into his cult to get people to work for him. Joe takes on drifters with no other options and gets them to work with him. He then tries to seduce them. Carole gets them to slave for her for 5 years for a freaking navy blue t-shirt.

The big cat people may be crazy, but the people who work at these places are just sad.

Granted, I think the Wal-mart meat truck and Joe's employees having to eat off it is an obvious embellishment.

How do they have so much footage if it was all burned in the fire?
Thunder18
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

I think the guy with the badass prosthetic legs was the most sane.

100%
Humorous Username
AG
Just finished episode 3. Carole can promptly fornicate herself.
Mr.Bond
AG
captkirk said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

I just binged all seven episodes and wow that was great. I think the only redeemable characters were the women who got screwed over by the "missing" ex-husband but it made me feel empathy for Joe in the end who is pretty much a terrible piece of white trash.

I knew nothing about this doc until I saw this thread and somehow didn't know a single thing about this story or any of the people involved at all. Highly recommend.

Also, some of those snitches need to get stitches...in prison.

edit: and there is no doubt that Florida beyotch killed her first husband as far as I'm concerned.

edit 2: Sorry if already mentioned but the fat guy standing up on the waverunner to "eye of the tiger" had me rolling. Surely that guy paid the producers to have that scene put in there.

I came here to post this. The love Child of Chucky and Louie Anderson.... I was in ****ing tears
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Urban Ag
AG
I'm two episodes in and I feel the same way about the three main protagonists as I used to feel about Tech and Texas playing each other.

I'm rooting for an F5 tornado to wipe them all off the face of the planet.

Honestly. Meth fueled, white trash, carnival show.

aggie0959
That footage was joes not the director. Joe filmed everything on his own stuff. At least that is how i justify that blip
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Do any of the people involved get paid for the show? Like are we making Joe Exotic a millionaire because he decided to murder someone?
bonfarr
AG
He is in prison for the next 22 years so I would think not.
Mr.Bond
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Do any of the people involved get paid for the show? Like are we making Joe Exotic a millionaire because he decided to murder someone?
Well.....hes in prison until 2042......
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
bonfarr said:

He is in prison for the next 22 years so I would think not.

I get that, but how does that usually work in these kind of documentaries? Do the subjects receive any royalties at all once/if they are released from prison?
bonfarr
AG
Son of Sam laws would most likely prohibit it.
bonfarr
AG

I didn't even notice this watching the show. The decor in the homicide detectives house is creepy and weird like a serial killer lives there.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
bonfarr said:

Son of Sam laws would most likely prohibit it.

Ah thanks.
swimmerbabe11
he was sentenced 22. probably won't serve that long.

they probably had to purchase some of that footage. they already had probably bought what they needed. Think about Kirkham. He was doing Joe Exotic TV pro bono to have rights to the reality show. if he hadnt blown up the alligator barn/studio and Kirkham had made his show... Joe would have had no rights to it.
HouseDivided06
AG
So apparently they are making a limited series based on this and Kate McKinnon will be playing Carole. So curious to see how they finish out the cast. Anyone other than Danny McBride as Joe is a damn shame
Gigem314
AG
bonfarr said:

If I had seen this documentary thirty years ago and had learned that tiger cubs get you all the hot women you could ever want my life would have evolved very differently.
I mean...they have to do a movie or short series with Danny McBride playing this guy...right?

It's just too perfect.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

he was sentenced 22. probably won't serve that long.

they probably had to purchase some of that footage. they already had probably bought what they needed. Think about Kirkham. He was doing Joe Exotic TV pro bono to have rights to the reality show. if he hadnt blown up the alligator barn/studio and Kirkham had made his show... Joe would have had no rights to it.

Doing some quick research on Son of Sam laws, if they receive anything over $10k, the victims families are immediately notified so that they can sue in civil court and receive it.

OJ was sued by the Goldman family once immediately after the criminal trial, and then again after he wrote his book, for example.
Bunk Moreland
I have no interest in seeing a series or movie version of this with actors. Nothing will get better than the people themselves.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
This was one of (if not) the wildest stories I've ever seen unfold on TV. I think the only logical way to bring closure to this is to have Joe Exotic face Carole Baskin in a nationally televised cage match fight to the death. For ambience, throw in a few chained up tigers in the cage to keep things spicy like in Gladiator.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
swimmerbabe11
I kinda meant that even if there weren't laws about it, likely he got paid before he got sentenced...and he probably got screwed.

if I read the wikipedia on SoS laws... they differ from state to state, so it would depend on Florida's rules? I'm not a lawyer obvs.
bonfarr
AG
I remember watching the documentary American Hollow years ago and being mesmerized by the characters which were all hillbillies from Kentucky. They were all stereotypical hillbillies exactly how you imagined a hillbilly would be and watching their everyday lives and the decisions they made.and things they did was fascinating but that series had nothing on Tiger King and it's characters.
Bunk Moreland
wild and wonderful whites of west virginia is a good one too
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
HouseDivided06 said:

So apparently they are making a limited series based on this and Kate McKinnon will be playing Carole. So curious to see how they finish out the cast. Anyone other than Danny McBride as Joe is a damn shame

Pignorant
AG
I'm confused as to the timeline of filming this documentary. Did they start filming in 2015/2016?
Ag_07
AG
Gigem314 said:

bonfarr said:

If I had seen this documentary thirty years ago and had learned that tiger cubs get you all the hot women you could ever want my life would have evolved very differently.
I mean...they have to do a movie or short series with Danny McBride playing this guy...right?

It's just too perfect.

They did...It's called East Bound and Down
beanbean
Pahdz said:

If this is the same place I'm thinking of when I lived in OKC, there was a tornado outbreak one evening where there were reports on TV that night of tigers loose because the zoo took damage.
Not the same place. You are thinking of Orr Family Farm south of OKC. Yeah, it got hit by a tornado and a bunch of tigers escaped. Luckily it was without incident.

I don't know how many of these type zoos (sanctuaries) other states have, but it seems like Oklahoma has a disproportionate number of them. I know of 3 others here.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

HouseDivided06 said:

It's too bad Phillip Seymour Hoffman is dead. He would be nails as Antle.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.