Tiger King-Netflix

90,289 Views | 492 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by oragator
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Whenever we do a "which steaming series do you wish you could see for the first time again" thread, this is the winner.
CW Griswold
swimmerbabe11 said:

From my Dad's wife's daughter in law
Quote:

My close was friend was one of the main guys that put the Tiger King away. He was horrible !! My friend had to go through a lot of recorded videos he and his friends made. They raped a goat to death. Several of them. The other people pleaded out. But that was just a small portion of the abuse that went on out there.

redd38
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Joshua Dial does not have his Facebook locked.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=235620843847654&id=100021992195624

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=241573206585751&id=100021992195624

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=177285313014541&id=100021992195624

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=171395956936810&id=100021992195624

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1505896432912488&id=100004764370656

The campaign manager is gay and didn't marry Joe Exotic? Weird
JoCoAg09
AG
Tobias Funke said:

There is zero chance that that's actually Joe singing, right?

Right??
Sadly, you are correct.

Joe Exotic Article
Quote:

What's the deal with his genuinely beautiful voice?

The short answer: It's not him singing, but he won't admit it.

the actual recordings of his albums were farmed out to songwriter Vince Johnson and singer Danny Clinton, each of whom are credited for "Archival Footage" in the docuseries.
Claude!
swimmerbabe11 said:

Quote:

They raped a goat to death. Several of them.

I'm sorry...what?
swimmerbabe11
Also, in episode one, they said Monkey people are wierd.. I would love a series about each group.
Saint Pablo
This was insane. I really enjoyed it
Chipotlemonger
AG
Been watching this show this week, 3 episodes in. Crazy.
SgtBarbarossa
Quote:

That's a hell of a chain. So... step-sister-in-law?
swimmerbabe11
Basically, I guess.. my dad didnt remarry until i was an adult, so I dont really consider it like that.

My dad's wife and her family is all from Oklahoma.
Saint Pablo
First thing I thought when I saw the dude. For some reason he annoyed me more than anyone on the show
Silky Johnston
The picture of him on a leash being held by the crazy beeotch was painful. It was pretty hilarious how long they showed it though.
SgtBarbarossa
Understood. I have a ton of odd relations in my family... my lineage looks like a damn celtic tree of life diagram.
tsuag10
AG
Just got through watching this.

Frickin awesome.

The chick that got her arm taken off is definitely the most normal/sane person in the whole thing. (Minus the decision to go back to work there)
ghostofbucky
AG
1998 a girlfriend calls me up and says, hey I'm bored, and I hear there's a magic show at the mall with live tigers. Never one to turn down a twin red head, I say, Ill pick you up in 5.

What happened next was truly magical. A crowd of 14 people, a live set up, and....freaking Joe Exotic. I just sat there staring like excited Aziz Ansari for 45 minutes. If you think the Netflix documentary is good.......you should have seen him live. This show has been 20 years coming.
TexasAggie008
AG
was the longhorn the only college logo featured at any point in the doc?

Makes sense
dcAg
This was nuts. EVERYONE of them is seriously effed up. Each was crazier than the next. What a bunch of con artists, crooks, grifters and ne'er do wells. The two non-gay husbands were weird. Why would you do a 7 part interview without your shirt on? And that is only 1 of eleventy billion questions to ask. Personally I am not working anywhere when every knucklehead is carrying a weapon.

I hear that Tigers really love hot dogs and brautwurst. Superb and interesting story on the dregs of society (with the exception of a couple).
Ag_07
AG
I want a spin-off doc of every character.

Especially Tim Stark the monkey guy who bolted on Jeff Lowe.
johnnyblaze36
AG
I just binged all seven episodes and wow that was great. I think the only redeemable characters were the women who got screwed over by the "missing" ex-husband but it made me feel empathy for Joe in the end who is pretty much a terrible piece of white trash.

I knew nothing about this doc until I saw this thread and somehow didn't know a single thing about this story or any of the people involved at all. Highly recommend.

Also, some of those snitches need to get stitches...in prison.

edit: and there is no doubt that Florida beyotch killed her first husband as far as I'm concerned.

edit 2: Sorry if already mentioned but the fat guy standing up on the waverunner to "eye of the tiger" had me rolling. Surely that guy paid the producers to have that scene put in there.

RebAg13
AG
Finished two episodes. These people are fascinating
chick79
AG
This is one of the most effed up documentaries I've ever seen. Literally everyone is so screwed up on so many levels............
AgPediRPh
AG
chick79 said:

This is one of the most effed up documentaries I've ever seen. Literally everyone is so screwed up on so many levels............
"Most effed up Netflix documentary" would be a good thread.
Garrelli 5000
AG
The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia think these people are crazy.

If you like Tiger King and you'll love that documentary as well.
EFE
AG
HOLY.HILLBILLY.****. That **** was such a meth fueled fever dream. About 3 episodes before the last I was like "Wow, there's no way they aren't about to put a bow on this thing and let me return to normal life" and ol' Joe would work up a number 6 and say "BUT WAIT, MOTHER****ER, THERES MORE!!!"

***Tosses glitter, shoots blowup doll, kisses tiger***
captkirk
AG
bonfarr said:

What do y'all think of Carole's husband? Is there a more ***** whipped husband in America than that guy? I can't figure out if he is happy to suck up to her because she is wealthy or if he is afraid if he doesn't she will kill him and feed him to her tigers like her first husband.
He gave me the creeps every time he was on screen
captkirk
AG
JoCoAg09 said:

Tobias Funke said:

There is zero chance that that's actually Joe singing, right?

Right??
Sadly, you are correct.

Joe Exotic Article
Quote:

What's the deal with his genuinely beautiful voice?

The short answer: It's not him singing, but he won't admit it.

the actual recordings of his albums were farmed out to songwriter Vince Johnson and singer Danny Clinton, each of whom are credited for "Archival Footage" in the docuseries.

LOL. Perfect
Kellso
Adam Ag 98 said:

We've only made it through 2 episodes but my thoughts to this point:

1. They're all crazy as F!

2. The lady is the most evil of them all - from what they've shown I feel like she's insanely hypocritical and only looking out for her wallet. The first time she said "Tigers shouldn't be kept in tiny cages" and "people shouldn't pose with Tigers" then they showed how hers are kept and showed her squatting to pose in front of her lion so they could see it all - completely gave her away.

3. Joe at least comes across as honest. He's a gay redneck gun loving zoo keeper and makes no bones about it.

To repeat - only two episodes in and thus far I hope this series ends w/her being eaten on camera.
That was also my first impression.

I don't know if it was the editing, but her and her husband tried to portray themselves as the "good guys".....and Im like: "B****, aren't you doing the exact same thing?????"

Great documentary and very entertaining.

Im glad I don't know anyone like the people they featured...... except for that Doc Angle guy and his women....I could hang with him.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
chick79 said:

'Merica
captkirk
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

I just binged all seven episodes and wow that was great. I think the only redeemable characters were the women who got screwed over by the "missing" ex-husband but it made me feel empathy for Joe in the end who is pretty much a terrible piece of white trash.

I knew nothing about this doc until I saw this thread and somehow didn't know a single thing about this story or any of the people involved at all. Highly recommend.

Also, some of those snitches need to get stitches...in prison.

edit: and there is no doubt that Florida beyotch killed her first husband as far as I'm concerned.

edit 2: Sorry if already mentioned but the fat guy standing up on the waverunner to "eye of the tiger" had me rolling. Surely that guy paid the producers to have that scene put in there.

Ag_07
AG
Has to be a shout out to Kenny Powers

Jim01
AG
Thank the lawd this fool got his grill right.
swimmerbabe11
Omg, I just learned that one of the wierdest people I knew in college worked there... and now she is posting behind the scenes videos.
What a gift to quarantine Joe Maldonado-Passage-Exotic is.
aggie0959
We have rules around here.
Post links
CheeseSndwch
Claude! said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Quote:

They raped a goat to death. Several of them.

I'm sorry...what?

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Joe Exotic rape a goat to death at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
swimmerbabe11
https://www.facebook.com/sus.enos.9/videos/10215357393077461/

Not sure if it will work. I partied with her some in college. wierd chick. Has a few videos of her with animals, there because she worked for Joe Exotic TV.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.