Favorite Lines from The Office (US)

110,137 Views | 797 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jugstore Cowboy
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Who's the one character you could do without?

Mine is Nellie

I think that's the universal answer
HoustonAg2106
AG
Sex Panther said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Mine is Nellie

Yea probably, just curious if there are any others out there
Bulldog73
AG
Does Deangelo count? I also didn't like Robert California at all, but I realize he's polarizing. Nellie is definitely the easy answer.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Sex Panther said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Mine is Nellie

Nellie in a landslide, although when I watch reruns I don't like Gabe at all either.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Bulldog73 said:

Does Deangelo count? I also didn't like Robert California at all, but I realize he's polarizing. Nellie is definitely the easy answer.

I felt that way about Robert California at first, but he really grew on me after a while
TXAG 05
AG
Nellie is the answer, but Gabe is a close second. Can't stand that guy in anything he does
Sex Panther
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

Nellie is the answer, but Gabe is a close second. Can't stand that guy in anything he does

Jared from Silicon Valley is one of the funniest characters ever
HoustonAg2106
AG
Sex Panther said:

Cstrickland05 said:

Jared from Silicon Valley is one of the funniest characters ever

He's definitely better in Silicon Valley than he is in The Office
Pahdz
I don't mind Nellie, I mean she did give us this scene

AgLiving06
Nellies character didn't really make sense on the show which makes her the obvious answer.

However I think Deangelo was easily the worst.

IMDB says he was only on the show 4 times, but I'm not sure there was any real memorable moments.

Nellie was on there 34 times and while the struggle to find her a spot she did have some funny moments.
The Collective
AG
The only scene I semi-enjoyed with Nellie is the one where they get Dwight to call into the "radio show" to defend the company's honor.
HoustonAg2106
AG
I Have Spoken said:

The only scene I semi-enjoyed with Nellie is the one where they get Dwight to call into the "radio show" to defend the company's honor.
True, but she was also probably the weakest link in that scene. Pam pretending to be the paper mill foreman with a ridiculous accent and Jim running in and telling Dwight that the stock is plummeting and can you handle this or do we need to find someone that understands the media are the memorable parts for me.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
It is national chili day!!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B9E1OImlbwk/?igshid=1cdaoksdvflc2
TheDraw
AG
More greatness that is Kevin.

MW03
AG
The worst character on the show is the manger version of Andy, and that's because of Nellie. Therefore, Nellie is the worst thing that happened to The Office besides Michael Scott leaving.
The Collective
AG
TheDraw
AG
I Have Spoken said:

Kevin is great. He's like New York six but Scranton keleven.
HtownAg92
AG
On second and third viewing, Nellie doesn't bother me as much.

I know that this person was a necessary character, but my vote for the worst is Jan. She was endearing for maybe 5 minutes in the show (when she was drunk at Chili's), but otherwise she was a huge ball of wet blanket, beeeyotch, narcissism, cringe and suck.
HoustonAg2106
AG
MW03 said:

The worst character on the show is the manger version of Andy, and that's because of Nellie. Therefore, Nellie is the worst thing that happened to The Office besides Michael Scott leaving.

Well technically Michael Scott leaving and Deangelo being hospitalized (along with Dwight shooting a gun in the office) is why Andy became manager
MW03
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

MW03 said:

Well technically Michael Scott leaving and Deangelo being hospitalized (along with Dwight shooting a gun in the office) is why Andy became manager

I don't have a problem with Nard Dog tattoo Andy. I despise vindictive and mean Season 9 Andy.

TheDraw
AG
Y'all are all wrong. Worst character award goes to CHARLES ****ING MINER

Hated him.
Sex Panther
AG
HtownAg92 said:

I know that this person was a necessary character, but my vote for the worst is Jan. She was endearing for maybe 5 minutes in the show (when she was drunk at Chili's), but otherwise she was a huge ball of wet blanket, beeeyotch, narcissism, cringe and suck.

Whaaaaat??? Jan is one of the most brilliant characters on the show. She's incredible. She starts as this ultra-powerful, confident, competent leader that idiot Michael constantly annoys and she has to clean up his messes... and then slowly the layers peel off and you see she's actually this self-destructive, insane, whackjob. Which is even better because I feel like that's almost commonplace for alpha corporate women.

And for her to then be attracted to Michael... I mean, most of the humor in the 2nd and 3rd seasons stemmed directly from this dynamic.

Man I feel like Jan is the most underrated, and one of the best characters on the show. Melora Hardin was amazing in that role.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
HtownAg92 said:

What is wrong with you, man??

double aught
AG
TheDraw said:

Hated him.
Charles Miner's savage, subtle digs at Jim are awesome.

"Why work harder than you have to?"
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
double aught said:

TheDraw said:

Hated him.

Michael: All right, let me introduce you to some of the troops. Accounting, front and center. Come on up here. I'd like you to meet somebody. This is the accounting department.
Charles: Hey, I come from accounting, too.
Michael: Oh, nerd alert!
Kevin: Ni-
Michael: This is Oscar Martinez. He is Latino. And he just got out of a long-term relationship with a man, Gil, who broke his heart. But he didn't bring any of that into work, it did not affect his job performance whatsoever and I am very proud of him for that.
Charles: Hey, Oscar, it's good to meet you.
Michael: This little hell-raiser is Angela. She has slept with a bunch of different guys in the office. One over there, in the orange [points to Andy]
Andy: Hey-o!
Michael: There you go! Where's the other?
Charles: You know, Michael, I don't need to know everyone's sexual history.
Michael: Well, perfect, because we have now arrived at Kevin and he has no sexual history.
'03ag
double aught said:

TheDraw said:

Hated him.

This. I wasn't a big fan of the character but his presence created some good moments. Loved Jim squirming a bit. And then seeing Charles squirm in the same way when David Wallace comes in. Good stuff.
Chipotlemonger
AG

Good promotion here.
Bulldog73
AG
Bruh, partnering with Bush's beans about chili? Wtf?!?!?

J/k, I kinda like beans in my "chili".
PatAg
AG
Bulldog73 said:

Bruh, partnering with Bush's beans about chili? Wtf?!?!?

J/k, I kinda like beans in my "chili".
get out of Texas!
HtownAg92
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Good promotion here.
Beans, bell peppers and sour cream -- get that Yankee sheeet out of here.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Jason Sudekis as Jim Halpert is unreal.

'03ag
As is Kristen Wiig as Pam, which she did audition for.
Pahdz
So glad she didn't win that role
tylercsbn9
AG
Pahdz said:

So glad she didn't win that role

The original cast was absolutely perfectly cast. The later season obviously weren't as good with out Steve but I'd said the original casting was one of the best ever for a TV show

I've really enjoyed the office ladies podcast and doing a rewatch. Yes Pam and Angela drone on a bit much and sometimes talk about meaningless stuff but it's still very enjoyable.
TheDraw
AG
Dwight - What is my perfect crime? I break into Tiffany's at midnight. Do I go for the vault? No, I go for the chandelier. It's priceless. As I'm taking it down, a woman catches me. She tells me to stop. It's her father's business. She's Tiffany. I say no. We make love all night. In the morning, the cops come and I escape in one of their uniforms. I tell her to meet me in Mexico, but I go to Canada. I don't trust her. Besides, I like the cold. Thirty years later, I get a postcard. I have a son and he's the chief of police. This is where the story gets interesting. I tell Tiffany to meet me in Paris by the Trocadero. She's been waiting for me all these years. She's never taken another lover. I don't care. I don't show up. I go to Berlin. That's where I stashed the chandelier.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.