***Stranger Things Season 3 SPOILERS THREAD***

41,277 Views | 323 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by C@LAg
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Watched the first 2 episodes last night. Hopper singing "You don't Mess around with Jim" is my top highlight so far.
nosoupforyou
AG
thought Season 3 was great!

So after reading up - really feels like 'the American' mentioned during end credits is Hopper - he must have saved himself somehow

Also - anybody know why the people and rats were eating fertilizer? Only thing I can think of is that it helped liquify their bodies into the monster?
Olsen
AG
I think Hopper is alive and is being held captive at Kamchatka. I don't know where Brenner is. He was attacked by a demogorgon and I'm not sure how he would magically appear in Russia.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Maybe when people were supposedly turned to dust they were sent to the upside down?

If it is Hopper I'm very interested to see how they pull it off.

And we know Brenner is alive, so I'm pretty sure he'll be the big bad for the final season.

And at this point I've gotta think S4 will be the final one. Don't want to stretch it out too long.

This was my favorite season so far. The pop culture references, music, and aesthetic of the season were awesome.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I also think Eleven's mom and 8 are possible storylines that could be brought back and resolved next season.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
USS Butterscotch
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
hph6203
AG
I like to use it, use it.

Hopper is alive. They can't kill Fat Rambo.

And please, no more number kids. You want more numbers do number kid spinoff. No one cares about your numbers if it's not eleven.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
Hopper is "the American".

Even if the Season 4 explanation is bullsh/t I don't care. I can't abide with Hopper being dead.

Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
mazag08
AG
So what exactly in the Upside down is ultimately pulling the strings? Is it just a bunch of random ass demons each with their own objectives.. or has each season featured a sort of different henchman?

I just don't get how the creature from the first season.. that could walk in and out of dimensions and had so much mystery around it could be linked to the 100% physical mass of this season.
mazag08
AG
Oh, and they way overused the "saved at the last second by heroic friend" trope this season.

But overall, very good season.
cef88
AG
At the end of Season 1 episode 3 they played Heroes by Peter Gabriel/ David Bowie, after they pulled Will's body out of the quarry lake, implying he was dead. We all know he turned out ok.

Same song was played at the end of season 3...
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
elfurioso92
AG
Just finished watching. I think this may be my favorite season.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
aTmAg
AG
I have no idea how they are going to pull off next season in a non-lame way (assuming Hopper is in the Russian prison).

Are the kids going to ride their bikes to the airport, fly to Russia, and break Hopper out? Is Ronald Reagan going to call 11 on the phone and say, "El.. your dad is alive in a Russian prison. We need you to help us break him out. Can we count on you?"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thank God you aren't a writer.
aTmAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Thank God you aren't a writer.
(Those are intentional examples of lameness, BTW)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Season 4 - Russia in 86?

Meaning, Chernobyl? I could see them tying that into the plot somehow. Could get interesting.
annie88
AG
I really enjoyed season three as well. I wonder if there's going to be a season four. I guess were all assuming that the American there at the end was Hopper?

But I still say they have most of the boys haircuts wrong for the mid-80s. I lived it. Most everything else is fairly on tap though.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Daveintx
Ya know... Gotta hand it to Me Wheeler. He's said for two seasons it's the Russians
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
annie88 said:

I really enjoyed season three as well. I wonder if there's going to be a season four. I guess were all assuming that the American there at the end was Hopper?

But I still say they have most of the boys haircuts wrong for the mid-80s. I lived it. Most everything else is fairly on tap though.

Producer/director Shawn Levy said, "It's definitely on".
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I felt like they want you to think it's Hopper in the prison. I think it's someone else, maybe Brenner or someone else. But Hopper is trapped in the upside down or something.

Excited for season 4, really liked this season
Daveintx
I dunno if I've ever seen a more perfectly placed never ending story reference
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Suzie killed Hopper.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
They also really laid the "New Coke" on pretty heavy lol
Trident 88
AG
C@LAg said:

annie88 said:

Yeah the boys haircuts are really wrong. They're very much late 70s early early 80s. Not mid-80s

At this point New Wave has come and gone. The boys would have a little bit more style to their haircut
I thought the boys' shorts looked wrong, too, like they were still in the late 70's. But since they're nerds and presumably not keeping up with fashion, I guess the shorts and the haircuts might still be okay for this season. I just expect to see serious makeovers for all of them in season 4.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
The Kraken
AG
C@LAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Suzie killed Hopper.
yep.
I hated that entire duet scene.

It was stupid.
it was ridiculous.
and went on way too long.
I would have told her to **** off and stop being such an uptight *****,
And there's no way for two people to be talking/singing on the same frequency, anyway.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.