Better Call Saul season 5 delayed until 2020

154,961 Views | 1220 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TCTTS
ApachePilot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Junkhead said:

Did you just start watching this season?

No been watching for years. Probably Watched Breaking bad like 10 times. BCS I've been less into until last year. I watched them but not with the same excitement. But this and last season are damn good! I missed the part about the son. Thanks for sharing!
ApachePilot
ApachePilot
AG
Drifter. said:

ApachePilot said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Mike losing it on his granddaughter was rough. Never seen him do that and felt out of nowhere.

What happened to his son that was so bad that when his granddaughter Kept asking him about him it set him off like that? I'm assuming he was killed in the line of duty as a cop. Maybe that's why Mike left the Philadelphia PD in a bad way (if I recall DEA Hank ribbing him about it in the last season).
Mike was so cool and composed in all ways. His so was the weak spot?

I forget if it's season 1 or 2 but mike explains it all! It's a great scene! You have got to watch it. Basically he was killed for Mike being a dirty cop.

Here, found it for you!!!

Thanks
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Mike may be one of the best-written antiheroes ever. You could never defend him as a good guy, and yet I don't know anyone that dislikes him or roots against him.
Gigem314
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

https://screenrant.com/better-call-saul-season-5-jimmy-walt-heisenberg/amp/#
Wow...yeah that's certainly a major domino that fell in the last episode. The tangled web of BB and BCS is what makes these storylines so interesting. Great writing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Did anyone else, for a split second, think it was Badger and Skinny Pete in line to see Saul in the first episode?
maca1028
Yep. I also thought that Hank was part of the team that busted in the apartment. Couldn't tell if it was DEA or Albuquerque police.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So Hank has gotta be the guy that flips Crazy 8, right? He starts informing to the DEA, possibly under the advice of Saul?
JYDog90
AG
I can't imagine that Saul tells him to do that.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So Hank has gotta be the guy that flips Crazy 8, right? He starts informing to the DEA, possibly under the advice of Saul?
Who says Krazy-8 flips?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hank reveals that in the first season of BB. Can't recall the specific scene or episode, but was reminded of that recently.

Quote:

When Jesse tries to sell Walt's new product to Domingo, now operating under his alias Krazy-8, he forces Jesse to take him to his new partner, as Krazy-8's cousin Emilio suspects Jesse of ratting him out to the DEA. Unknown to Emilio, it was in fact Krazy-8 himself who snitched on his own cousin. When Emilio recognizes Walt from accompanying Hank on the drug bust, Krazy-8 furiously believes that Walt is involved with law enforcement and plans to kill him until Walt offered to teach him his meth formula. Emilio and Krazy-8 follow Walt into the RV and force him to show them his recipe at gunpoint. While mixing chemicals, Walt creates a small explosion that produces phosphine gas, choking and incapacitating both Emilio and Krazy-8.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I mean yeah, that's true. Just trying to figure out how he becomes a snitch, yet seemingly is taken on as a client by Saul.

Guess we'll see.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Yeah, after re-reading that I was remembering wrong.
TCTTS
AG
ApachePilot
AG
Mike is awesome!
TCTTS
AG
Great episode.

That said, the deeper Jimmy gets, the more worried I am that either Lalo or Gus erases Kim. Which I just don't think I'll be able to handle.

On a lighter note, I've decided that the actor who plays Lalo needs to be in everything. That dude should be a star.
Seven Costanza
AG
TCTTS said:

On a lighter note, I've decided that the actor who plays Lalo needs to be in everything. That dude should be a star.

I agree. Really has a screen presence.
CoachRTM
AG
I feel like BCS and BB are coming together faster than I thought they would
TCTTS
AG
Do we have any idea how many months or years away from the BB timeline we are?
fatdad84ag
AG
TCTTS said:

Do we have any idea how many months or years away from the BB timeline we are?
I think we get to BB soon and Season 6 is gonna be all Gene in Omaha and beyond!
Sports-Ag
AG
Another great episode. Agree, Lalo is great but have to think Gus will take care of him.

When Domingo, Hank, and Steve were in the room I could not help but think Walt was all connected to their deaths.
TCTTS
AG
I think it was mentioned in this thread, but I'm pretty sure there's at least one scene in BB in which both Nacho and Lalo are referenced by Saul as still being alive. Or at least *he* still believes them to be alive, as he speaks of them in the present tense.
CoachRTM
AG
TCTTS said:

I think it was mentioned in this thread, but I'm pretty sure there's at least one scene in BB in which both Nacho and Lalo are referenced by Saul as still being alive. Or at least *he* still believes them to be alive, as he speaks of them in the present tense.

It's the scene where Walter and Jesse take Saul out to the desert. I'm sure someone has the exact language.

Honestly, we're pretty close to being able to see it. I wouldn't be surprised if the end of season 5 is where the two "merge". Couple of pretty obvious storylines would have to be wrapped up between now and then.
Sports-Ag
AG
CoachRTM said:

TCTTS said:

It's the scene where Walter and Jesse take Saul out to the desert. I'm sure someone has the exact language.

Honestly, we're pretty close to being able to see it. I wouldn't be surprised if the end of season 5 is where the two "merge". Couple of pretty obvious storylines would have to be wrapped up between now and then.

I remember that scene. I was making a guess that either Saul thinks they are alive or he was just blaming them.

The show continues to deliver and agree with the board that the BB timeline is coming in sooner than we think.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Anybody know when episodes finally get posted to Amazon????

I don't have AMC any more and bought S5 on Amazon - but I expected it during or right after the episodes aired. Nothing yet for ep. 3.

Bobcat06
AG

It wasn't me, it was Ignacio

Lalo didn't send you?
oragator
The ants were amazing,
Kim's best scenes to date.
Lalo continues to be awesome.
Timelines coming together.
Hank's back,

And anything, and I mean anything with Barry Corbin in it is a win.

One of the two or three best episodes of the series.
Big Al 1992
AG
Kim Wexler is such a great character. Kim >>>>>>>Skylar
Belton Ag
AG
During the scene with Barry Corbin, Kim says that he began a 100 year lease in 1974, to which he replies he has 70 years left. That would put the current BCS timeline at 2004, right? Breaking Bad begins in 2008, so we still have 4 years.

Am I right or am I missing something?
Mr.Bond
Mr.Bond
AG
I believe that is correct
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Teddy Perkins
AG
'Better Call Saul' Star Michael Mando Says the Prequel Becomes 'Breaking Bad' in Season 5

Quote:

"This is the season all the Breaking Bad fans have been waiting for," Mando said. "When the show started and all the Breaking Bad fans going, 'Oh my God, this is like season 6 of Breaking Bad,' that's the season that they're talking about. And all the fans of Better Call Saul who go, 'Oh my God, if all these storylines pay off, it's going to be crazy,' that's the season.'"
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
So just to be sure, Kim tried her Saul Goodman act and Barry Corbin saw right through it?

Now Kim knows for sure (1) she can't do it that way and will now move away from Saul or (2) try that much harder, screw it up losing her license or get done in as collateral damage?
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Also, Hank almost blew the plan by walking out while they were trying to bargain, but Saul ad libbed and got him back in, right?
GreasenUSA
AG
No, she has the power to rescind or change the offer price. It wasn't a Saul Goodman act; it was just her being pissed at the situation after being excited for once about work for her pro-bono day.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.