Better Call Saul season 5 delayed until 2020

154,252 Views | 1220 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TCTTS
MathNewman06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Belton Ag said:

MathNewman06 said:

March 2004 if the docket number for Lalo's case is date-coded. Otherwise the numbers they used - 200403something would seem quite coincidental.

Wow you're probably right then. I thought Lalo killed Fred in March of 2004 and this was roughly a year later.

Docket number could have been the date of the crime, I suppose. You could be right, too.
Fairview
AG
Here's what google says...

"Docket numbers, sometimes called file numbers or case numbers, are how the court identifies each case. Included in the numbers are codes telling the judges, clerks, and lawyers when the case was filed and what type of case it is."
MathNewman06
AG
Yeah that makes sense.
Geriatric Punk
AG
MathNewman06 said:

Belton Ag said:

MathNewman06 said:

March 2004 if the docket number for Lalo's case is date-coded. Otherwise the numbers they used - 200403something would seem quite coincidental.

Wow you're probably right then. I thought Lalo killed Fred in March of 2004 and this was roughly a year later.

Docket number could have been the date of the crime, I suppose. You could be right, too.
It is usually the date of filing, not offense. HTH
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
PatriotAg02
AG
Ok, someone is gonna die in the next 3 episodes. Any guesses?
Bunk Moreland
Whew needed that episode. Fully re energized me for watching this season.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. Same.
Bunk Moreland
Also, Rhea is doing great. It has taken me a while to fully come around to the fact that Franks & Boosh aren't gonna show up and start cracking jokes in her scenes but this season should be her Emmy season. Though she'll have tough competition with Laura Linney.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Agreed, that is a super tough matchup this year and I don't know who I'm rooting for. Both have been fantastic.
GreasenUSA
AG
Damn that episode flew by. My enjoyment of this series has steadily trended upwards.
Frozen Concoction
Spice Curls
Luftwaffle
BlackLab
AG
Did the preview for next episode have a quick shot of walts car?
PatAg
AG
Two things, I think that's a great call on Saul/Jimmy using the vacuum cleaner service to get Kim out of town (of course that means there is no way it happens now)

I LOVED that shot of Jimmy peering around the corner at the family, and the image that the uber-reflective surface created. It reminded me of something, but I can't place it.

This show and Breaking Bad are always just creating amazing visuals out of the blue
Liquid Wrench
I've always wanted to know what Gus did in Chile that the cartel heard about. This week's conversation between Gus and Schuler might be the closest we get to it. There have long been rumors about German intelligence assisting Pinochet in the coup. I suppose maybe the suggestion here is that Schuler and Fringe worked together in suppressing dissidents? Pinochet surrendered the presidency in 1990, and but served as commander in chief until 1998, which is around the time the heat for human rights abuses started getting serious.

Could explain some of Gus's efficient sadism. Also adds another dimension to Schuler's suicide, since he seemed to know a little about electro-shock:

And of course, their history together finally sheds how this German conglomerate is involved in a New Mexico fast food chain and why this exec was secretly working on a meth empire.

Still wouldn't mind seeing more on the Chilean backstory.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
On timelines the Breaking Bad Schuler Wiki put his funding of the lab at 2004. FWIW.
Mr.Bond
AG
I think we are around 2006 right now
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

TCTTS
AG
Apparently this Monday's episode is must-watch-live status, so as to not risk being spoiled, and Vince Gilligan is directing.
Malachi Constant
AG
TCTTS said:

Apparently this Monday's episode is must-watch-live status, so as to not risk being spoiled, and Vince Gilligan is directing.

Tell us more
TCTTS
AG
That's all I know. Andy and Chris briefly mentioned as much in the latest episode of The Watch, which also features a great interview with Rhea Seehorn (Kim), who seems incredibly smart, cool, and down-to-earth in real life...

https://www.theringer.com/video/2020/4/2/21206465/rhea-seehorn-on-how-better-call-saul-gets-made
fta09
AG
Teddy Perkins
AG
TCTTS said:

That's all I know. Andy and Chris briefly mentioned as much in the latest episode of The Watch, which also features a great interview with Rhea Seehorn (Kim), who seems incredibly smart, cool, and down-to-earth in real life...

https://www.theringer.com/video/2020/4/2/21206465/rhea-seehorn-on-how-better-call-saul-gets-made
So Kim is dying?
CoachRTM
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

TCTTS said:

So Kim is dying?

A cameo from Jesse or Walt would live up to the hype as well.

....but my bet is either Kim or Nacho bite it.
TCTTS
AG
No way Kim dies this early, with a an entire final season + a couple episodes left this season, after next week's. Also, the must-watch-live comments and the Kim interview were completely separate. I suppose there might be a more plot-centric reason that Rhea Seehorn, of all people, was on the podcast this week, but it felt more like a Kim-is-awesome interview than any farewell kind of thing.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I doubt Nacho dies either. Saul references him in his first BB appearance so he's likely alive. Can't imagine he'd get killed without Saul knowing.
Complete Idiot
TCTTS said:

No way Kim dies this early, with a an entire final season + a couple episodes left this season, after next week's. Also, the must-watch-live comments and the Kim interview were completely separate. I suppose there might be a more plot-centric reason that Rhea Seehorn, of all people, was on the podcast this week, but it felt more like a Kim-is-awesome interview than any farewell kind of thing.
Given all or at least some of the final season may be Nebraska after BB, I think it's possible she leaves the timeline in some way - fleeing seems more likely than dying, but it's not impossible either way. When something gets billed as "much watch" then big guesses are made.
Liquid Wrench
Alternate possibility: we jump to 2007 and Jimmy gets his first iPhone.
TCTTS
AG
Jesse is probably still too young, and I feel like we would have heard rumblings of a Walt cameo by now (though maybe they've managed to keep it secret). If not a death, maybe Kim gets kidnapped by the cartel? Lalo dies? Something with Hank? Are any of those scenarios enough to warrant this chatter?
CoachRTM
AG
Jesse would really surprise me, unless they have old footage from Breaking Bad they can use. There's no way Aaron Paul could pull off a young teenager right now.

Walter having a cameo wouldn't surprise me that much, Cranston seems like the guy who would be down for it at anytime.

That being said, I imagine it's plot related, and I feel like it has to be one of the characters that's not in Breaking Bad. Nothing with Hank, Gus or Saul would really put us on the edge of our seats because we know it ends up ok in the long run. Nacho seems prime for a sticky situation coming up soon.

With Gilligan however, the only thing I'm sure of is that I have no idea what's going to happen.
redass89
First mention of "glass grade" hitting the streets?
TCTTS
AG
Just to dispel some of the Kim death "panic," below are the officialy-released descriptions for the remaining episodes this season, all currently being shown publicly on cable guides, internet listings, etc. No spoilers, just super vague plot hints and character mentions...

April 06 - 5.08 - Bagman
When a simple errand for a client goes sideways, Jimmy is pushed to the limit; Mike takes measures to contain the wrath of the cartel; Lalo gets an unexpected visitor.

April 13 - 5.09 - Bad Choice Road
In the wake of Jimmy's traumatic misadventure, Kim takes stock of what is important; Jimmy attempts to return to business as usual, but it's more difficult than anticipated; Gus and Mike set a plan in motion.

April 20 - 5.10 - Title TBA
Jimmy and Kim make a sideways move that takes a serious turn; Nacho gets closer to the cartel.
TCTTS
AG
In other words, my guess is that this coming Monday's episode is simply more of a stand-out episode quality/action-wise, rather than being a big plot shocker.
CyclingAg82
AG
TCTTS said:

In other words, my guess is that this coming Monday's episode is simply more of a stand-out episode quality/action-wise, rather than being a big plot shocker.
Thanks for the info, love this series and still am a huge fan of Breaking Bad.
Serious Lee
i remember when there was a movement on this site that posting developments from an episode preview constituted a spoiler. im glad that has passed.
fta09
AG
Stive
AG
Oh my....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.