Silicon Valley - Season 3

104,632 Views | 632 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PooDoo
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That rabbit that Gavin had in the boardroom was huge!
mavsfan4ever
AG
It was predictable but I liked the scene of Gavin and barker both taking their private planes to Jackson hole, then talking about how they want to meet up and deciding to play chess online while they are flying in their separate planes.
R0GUE
AG
You mean J-Hole?
cone
AG
mhayden
This has been my favorite part of S3 so far:

Complete Idiot
Agreed
Muy
AG
quote:
It was predictable but I liked the scene of Gavin and barker both taking their private planes to Jackson hole, then talking about how they want to meet up and deciding to play chess online while they are flying in their separate planes.

for a split second you thought that these 2 had become somewhat grounded through humility, but when the former PP CEO said they should play chess online from their separate planes, gold.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:

for a split second you thought that these 2 had become somewhat grounded through humility, but when the former PP CEO said they should play chess online from their separate planes, gold.
yeah, this scene shows how great this show is. There is no reason it should have worked and been anything more than an eyerolling "i saw that coming a mile away" moment. But even though I saw it coming from a mile away, it worked and was funny.

Professor Frick
AG
"Oh it's Jianyang, I better take this. Hello, yes I have frog legs, why?"
Professor Frick
AG
I got the sense, especially since it did little to advance the plot, that that private plane scene must have been a real SV anecdote that they wanted to shoehorn in anywhere they could.
Sentinel
AG
What an odd commercial.
tk for tu juan
Haha the sweat shop during the credits
Sentinel
AG
Oh boy Jared. This can't end well.
Satellite of Love
LIE!
Muy
AG
The table commercial tried to capture the essence of every stupid tech promo combined.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Terminator.....Im just sayin' every one died
aggietony2010
AG
I wonder if those click farmers were the same ones that TexAgs hired to vote for Swope.
double aught
AG
I just put together that the Asian guy on the Hooli board is Ping from Seinfeld.

MW03
AG
quote:
quote:
Is Monica's negative opinion of the beta a hint of something bad to come? If not, I'm not sure why they would bother with it.
Maybe they're setting up that the only people they invited to the beta, save Monica, were either other computer engineers or chicks saying whatever to get with Jared.

Nailed it.
Furlock Bones
AG
Man this show is just getting worse.
JAggie2007
AG
quote:
K
Ag97
AG
The first season was awesome. For the most part, this season has been a whole lot of filler. Nothing this season even comes close the Erlich's "you brought piss to a **** fight" scene or the whole, middle out, jack off scene.

Something about Richard is also bugging the crap out of me this season. It's almost like they've taken him from having a quirky personality to an annoying personality. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something is different about him .

This show is quickly fading from must watch to maybe I'll catch it if I don't have something better to do after GoT.
aggietony2010
AG
quote:
This show is quickly fading from must watch to maybe I'll catch it if I don't have something better to do after GoT.
Yeah, it kinda just bridges the gap to Veep the last few weeks. Nothing spectacular.
MW03
AG
quote:
Something about Richard is also bugging the crap out of me this season. It's almost like they've taken him from having a quirky personality to an annoying personality. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something is different about him .
[url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Flanderization][/url]
Flanderization - The act of taking a single (often minor) action or trait of a character within a work and exaggerating it more and more over time until it completely consumes the character. Most always, the trait/action becomes completely outlandish and it becomes their defining characteristic. Sitcoms and Sitcom characters are particularly susceptible to this, as are peripheral characters in shows with long runs.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Should have just let the black lady from the focus group do the tutorial or run an ad with her explaining the platform in layman's terms.
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
Should have just let the black lady from the focus group do the tutorial or run an ad with her explaining the platform in layman's terms.

That's what I thought they would do.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
The first season was awesome. For the most part, this season has been a whole lot of filler. Nothing this season even comes close the Erlich's "you brought piss to a **** fight" scene or the whole, middle out, jack off scene.

Nailed it
AggieChemist
AG
quote:
quote:

Nailed it
Piss to a **** fight was S2.
Tobias Funke
AG
quote:

SHUTUP DINESH!
98Ag99Grad
AG
I'm not sure if the show is getting worse, but for me, I'm ready for them to get over the hump and be successful. It's always one step forward, two steps back with them and that's frustrating. At least for me it is.
mazag08
AG
The show is getting worse because they can't duplicate the greatness of two of their funniest, most defining scenes? Get out of here. This season has been hilarious,, and mostly with stuff that isn't flashy on explaining itself to you.
Dr. Horrible
I'd almost rather see them completely fail at this point and have to start over. More startups fail than succeed, so making an assumption that pied piper is the exception rather than the rule should be faulty...
double aught
AG
quote:
The show is getting worse because they can't duplicate the greatness of two of their funniest, most defining scenes?
That is actually the definition of getting worse.

But I get your point.
k20dub
AG
quote:
I wonder if those click farmers were the same ones that TexAgs hired to vote for Swope.
Right after that scene, I explained what TexAgs did for Swope a few years ago and she didn't think I was serious.
Rudyjax
AG
And we still lost?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.