Silicon Valley - Season 3

104,621 Views | 632 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PooDoo
Muy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
"We worked here at Hooli. I invited you to my wedding."

"Why?!"
MW03
AG
quote:
Is Monica's negative opinion of the beta a hint of something bad to come? If not, I'm not sure why they would bother with it.
Maybe they're setting up that the only people they invited to the beta, save Monica, were either other computer engineers or chicks saying whatever to get with Jared.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
or chicks saying whatever to get with Jared.

Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
Haha holy crap Monica was wearing the "bad news" sweater again

One of my favorite things about SV is that Judge doesn't scream "Hey guys! Look! We're making a joke!" every time he tells one. He actually has confidence in the intelligence of his audience, which mean he'll slide in some subtle humor like this from time to time and then trust that we'll catch it.
double aught
AG
quote:
quote:

That gif.

Also, I'd like to see Russ return at some point. He's great in small doses.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

That gif.

Also, I'd like to see Russ return at some point. He's great in small doses.

Russ was f'ing awesome.
Objective Aggie
AG
https://posts.google.com/share/GvwdOSmM/CBeHno
Muy
AG
Dinesh fighting for people to invite to the Beta then go completely blank before he started writing names was hilarious. Gilfoyle then making bff with some guy he met at the coffee shop. He hates people and would only become friends with someone if it meant to hurt Dinesh.
Tobias Funke
AG
Remind me what the bad news sweater is
k20dub
AG
This was the best episode of this season so far, I'd say.
Btron
AG
quote:

Laurie told Monica that men receive bad news delivered by a female if she is poorly dressed and less attractive. She then recommends Monica wear the beige outfit from the day before.
DeangeloVickers
AG
All day today when someone asked for something I yelled, "NOT NOW Jin Yang!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I'm not in IT anymore, so no one knew what the hell I was talking about
AggieChemist
AG
quote:
quote:

Laurie told Monica that men receive bad news delivered by a female if she is poorly dressed and less attractive. She then recommends Monica wear the beige outfit from the day before.
Monica is so smoking hot she looks amazing in everything.
PooDoo
AG
So hot. She's like a cross of Molly Ringwald and Jennifer Love Hewitt.

AggieChemist
AG

Btron
AG
quote:
So hot. She's like a cross of Molly Ringwald and Jennifer Love Hewitt.

Good call.
I wish she had more "Jennifer love hewitt" if you know what I mean
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
quote:
I wish she had more "Jennifer love hewitt" if you know what I mean

lots of cellulite? she hasn't aged well.
k20dub
AG
Feffy

Centerpole90
AG
Ya, I'll be saving this one to soundtrack a short video of some time in the future.

Swarely
This show ****s.

BQ78
AG
Green PP! They need to see a doctor stat!
BassCowboy33
quote:
quote:
Not that Laurie owns more shares of Pied Piper, how is she going to screw them over? Gee, I can't wait to see what shenanigans play out and keep Richard from attaining his dream.
Sell them to Gavin because keeping them on the books would put an imbalance on their investment portfolio. Then Gavin gets a seat on the PP board.

I don't know if Laurie actually owns any more shares. If the preview for the next episode is any indication, it looks as if Erlich gave up his board seat for monetary compensation. Otherwise, why would he stage an elaborate Pied Piper photo shoot with himself on a unicorn? For Richard, the board seat is much more important than the shares.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
They never discussed wiping servers or deleting information. Hooli is a search engine, they can't delete information from other people's servers. Gavin and the Hooli engineers discussed getting rid of the negative information, and the engineers said it would be immoral for Hooli engineers to modify the search algorithm to hide negative results about Gavin, Hooli and Nucleus. Gavin says no Hooli engineers would be asked to modify the algorithm, they then ask the Nucleus engineers to bury the negative news by promoting positive news to the top by clicking through to those links after searching for certain keywords. Bighead comes across this information off screen.

This is as damaging to Hooli's reputation as them actually changing the Hooli algorithm, but doesn't leave evidence in the code so it's harder to discover, as long as someone doesn't break their NDA, thus forfeiting their severance package.

Future episode the news will break, they'll find out Bighead was the source and they'll attempt to recoup his severance, but it's going to turn out that he signed the severance paperwork with his legal name and the NDA as "Bighead". "That's funny, none of my signatures match. Look I signed this one as Bighead, that's definitely not gonna hold up." He'll get to keep his $20 million and will yet again be rich because of his stupidity.
Well this is looking pretty good at the moment.
BQ78
AG
quote:
Well this is looking pretty good at the moment

No it's not Bighead is already broke, except for two cannon balls.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I think Bachman sold his share to Raviga; and they will sell that share to... Gavin?
et98
AG
quote:
quote:
Well this is looking pretty good at the moment

No it's not Bighead is already broke, except for two cannon balls.

Since a large chunk of his money was stolen in a Ponzie scheme, I'm guessing that will somehow result in a windfall for Bighead. Maybe that financial advisor has millions socked away somewhere in secret that Bighead wins in a lawsuit. The writers could've simply had BH & Erlich squandering it all, but they didn't. The writers made that choice for a reason.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I think Bachman sold his share to Raviga; and they will sell that share to... Gavin?

Or simply because Bighead would owe them restitution of his severance deal - and he went into partnership with Bachman (remember the finance guy making a big deal about it being a partnership).....

Hooli/Gavin can go after Bachmans shares of Pied Piper.

Hooli will soon own Pied Piper shares and a seat on the board.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Ya, I'll be saving this one to soundtrack a short video of some time in the future.

Reminds me of the SW Force Commander music:

smokeythebear
AG
quote:
Why the F would Raviga sell shares to their direct competitors? That makes zero financial sense. Gavin would just go "show me how this works again?" and then take it to his own company. That would be suicide by Raviga.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:
Why the F would Raviga sell shares to their direct competitors? That makes zero financial sense. Gavin would just go "show me how this works again?" and then take it to his own company. That would be suicide by Raviga.

Back when we had our startup we got a few investments from established players in the market (I.e. competitors).
They were completely hands off but they did it as a way to hedge against the possibility that we (or someone else) might disrupt the market and to be first in line for an acquisition if we succeeded.

HeadGames
AG
BigHead will be rich again. I have a feeling in the shows final episode, Mike Judge will make the statement that dumb people are just as likely to strike it rich as hard working smart people.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
BigHead will be rich again. I have a feeling in the shows final episode, Mike Judge will make the statement that dumb people are just as likely to strike it rich as hard working smart people.
Reminds me of this scene
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Back when we had our startup we got a few investments from established players in the market (I.e. competitors).
They were completely hands off but they did it as a way to hedge against the possibility that we (or someone else) might disrupt the market and to be first in line for an acquisition if we succeeded.
Hmmm, that's pretty interesting. That being said, I don't really see the character of Gavin Belson going about this strategy with Pied Piper.
ORAggieFan
Larry Ellison gave money to Marc Benioff when Benioff left Oracle to start Salesforce.
double aught
AG
How do I imbed tweets?

https://twitter.com/SiliconHBO/status/741029443574042626?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.