***Dunkirk***

109,394 Views | 830 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 42799862
Donald Glover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.cultjer.com/christopher-nolans-next-film-reportedly-a-wwii-tale-set-in-france
AgHawkeye
AG
Sure it will be great but I'm kinda disappointed. Lots of people make really good WWII movies. Not many great directors willing to take on new, super creative projects. I'm sure he will make this unique though.
Mr. White
July 21, 2017
Donald Glover
AG
I was thinking the same
Simplebay
Bruce Almighty
AG
It would be a nice departure from his usual scifi/comic type movie. I've been getting bored with his style the last couple of movies so this could be a refreshing change of pace.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Sounds good to me. Operation Dynamo is one of the most head-scratching WTF moments of WWII, but also quite a dramatic story with the rescue of the AEF from mainland Europe.
Saxsoon
AG
Do we really need another WW2 film?
texags08
AG
quote:

And then there was Fury.

There are plenty of stories/angles that haven't been done since the 60's or at all.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
You could release a WWII movie every day for the rest of our lives, and not only would you not be able to cover all of the incredible stories that occurred in those years, but also there would be people (like my dad) who would pay to see every one.

That War has a deep connection with my entire family, I don't know if it's simply because my grandpa was in it, or the badass weapons that were created, the unbelievable battles that occurred, and probably the fact that we decisively won that war. Regardless, I love most anything that comes out about it.
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
Nobody's forcing you to watch it.
Simplebay
AG
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/chistopher-nolan-mark-rylance-movie-1201662561/

Boom
Bunk Moreland
well. The subject matter is such that Michael Caine will do great in his role as the wise old British man.
STUPENDOUS SPECTACULAR AG
quote:

No, we don't. I'm extremely disappointed Nolan is doing this. WW2 is way over done, regardless of the fact that there are countless old sentimental types who will still pay to see every movie about it. I wish Nolan would stick to scifi.
Bruce Almighty
AG
WWII is something that can never be overdone.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You had me at Christopher Nolan
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:

No, we don't. I'm extremely disappointed Nolan is doing this. WW2 is way over done, regardless of the fact that there are countless old sentimental types who will still pay to see every movie about it. I wish Nolan would stick to scifi.

Why? It's not like it's his last movie he's ever going to make. I'm sure that he is excited about tackling a new type of project, so why wouldn't this be just as good as the rest of his movies?
Bruce Almighty
AG
Those five WWII movies in the last decade. Talk about over saturation!
Ambres
AG
Nice.. this is an event that we don't really have a good movie. Due to the topic, I imagine most people didn't know how to tell the story well.. .. it was a slaughter and some how the German didn't press.. Britain had to make a decision .. evacuate the armies or watch them get slaughter.

A reverse D-day.. instead of invading .. the army is doing a mass evacuation and .. the funny thing.. it worked.
Bunk Moreland
Agree. New subject matter for anyone who isn't a ww2 buff but it's an extremely interesting moment in the war
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:
Nobody's forcing you to watch it.
I probably won't, I am just disappointed that Nolan isn't going to do something different because I won't be able to watch that either.
wheelz
AG
quote:

How about another vampire, werewolf, pirate, wizard or zombie movie? There haven't been enough of those.
PatAg
AG
I can never get enough of WW2 movies, and I like that a new story is being told. Just not sure how good a movie this subject material will make.

I'd really like to see someone go all out with a Pacific Theater movie/series, that is more detailed around the different naval battles.
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
I can never get enough of WW2 movies, and I like that a new story is being told. Just not sure how good a movie this subject material will make.

I'd really like to see someone go all out with a Pacific Theater movie/series, that is more detailed around the different naval battles.

I would love this. A USS Indianapolis movie is coming out next year but it has Nick Cage so I don't have high hopes.
schmendeler
AG
if it was about D-day, or pearl harbor, i'd tend to agree with the over-saturation sentiment. but this is a much less well known chapter. that said, i'd like to see something on ww1, too.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Is there a good movie illustrating how outclassed at first our planes were compared to the Japanese?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Excited about this. My wife's grandfather was evacuated at Dunkirk.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
There is no better era for human drama than ww2, imho.
Trident 88
AG
What we NEED is another WWI movie. I'm still trying to erase War Horse from my brain.
Silky Johnston
Saturated with WWII movies? What are all these movies that some of you speak of? Other than Fury, I can't think of many WWII movies that have come out in the last five years.
double aught
AG
Well in the last ten years you have:

Unbroken
Monuments Men
Red Tails
Miracle at St Anna
Flags of our Fathers
Letters from Iwo Jima

That's just off the top of my head. But I don't really think the subject can be overdone either.
FaceMask
quote:
Well in the last ten years you have:

Unbroken
Monuments Men
Red Tails
Miracle at St Anna
Flags of our Fathers
Letters from Iwo Jima

That's just off the top of my head. But I don't really think the subject can be overdone either.

None of those are particularly good..
Bruce Almighty
AG
On no! Less than one a year.
Murder Hornet
AG
quote:
What we NEED is another WWI movie. I'm still trying to erase War Horse from my brain.
War Horse sucked
Murder Hornet
AG
Don't we also have an Eighth Air Force mini series coming out soon on HBO?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.