***Dunkirk***

114,020 Views | 830 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 42799862
Simplebay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep. Got a Nolan boner.

This feels like it should be a change of pace for him but exactly like what we, and he, are looking for.
Simplebay
AG
Also you gotta figure this is his turn at an Academy Award nomination. Still can't believe he doesn't have a nom, much less a win.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Watching this scene on a giant IMAX screen, I'm not NOT going to be able to watch this guy, and this guy alone.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I cannot wait to see this movie.

That siren sound was the siren installed on German Ju87 Stuka dive bombers and was intended to strike fear into everyone in its path. Looks like Nolan has captured that perfectly.
hunter2012
AG
Just be glad they had all those extras and the pier was full. Unlike the football stadium in TDKR. That scene really bugs me now and kills my suspicion of disbelief. I have to tell myself they are the Baylor of the DC universe and hence the complete lack of a crowd.
Quad Dog
AG
Nobody knows how to do a teaser like Nolan. Just enough to get you hyped
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Question for the eboard: does Nolan always use the same guy for his music? It's always pretty fantastic.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Question for the eboard: does Nolan always use the same guy for his music? It's always pretty fantastic.

Hans Zimmer
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Thanks, I knew he had done Interstellar, but I wasn't sure about the rest. Sorry if it was a dumb question.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well that was disappointing.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Well that was disappointing.

The trailer or that shi**y DC movie?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Saw that joke coming before I even posted.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:

Gotta love a guy willing to play the straight man.
boogieman
AG
No trailer at the digital imax for suicide squad.
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
What movie was it that had that long one shot scene of the beaches at Dunkirk?

Atonement. Amazing shot, great movie.
I haven't seen that movie in a long time, but that has to be one of my favorite shots in cinema. Its up there with the Children of Men shot.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
quote:
Count me in the group that would rather have a WW! movie. That era is just not told much at all in media, and history books do a very meh job of attempting to teach it.
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History Blueprint for Armageddon podcast series is an excellent source for WWI info. Highly recommend it, if you haven't already listened to it.

http://www.dancarlin.com/hardcore-history-series/

Started listening to this Podcast series a week or 2 ago. Cannot recommend it enough. Heard two standalone episodes before the WWI series. All have been great so far.
schmendeler
AG
I highly recommend the wrath of the khans.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
I highly recommend the wrath of the khans.

Will check them out, thanks! He's mad a few references to the Khan podcasts in be episodes I've binge listenered to.

Prophets of Doom
The American Peril
Blueprint for Armageddon Parts I & II
schmendeler
AG
Prophets of doom was a great "short" listen.

American peril was also good. I loved the description of teddy Roosevelt.
The Collective
AG
quote:

Have to take they alley oops when they are thrown
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
No official word yet, but I'm assuming this trailer will hit sometime in the next six to seven weeks or so.
FancyKetchup14
AG
TCTTS said:

No official word yet, but I'm assuming this trailer will hit sometime in the next six to seven weeks or so.
Damn I was reading this and really hoping for 'six to seven days or so'
TCTTS
AG
I mean, it could be any day. Probably not this week, but possibly with Arrival next weekend or Fantastic Beasts the week after (another WB movie), all the way up until Christmas or so. My money would be with Rogue One, though, on December 16. That Instagram post was literally the first word about it, so no one really knows for sure, only that we'll see it before the end of the year.
Madmarttigan
AG
Im always on board with new Zimmer music even if the movie isn't so great. I love that man.
BassCowboy33
TCTTS said:

I mean, it could be any day. Probably not this week, but possibly with Arrival next weekend or Fantastic Beasts the week after (another WB movie), all the way up until Christmas or so. My money would be with Rogue One, though, on December 16. That Instagram post was literally the first word about it, so no one really knows for sure, only that we'll see it before the end of the year.

Nolan is notoriously secretive in his filming. its refreshing to not know absolutely everyrhing about films before they come out.
DE4D
AG
AgHawkeye said:

Sure it will be great but I'm kinda disappointed. Lots of people make really good WWII movies. Not many great directors willing to take on new, super creative projects. I'm sure he will make this unique though.

So many untapped aspects of w2.

But your right. Lets see modern Korea, 1812, spanish-american
TCTTS
AG
Madmarttigan
AG
Can't wait to listen to it
TCTTS
AG
https://trailer-track.com/2016/12/05/report-7-minute-imax-prologue-for-christopher-nolans-dunkirk-debuting-with-rogue-one/
Malachi Constant
AG
TC, do you think the theaters with IMAX 2D will expand for Rogue One? I can't stand 3D, and if I could watch Rogue One in 2D IMAX with 7 minutes of Dunkirk before I'd be a happy camper....
TCTTS
AG
I read something that they might expand, but no one really knows. I feel like at this point plans are likely set, though. But same as you, I hate 3D and have already bought tickets opening weekend for a regular, non-IMAX 2D showing.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Btw, I basically take this to mean the trailer. Same as with TDK and TDKR, the opening sequences were only shown in IMAX 2D screenings, and not online, but then the trailers debuted everywhere, including online. I hope Rogue One is damn good, because it looks like I'm going to have to see it a second time - this time in IMAX 2D - to see this sequence.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.