*****Better Call Saul - Season 1*******

199,806 Views | 1346 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Know Your Enemy
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What did jimmys brother say during the preview for the next episode about over charging leads to what?
Mr.Bond
AG
Only 3 episodes left
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
You would think that... until he answers his phone at the end...

He's still good guy Saul for a while. Also Mike again shows he is a man of his word and lives on principle.
PatriotAg02
AG
Yep. He's just about done with the whole "doing the right thing".....it's not getting him anywhere....
Tobias Funke
AG
The Mike/money scene was so well done and brilliant.

Was the guy who bumped into Jimmy in the bathroom one of the Wanted posters guys?
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
quote:
What did jimmys brother say during the preview for the next episode about over charging leads to what?

I think he told him that he may have a case on the overcharging and to try it in court.
mazzag
AG
Fraud
Tobias Funke
AG
I believe he called it fraud... As in, "you have a case"
Mr.Bond
AG
Sorry for my ignorance but who was overcharging? Jimmy to the elders?
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
quote:
Sorry for my ignorance but who was overcharging? Jimmy to the elders?

It looked to me like one of Jimmy's clients was being overcharged by some service provider. If I had to guess Jimmy's brother went through the stack of documents Jimmy left at his place. Jimmy seemed to leave them there on purpose as well. Knowing he'd go through them.
Mr.Bond
BioAg08
AG
Really enjoyed this episode, yet again. The scene with Mike and the money was fantastic. I also really enjoy the dynamic between Kim and Jimmy.

The only character I'm not wild about so far is Howard (?) Hamlin. I know he's kind of the antagonist type but I just don't have a good feel for who this guy is supposed to be. Small complaint though, I am truly enjoying this show. It is really hitting its stride.

I was scouring those Wanted posters for a BB Easter egg, but didn't see anything...
Kashchei
AG
I love this show!
oragator
The show has so much more depth with Mike.
i know it's heresy because everything Gilligan touches is perfect, but part of me wonders what a show based on Mike could have done.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
Was the guy who bumped into Jimmy in the bathroom one of the Wanted posters guys?
I thought the same thing
MosesHallEnforcer
AG
I absolutely love this show!!!! Amazing television. I lost it when Mike said his fate was up to someone else, referring to his DiL, and jimmy said please don't say Hamlin Hamlin and McGill.

I love the subtle humor that somewhat comes out of nowhere.
TX AG 88
AG
quote:
may have been.

I thought the opening shot was hilarious. Wanted poster "should be considered armed and dangerous". pan down, wanted poster "should be considered armed and dangerous". pan down more, another wanted poster "should be considered armed and dangerous". pan down more... slippin' Jimmy!
TX AG 88
AG
quote:
I absolutely love this show!!!! Amazing television. I lost it when Mike said his fate was up to someone else, referring to his DiL, and jimmy said please don't say Hamlin Hamlin and McGill.

I love the subtle humor that somewhat comes out of nowhere.
that was good too, forgot that part!
Knut
AG
quote:
quote:
I thought the same thing

Yeah. Last guy they show before zooming in on Saul.
Tobias Funke
AG
What was brilliant about that opening scene was that Gilligan extended the dialogue and framed it just so we would have a chance to study every single Wanted poster and finally realize they had nothing to do with BB
Cromagnum
AG
I'm about tired of the Kettlemans. Mrs. Dumbarse needs a throat punch badly.
Mr.Bond
AG
I knew I recognized Mrs Kettleman. She played a small role in the movie "hitch" with will smith and Kevin James
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:

Good catch.
Texaggie7nine
The "hey there" moment was awesome.
7nine
saltyoldguy
AG
The way Gilligan draws you into these characters is phenomenal....we know what Mike and Saul turned into in BB, but now that we know what MADE Mike and Saul its even better. The ethical dilemas, the murders, trying to do (air quotes) the right thing... I feel compassion for both characters, especially Jimmy in the
not-to-be office space.

Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Jimmy is really honing his Saul persona with his discussions with the Kettlemans. He was trying so hard to be diplomatic and finally lost it. Love it when he gives it straight back to the client to put them in their place for the mess they developed for themselves. Funny as hell when he told her she would be going down too and would run her own gang in prison.
aTmAg
AG
quote:
I don't remember what you are referencing.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
quote:
I don't remember what you are referencing.
When Saul said "hey there" or "hi there" to Kim on the phone while in the bathroom and the dude peeing turns around.
7nine
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
Next week will be the beginning of the end for Jimmy.

So far, we've seen him try to do things "the right way" (despite his natural inclinations) mainly out of respect for the grace his brother showed him. Jimmy has passed up several lucrative opportunities in order to maintain his moral integrity.

Now, we will see Jimmy presented with a legitimate fraud case with opportunity to maintain his morals while making money. However, the utilitiy provider (or whoever) will win by lying and cheating little old granny.

After this Jimmy will decide that "doing the right thing" doesn't pay. He's missed chances to get rich by helping Nacho & the Kettlemans. He's been screwed over and cheated by both HHM and utility provider. The rules will go out the window and the transformation into Saul will be complete.
dave94
AG
quote:
quote:

So far, we've seen him try to do things "the right way" (despite his natural inclinations) mainly out of respect for the grace his brother showed him. Jimmy has passed up several lucrative opportunities in order to maintain his moral integrity.

Now, we will see Jimmy presented with a legitimate fraud case with opportunity to maintain his morals while making money. However, the utilitiy provider (or whoever) will win by lying and cheating little old granny.

After this Jimmy will decide that "doing the right thing" doesn't pay. He's missed chances to get rich by helping Nacho & the Kettlemans. He's been screwed over and cheated by both HHM and utility provider. The rules will go out the window and the transformation into Saul will be complete.
Wait, if whomever is committing fraud against one of his elderly clients, how is it a moral struggle? He represents the client to try and win a claim, so where's the opportunity to go down the wrong path?

Obviously we have no idea of what the actual details of the case are from the preview.

EDIT: Ohhhhhh, you're saying he'll do everything by the book but will still lose. Nm.
MW03
AG
Anyone know how many seasons they are hoping to run?
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:
Anyone know how many seasons they are hoping to run?

Completely assuming around 5/6
saltyoldguy
AG
quote:
quote:

Great synopsis and prediction
hurleyag
AG
quote:
You would think that... until he answers his phone at the end...

I was half expecting Nacho to be on the other end of the line.
Murder Hornet
AG
Did anyone else catch the caterpillar weaving a cocoon as Jimmy pulls up to Chuck's house. Jimmy then definitely acted more Saul like using Mike to break in and steal the cash

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.