*****Better Call Saul - Season 1*******

199,732 Views | 1346 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Know Your Enemy
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Agree with aTmAg's theory.

And Alpine's follow up

She will turn against Saul to make partner & firm will get the case. Does Saul even have any clients signed up yet?
Tobias Funke
AG
Sure he does. He got two mall walkers!
CheeseSndwch
I am not sure if this has been posted yet but The Legal Ethics of Better Call Saul is a pretty fun read.
Furlock Bones
AG
watched last night. what a great episode.
mavsfan4ever
AG
The daughter in law is definitely taking advantage of mike and trying to make him feel guilty. They way she said "of course it's just a drop in the bucket" was calculated to make mike feel like he should get her more money. She said it in a manipulative/cold way, not in a depressed/normal tone.
Mr.Bond
AG
How much money was in that suitcase? 10k? What a greedy *****. It's freaking new Mexico not Philly. Cost of living is much cheaper.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
The daughter in law is definitely taking advantage of mike and trying to make him feel guilty. They way she said "of course it's just a drop in the bucket" was calculated to make mike feel like he should get her more money. She said it in a manipulative/cold way, not in a depressed/normal tone.
agreed. she's definitely working him now.
COOL LASER FALCON
I didn't get the impression that she was working him over, but if you flash ahead to BB, Mike is giving all of his money to the granddaughter and not his DIL. So it's not hard to see them having a falling out.
S.A.Aggie2006
AG
Stupid question but why did Saul have to go into hiding? He was Walter's lawyer and there was no damning proof that he helped launder money.
Mr.Bond
AG

Saul Goodman was Mike Ehrmentraut's attorney, Jesse Pinkman's attorney and Walter White's attorney. He knew that the DEA would come looking for him regarding what he knew about Walt's Blue Meth empire especially knowledge about the money and the murders connected to it. Saul Goodman knew that Hewell and Kuby had gone missing so he knew that someone was either coming after those people connected with Walt to arrest them or coming after them to kill them before they could talk. He knew that Walt was involved in an international drug ring and had ties to Neo-Nazi hitmen and he didn't want to stick around long enough to find out if they wanted to have a word with him. Jesse had disappeared and he knew everything. After Hank died, Saul knew that the DEA was going to be coming at Walt with everything they have. He's a lawyer - he did the math. IF he gave up everything he knew about Walt and cut a deal with the DEA, he would still never be safe from Lydia, the Neo-Nazis or Walt himself. Whereas if he leaves town, he doesn't have to cut a deal with anybody and he can probably stay alive. Anybody else who found himself in Saul Goodman's shoes would have done exactly the same thing.

From yahoo
Texas 1836
AG
quote:

he would still never be safe from Lydia, the Neo-Nazis or Walt himself. Whereas if he leaves town, he doesn't have to cut a deal with anybody and he can probably stay alive. Anybody else who found himself in Saul Goodman's shoes would have done exactly the same thing.

Did Saul skip town before Walt's return from exile? I don't remember.

Because Walt took out everybody, including himself.

Seems like he left when Walt did ... but I've slept since then.
Texaggie7nine
They should have Walt find a time machine and travel back to BCS and start making meth and join up with Jesse and get back into the meth making empire.
7nine
aggiesq
AG
quote:
quote:

he would still never be safe from Lydia, the Neo-Nazis or Walt himself. Whereas if he leaves town, he doesn't have to cut a deal with anybody and he can probably stay alive. Anybody else who found himself in Saul Goodman's shoes would have done exactly the same thing.
Did Saul skip town before Walt's return from exile? I don't remember.

Because Walt took out everybody, including himself.

Seems like he left when Walt did ... but I've slept since then.
they were in vacuum cleaner repair guy's basement together, but saul left first. remember walt trying to threaten him to get him to help find hitmen to go after the nazis?
ellebee
quote:

That's the impression I got when she said it.
Mr.Bond
AG
They left at same time. Both were in the exile room ready to leave at same time
MW03
AG
I really hope they don't rush into making him Saul Goodman and turn this show into 5 seasons of "Saul Goodman meets crazy client gets out of crazy jam" formula. I'm really enjoying the slow burn of Jimmy trying to do things the right way and getting only slightly gray.

I do think ultimately the only thing that's going to make him change his name is the conduct of his brother.
Texas 1836
AG
quote:
quote:

they were in vacuum cleaner repair guy's basement together, but saul left first. remember walt trying to threaten him to get him to help find hitmen to go after the nazis?
Ahh, yes. Thanks
Texas 1836
AG
quote:
I had forgotten about the exile room.
AgGrad99
AG

nvm
hurleyag
AG
quote:
Does Saul even have any clients signed up yet?
I was thinking the same thing until, like Tobias Funke pointed out, he said he signed up two more mall walkers.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Walt was already at the vacuum repair guy's place when Saul showed up.
saltyoldguy
AG
quote:
Walt was already at the vacuum repair guy's place when Saul showed up.
This is correct, because Saul asked vacuum cleaner guy how Walt was doing and then pointed to a closed circuit TV that showed Walt pacing back and forth talking to himself
PatAg
AG
Has there been anything to indicate this will run 3-5 seasons, much less more than 1?
Post removed:
by user
91_Aggie
AG
That fifth episode was supposed to be called Jello
91_Aggie
AG
quote:
That fifth episode was supposed to be called Jello
And there's other songs with Alpine Shepherd boy that don't have extra title parts like :"The Lament of"

https://books.google.com/books?id=3Fg5AQAAMAAJ&pg=PA12&lpg=PA12&dq=Alpine+shepherd+boy&source=bl&ots=v0-4CyJXaQ&sig=DEnTKtxEgDpMPX25SXpht_4CAQc&hl=en&sa=X&ei=cPwSVbXsFtDTgwTVkILoBQ&ved=0CFQQ6AEwCTjyAQ#v=onepage&q=Alpine%20shepherd%20boy&f=false
dave94
AG
quote:

I think Walt was still going to be staying a few more days when Saul was leaving, per Robert Forster's character.
gomerschlep
AG
quote:
I really hope they don't rush into making him Saul Goodman and turn this show into 5 seasons of "Saul Goodman meets crazy client gets out of crazy jam" formula. I'm really enjoying the slow burn of Jimmy trying to do things the right way and getting only slightly gray.

+1
AgKJ
AG
Just watched the last episode. Geez, as smart as all these lawyers suppoesdly are (Charles, Kim & Jimmy), you'd think that they wouldn't have been so dumb a to carelessly use an HHM code on some of their work. Wouldn't it dawn on them that now HHM is going to be able to assert that this case is THEIRS as it is being worked by one of THEIR lawyers? Incredibly stupid.

BMX Bandit
Paying for printing isn't an argument that the case belongs to HHM unless chuck makes that argument. Which I think he will do. I don't think its dumb Saul isn't predicting his brother will stab him in the back
Burdizzo
AG
It's not just the printing. Kim took direction from Chuck through Jimmy to do it. It could be argued that Kim now has billable time to the case. Chuck has it in his partnership to do special cases on his own. Kim is not a partner and has no such agreement.
Post removed:
by user
Phil Miller
I feel bad for Jimmy that when he tries to do the right thing he's going to get screwed over by his own brother.

Also what is the relationship with Kim, ex - girlfriend?
GreasenUSA
AG
quote:
Also what is the relationship with Kim, ex - girlfriend?
I think we just saw as far back to the beginning of their history together as we've ever seen. They started in the mail room together at HHM.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, i wasn't sure of her role then. It seemed like she could have just been the scut work newbie lawyer whose "office" was basically a broom closet.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.