*****Better Call Saul - Season 1*******

199,729 Views | 1346 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Know Your Enemy
FormerLefty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
My question is what brought her to ABQ? Parents live there? Probably not important, just curious.
it was obviously for the high quality meth
aTmAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
My question is what brought her to ABQ? Parents live there? Probably not important, just curious.
The fact that BB was filmed there because Hollywood and California, in general, is too expensive. (forgot the wink)
I think he meant why did the daughter in law move there in the show, not so much why it was filmed there.
I was joking. Thus the wink comment.
hurleyag
AG
quote:
quote:
Walt isn't cooking yet so she is going to have to settle for meth that is laced with chili powder.
FormerLefty
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Walt isn't cooking yet so she is going to have to settle for meth that is laced with chili powder.

The craft meth culture in ABQ was just beginning to boom back in '02.

Source: me, born and raised New Mexican.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
THE CAPN
AgPediRPh
AG
quote:
Johnathan F'n Banks! Wow!

Yep. I think we'll be seeing that confession clip when Emmys are being nominated
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
quote:
I wonder if mike really didn't have a drinking problem at all and it was just part of his plan. I can see him setting this plan up well in advance.

I thought he did have a problem, mentioned to the 2 Philly detectives and alluded to by his D-I-L during one of the talks. I think Mike just figured it out that it could finally help him in his alibi.
et98
AG
quote:
Trying to figure out where I recognize the mike's daughter-in-law from.
I saw on IMDB that she also played the crazy chick in the woods that Rick stumbled upon in The Walking Dead.
PatriotAg02
AG
Mike has always been my favorite character from the BB/BCS universe. After that episode filling in his backstory..........wow. You really can see why Mike got to be so cold and emotionless. After losing his son like that..........it all makes sense.

And whoever said there's a parallel between his story and Walter's is correct. Both had family issues stemmed from bad decisions/actions. Mike probably did see a lot of him and his decision making in what Walt was doing.

This show has just been kicked up a few notches.
Malachi Constant
AG
This was a turning point for this show. As much comedy we've had, this episode was an indication that this will be a dramatic series at its heart...
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
It sort of fills in why Mike was so hard on Walt, he saw him as having plenty to take care of his family and didn't need to push it any farther, but Walt wanted to build it as his empire. Very cool how that is spliced together now.
Texas 1836
AG
quote:
It sort of fills in why Mike was so hard on Walt, he saw him as having plenty to take care of his family and didn't need to push it any farther, but Walt wanted to build it as his empire. Very cool how that is spliced together now.
I can't remember ... did Mike know Walt was about to die??
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yes
aggiesq
AG
Mike was awesome in BB and it's great to hear about Philly. Even Hank and Gommy grilled him about it a bit.
And the granddaughter always had the same last name as Mike. Remember the offshore money? I never understood why everyone thought that woman was his daughter, just figured I missed something about her being unmarried since Kayleigh has mikes last name

Now let's see some of one of my other favorites from BB - vacuum cleaner repair guy !

Texaggie7nine
Notice mike had his ready to go bag when he got to ABQ
7nine
Phil Miller
I wonder how we meet Gus. I also wonder how many episodes will exclude Saul for the most part.
JD Shellnut
AG
No. I look like a young Paul Newman dressed as Matlock.
AggieDave02
AG
quote:
quote:
Trying to figure out where I recognize the mike's daughter-in-law from.
I saw on IMDB that she also played the crazy chick in the woods that Rick stumbled upon in The Walking Dead.

She was also Octavia in Rome.
InternetFan02
AG
quote:
ays were lead to believe Mike was disgusted with Walt because he was a novice at the game or over-emotional. Now it appears Mike was just dealing with watching Walt make the same mistake he made. Namely skirting the law to "help" his family. In both cases it destroyed any respect their sons (who both idolized their dads) had for them and cost them their family.
This sounds good in theory but I'm not buying it. I don't think Mike ever respected Walt enough to care about that. Mike respected Gus.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Re-watching last week's episode right now so I'll be all clear in the timeline for tonight's show.
JD Shellnut
AG
It's time!
Mr.Bond
AG
Kashchei
AG
"Some rocks you just don't turn over."
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
This is about to get interesting
Mr.Bond
AG
Yessir
Mr.Bond
Mr.Bond
AG
Ho Lee ****
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Love it.
JAggie2007
AG
Mike doing Mike things.
Muy
AG
Great episode, but hope it's not a sign that I should have watched Breaking Bad.
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
Great episode, but hope it's not a sign that I should have watched Breaking Bad.

Why in God's name have you not watched BB?
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
quote:

T&P Muy.

Just promise you'll watch it...
Mr.Bond
AG
We are starting to see jimmys breaking point being hit
Burdizzo
AG
Another very, very, good episode.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Such a great ****ing show.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.