Entertainment Board confessions

46,056 Views | 373 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ulrich
MW03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think Bohemian Rhapsody is close to a perfect rock song.

My first concert was Erasure for the Wild! tour. My older sister took me. I was about 10 years old. My second concert ever was Garth Brooks at Texas Stadium. I was 12 or 13, I think.

I love I Love Lucy. I've seen every episode several times and it still makes me laugh.

I used to give my wife a hard time about watching Laguna Beach (and the Hills), yet I made sure I was conveniently on the couch whenever she was watching an episode.

I believe firmly that Homer Simpson is the greatest character in television history. I would be hard-pressed to come up with a close contender.

I've seen Demolition Man countless times. It's the ultimate stop down movie for me. That and My Cousin Vinny.

I still know all the words to every song from The Little Mermaid and Aladdin.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
8. Think 2001: A Space Odyssey the most overrated movie of all time. Dull isn't deep. Think Stanley Kubrick is a misanthrope with one great movie, Dr. Strangelove and one good movie, Full Metal Jacket.
quote:
10. Love Science Fiction movies
I don't get this.
MW03
AG
quote:
quote:
My Pixar post was deleted????? What a bunch of Nancies.

http://texags.com/forums/25/topics/2585720/last

That is so great
bagger05
AG
I've only been to a couple of rock concerts in my entire life. They are simply not my thing.
zap
AG
"Fat Bottomed Girls" never gets old

Plus, "Vanderpump Rules" is an awesome show.
boy09
AG
quote:
quote:
  • I've never seen The Shawshank Redemption, The English Patient, Shakespeare In Love, Gone With the Wind, Casablanca, Wizard of Oz, or Citizen Kane.

Honestly I can easily see how someone has never seen most of those movies, but I think it is weird that you've never seen The Wizard of Oz or The Shawshank Redemption (not meaning that it's wrong but it is odd).

Seems like I remember The Shawshank Redemption being on television a TON and The Wizard of Oz gets played on TV about once a year. I'd figure most people would've seen those by accident at one point or another.
I had never watched the Shawshank Redemption until about a year ago. It was well worth it to finally watch it.

Now that i've seen it, I realize how often it is shown on TV. Never noticed before I had seen it.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I have almost every episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 burned onto discs that I keep in a binder at my work. Whenever I need something going while I'm working, I'll put in an episode.

I've seen every episode dozens of times. I've been watching them since I had them on VHS tapes back in the early 90's.

I also have almost 300 Rifftrax files (short films and feature films) that I've accumulated and I mix them in with my MST3K episodes. I've had more than one co-worker ask me "why the hell are you watching 'Twilight'???" I have to hand over my head phones and let them listen so they know that I'm actually watching the Rifftrax version.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
I have almost every episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 burned onto discs that I keep in a binder at my work. Whenever I need something going while I'm working, I'll put in an episode.

I've seen every episode dozens of times.

I also have almost 300 Rifftrax files (short films and feature films) that I've accumulated and I mix them in with my MST3K episodes. I've had more than one co-worker ask me "why the hell are you watching 'Twilight'???" I have to hand over my head phones and let them listen so they know that I'm actually watching the Rifftrax version.

I've got a confession. That show isn't funny... at all.
Mr. White
You're ******* crazy.
chipotle
quote:
"Fat Bottomed Girls" never gets old

This song is a masterpiece. Perfect intro. Perfect chorus. Perfect ending. But all we ever hear from queen is we will rock you, we are the champions and bohemian rhapsody. Then the radio version cuts off a majority of the intro guitar riff. It's tragic really.
swimmerbabe11
I love Ke$ha and its a go to for karaoke.

I hate The Beatles.

I don't like the Let it Go song. I only hear the goat version when it is played.

Torchwood was more enjoyable than Doctor Who has been so far.

Bruce Willis is unspeakably hot.

It took my boyfriend promising to cook or buy me 15 steak dinners for me to get through every episode of Breaking Bad. I'm not sure it was worth it. I have never rooted for a character to die so hard. When skyler had the knife on him I was screaming at the tv hoping she was the one putting him out.

On that note, I am SO over the whole anti-hero thing. Killing a bajillion people as collateral damage because your family is in danger isn't an excuse. Poisoning a kid is still a ******-y move no matter what the motive. Moral relativity is annoying.

When I am depressed, I watch the 2003 version of Peter Pan as comfort food. I thought Jeremy Sumpter was so hot back then. The drawer scene gives me dusty eyes.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-y2nstm7mhbb2J/peter_pan_2003_mrs_darling_leaves_to_a_party/

The Peter Pan story beats out any other fictinoal world for me. LOTR, Narnia, Aladdin, nothing for me holds the same simplistic realization of all the struggles that life includes like Peter Pan.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
quote:

I've seen every episode dozens of times.

I've got a confession. That show isn't funny... at all.

I laughed at a lot of their jokes when I was a kid.

When I have come across it on TV as an adult and watched some I barely laugh at all, if any.
7nine
boy09
AG
quote:
Haven't watched Torchwood, but I really enjoy Doctor Who. How far into Doctor Who are you?
Texaggie7nine
I tried Dr Who, current and past manifestations. I just cannot take a science fiction show seriously that is so proud of corny ass production. Unless its a pure comedy like red dwarf.
7nine
2ndGen87
AG
I have seen every Rockford Files at least a dozen times. Best TV show ever.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
I liked Waterworld.
zap
AG
I forgot about Rihanna. My infatuation knows no bounds...

swimmerbabe11
quote:
quote:
Haven't watched Torchwood, but I really enjoy Doctor Who. How far into Doctor Who are you?
Just finished Journey's End. Started at the nwe ones with Eccleston (who I like as much as Tennant)
oragator
Yeah, let me add that to me Breaking Bad is the most overrated show ever (I am currently midway through season 4 and have taken a break, not sure if I will go back).
This has a 9.6 on IMDB last time I looked, which is higher than any tv show or movie I have ever seen on there. It's a good show but the character development is far below many other shows, the episodes vary from amazing ( season 3 finale and season 4 premier) to just downright awful (season 4 when he buys his son the mustang and Skyker goes to four corners). Brian Cranston doesn't seem like he has enough gravitas for the part half the time. Skyler has exactly one speed (pouty), her sis has 2 speeds (annoying or klepto), his BIL has 2 speeds (angry and bitter or life of the party). The son has one speed.
Saul is great as are Mike and Gus, and Jessie probably has the most depth of anyone there. They do have some amazing cinematography and some unique storylines...
But overall. I can't for the life of me understand the near deification of this show.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Brian Cranston doesn't seem like he has enough gravitas for the part half the time.
Four Emmys (and Anthony Hopkins) disagree with you.

I don't know how you can watch scenes like the end of Crawl Space and not be blown away.
Aust Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
4. I have never seen the Godfather either and never plan too. Same goes for Scarface, Citizen Kane, Gone with the Wind.
One of these things is not like the other...

I have never read To Kill a Mockingbird and never plan to. Same goes for Fifty Shades of Grey, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The Great Gatsby.
I used to catch a lot of crap for not having seen Scarface so I threw it in there
I posted that I had never seen A Christmas Story, but I didn't say I "never plan to". I felt a little bad that I haven't. You on the other hand, seem to want to go out of the way to see these classics. That I don't get. To me, that's like saying you have never heard the Stones or the Beatles and never plan to. Why?
oragator
quote:
quote:
Brian Cranston doesn't seem like he has enough gravitas for the part half the time.
Four Emmys (and Anthony Hopkins) disagree with you.

I don't know how you can watch scenes like the end of Crawl Space and not be blown away.

Like I said the episodes are hit or miss and I completely agree that there are momentsof brilliance, but for whatever reason I just don't see what others see in this show, or him. I am aware of how he is viewed, just will never quite get it.
20ag07
quote:
Yeah, let me add that to me Breaking Bad is the most overrated show ever (I am currently midway through season 4 and have taken a break, not sure if I will go back).
You also called the godawful rape episode of the Newsroom "the best of the whole series" , so your tastes seem a bit misaligned.
SF2004
AG
A lot of uppity snobs in here.

Here let me summarize

1. I am ashamed to like this movie because the unwashed masses like it.
2. I am going with the theme thread and say that I like something the unwashed masses like. Which is probably true for most people they just don't want to admit it.
3. Said show got really popular so now I have to hate on it.

Lastly, one all the own.

quote:
Big Bang Theory. I lose a lot of respect for people when I find out that they like this show.

This has got to be the most egotistical self-import comment on here. You must be so above people.
Fenrir
quote:
Torchwood got worse every season. Wanted it to be so good.

The last season started out so promising and just fell on its face.
chipotle
I like Big Bang Theory. Granted everything has been terrible this season but for the most part the reruns they show around 6-630 on fox are pretty enjoyable.
oragator
Not sure why you feel the need for a post like this in a thread with this tenor. But that episode of the newsroom is still the highest rated episode of the series on imdb, so not sure where I am misaligned there.
Not going to derail the thread with an argument though.
boy09
AG
quote:
I like Big Bang Theory. Granted everything has been terrible this season but for the most part the reruns they show around 6-630 on fox are pretty enjoyable.
I'm not proud of it, but I like BBT also....
NC2001
AG
  • I enjoy watching the Step Up movies
  • I think Daniel Craig is a better James Bond (Sean Connery is a very close second)
  • I prefer to listen to the oldies (50's/60's/70's/80's) music instead of the crap on the radio today
  • I wish someone would remake Sphere and The Andromeda Strain into the movies that they are worthy of becoming (the current movies/tv series suck)
  • I enjoy watching Curious George, Dinosaur Train, Yo Gabba Gabba and other kid shows with my son (they have some catchy tunes)
  • If the Shawshank Redemption is on tv, I have to watch it
  • The Man from U.N.C.L.E. was an awesome tv show
  • ***** Galore is the best character name ever
NC2001
AG
double post
NC2001
AG
triple post
NC2001
AG
quadruple post
NC2001
AG
quintuple post...wtf happened here? I only clicked on the SAVE button once...
Sex Panther
AG
lol, took Shark all of 4 minutes to come and defend Breaking Bad's honor
Sex Panther
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.