Entertainment Board confessions

45,878 Views | 373 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ulrich
Human
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think people that own dozens of DVDs are losers.

I told my daughters that you can tell how much of a loser a young man is by how much he spends his time "gaming".

If Hollywood never made another movie I'd be ok with it. Yet, I seriously believe some of y'all would commit suicide.

Therefore, I think most of the posters on the E board are losers and I love trolling you guys.

Tool is a terrible band.

I'm so sick of Led Zeppelin, except for Kashmir.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Carrie Anne Moss. I agree.

Keanu Reeves, I like him too swimmer. He gets a bad rap.

Under Seige is an awesome movie.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
quote:
It's nothing to do with sexism and everything to do with passive aggressive manipulative BS that she pulled.

Unless you are gonna claim that only women can do that, then I don't see it as sexist.

So a sociopath consistently bullies, then rapes, then holds his wife hostage in her own home, and somehow she is to blame?
Disgusting. She was the bravest character on the show and it wasn't close. Her sister was the next.

As wrong as what Walt did, in his twisted mind he was still doing it all for his family, including Skylar. Skylar ,on the other hand, looked for love elsewhere, was hateful, vindictive, and manipulative with no regard for Walt.

If it were flipped then people would hate Walt just as much.
7nine
AggieHank86
AG
I like soma and electromagnetic golf.
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
4. I have never seen the Godfather either and never plan too. Same goes for Scarface, Citizen Kane, Gone with the Wind.
One of these things is not like the other...

I have never read To Kill a Mockingbird and never plan to. Same goes for Fifty Shades of Grey, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The Great Gatsby.
I used to catch a lot of crap for not having seen Scarface so I threw it in there
I posted that I had never seen A Christmas Story, but I didn't say I "never plan to". I felt a little bad that I haven't. You on the other hand, seem to want to go out of the way to see these classics. That I don't get. To me, that's like saying you have never heard the Stones or the Beatles and never plan to. Why?

I guess by saying I don't plan to, I simply mean I'm not going to go out and buy it just to see it. I was never interested in the movies. This wasn't to mean that I'd get up and walk out if it was one. Granted, I've seen parts of GWTW from my childhood because my parents used to watch it. Didn't mean to make it sound like I'm just trying to avoid seeing it.

I'm also not a big fan of Will Ferrell and agree that his best roles are when he is not the main character.

quote:
I told my daughters that you can tell how much of a loser a young man is by how much he spends his time "gaming".
This hurts me man. I like to play video games rather than watch tv. I promise you I'm not a loser! Btw, I have a massive DVD collection.
Mr.Ackar07
quote:
***** Galore is the best character name ever

This name only gets better when you read the book. Galore is a lesbian and a leader of an all lesbian gang. Bond still gets her to go straight at the end though.

All of Flemming's books are pure greatness.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I would ignore anything Human says. He despises Hollywood and movies in general more than anybody I've ever seen.
LHIOB
AG
quote:
Well this may be my favorite thread ever. I'll go in random order:

1) I love reality shows... mainly on MTV. I don't miss an episode of real world or the challenge. I thought jersey shore was can't miss television and I also was a huge fan of the hills. There are many others that I watch also.
Im in a fantasy league if you want in for the next season
Knife_Party
I only like trashy, simplistic TV shows and movies. Transformers. Vampire diaries. Anything thats just made to entertain. I can't stand dramas or romcoms.
COOL LASER FALCON
quote:
I would ignore anything Human says. He despises Hollywood and movies in general more than anybody I've ever seen.
lol man he just trolled you so hard
fig96
AG
quote:
I was going to comment that I told my daughters that you can tell how much of a loser a man is by how much he spends his time "trolling" but decided it wasn't worth the time.
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
quote:
lol man he just trolled you so hard
Maybe, but he's been doing it for years.
swimmerbabe11
quote:
quote:
quote:
It's nothing to do with sexism and everything to do with passive aggressive manipulative BS that she pulled.

Unless you are gonna claim that only women can do that, then I don't see it as sexist.

So a sociopath consistently bullies, then rapes, then holds his wife hostage in her own home, and somehow she is to blame?
Disgusting. She was the bravest character on the show and it wasn't close. Her sister was the next.

As wrong as what Walt did, in his twisted mind he was still doing it all for his family, including Skylar. Skylar ,on the other hand, looked for love elsewhere, was hateful, vindictive, and manipulative with no regard for Walt.

You are pretty much proving my point. Based on other arguments we have had, this doesn't surprise me.
swimmerbabe11
Another one, I secretly really want to be on the Bachelorette.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You are pretty much proving my point. Based on other arguments we have had, this doesn't surprise me.
And what is your point? That you look for sexism where there isn't any?
7nine
AggieHank86
AG
Are you gentlemen ACTUALLY derailing a fun and light-hearted thread to argue about the motivations of two fictional characters?
fig96
AG
quote:
I think you and most every other woman between 16 and 40something has this secret wish
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
I think you and most every other woman between 16 and 40something has this secret wish
Hell I'd want to be on the Bachelor.
Willis
AG
quote:
I read 6 1/2 Harry Potter books - all but the last half of the final book. I enjoyed them at first, but by the end, I just couldn't take any more.

Stopped after the fifth one. Always thought Hermione and Harry should have hooked up. Especially watching the movies.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Hell I'd want to be on the Bachelor.
Other than the media scrutiny I don't think most guys would disagree with you.
Prime0882
AG
quote:
I like Stan Bush's music.............ooohh, God, i'll probably get a beating for this!
No you won't - it's because You've got The Touch.

1) Pivoting off of his post - Transformers: The Movie (1986 Cartoon) is the best movie out of all of them. This has been my go-to background noise movie for years, and I'm in my early 30's. I've probably had this running, or watched it, close to 50 times.

2) My "classical" playlist on my Ipod is nothing but movie soundtracks, including the soundtrack to the above movie (love that 1980's synthesizer sound).

3) My self-important/elitist confession has to be that anyone who enjoys Two and a Half Men instantly becomes a mouth breathing moron in my eyes. I was ashamed to learn that that was considered the #1 comedy on TV for a bit while there was stuff out there like Arrested Development.
Prime0882
AG
Oh - and there are days that I want to post spoilers and major plot points all over the TV/Non-Spoiler GoT thread and ruin it for all those whining nancies on that thread. L+R = J.
wangus12
AG
quote:
Oh - and there are days that I want to post spoilers and major plot points all over the TV/Non-Spoiler GoT thread and ruin it for all those whining nancies on that thread. L+R = J.
Dat Math though!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
That's not really a spoiler though is it? Technically it's still theory.
Willis
AG
I got all the way into season 3 of The Wire and couldn't get into it.

I have no desire to watch Lost.

I think Mad Men peaked a couple of seasons ago.

Never thought Arrested Development was all that funny.

Same for Seinfeld.

Same for Always SUnny in Philadelphia. I tried watching all three.

Love most seasons of American version of The Office. last couple of seasons were bad for the most part.

Never really enjoyed SNL. Some funny skits, not much.

Don't care for Will Ferrell other than Old School and Talladega Nights.

I have never seen Gone With the Wind, Miracle on 34th Street, Casablanca or Citizen Kane.

I thought the Godfather movies were "meh." Just watched them to say I had seen them.

I like Taylor Swift. 1989 is on my phone right now.

I love all things John Mayer. I wish he would make another John Mayer Trio album.

Dumb and Dumber, Robin Hood: Men in Tights and Down Periscope are my favorite comedies of all time.

I didn't think Caddyshack was funny at all.

I agree with a previous poster that Nolan's Batman trilogy wasn't all that great and Ledger made the second one. Good trilogy, not great.

I love old hymns. How Great Thou Art, The Old Rugged Cross, When the Roll is Called Up Yonder and When We All get to Heaven will be played at my funeral. I'm 28.

John Wayne is overrated.

Kate Upton is not attractive. Give me a set of perky B's over s-a-g-g-y D's any day of the week. Frank Sobotka's threads on the General Board are annoying.

I don't think Angelina Jolie is attractive either.

New Country has gone to crap.

I don't understand this board's infatuation with Muse.

I liked Creed.

I liked Nickelbacks first couple of albums.

I like romantic comedies and it gets me kudos with the wife.

I'll watch just about anything on HGTV or DIY although I'm sure I'll never do 99% of anything the shows are about.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Blade Runner may be the worst "great" movie ever made.

I don't find anything funny with The Office.

Pink Floyd may be the most overrated band of all time. Their best album is five songs and half of The Wall is not any good.

I'm convinced at least half the people that love Atlas Shrugged only pretend to like it.
boy09
AG
quote:
Love most seasons of American version of The Office.
I've seen a few people in this thread that "confessed" they liked the Office. I thought the Office was pretty well liked for the most part..
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Blade Runner may be the worst "great" movie ever made.

I don't find anything funny with The Office.
I am a sucker for cyber and steampunk movies, so Blade Runner will always hold a special place for me.

I agree on The Office.
Fenrir
quote:
quote:
quote:

Doesn't he admit at the end of the series that he wasn't doing it for the family, he did it because he enjoyed it? It's been a while but I feel like I recall that much.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I was never into The Office. It did nothing for me. Recently I watched the BBC version on Netflix and found it hilarious. Was really disappointed it was only 2 seasons.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
Doesn't he admit at the end of the series that he wasn't doing it for the family, he did it because he enjoyed it? It's been a while but I feel like I recall that much.

Ya but we were not privy to that info at the time we hated Skylar in the first several seasons.
7nine
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SKYLER
Texaggie7nine
stupid names don't deserve correct spelling.
7nine
Fenrir
quote:
quote:

Ya but we were not privy to that info at the time we hated Skylar in the first several seasons.
I found it odd that people hated her. She wasn't a great person by any means but nobody is on that show. She never seemed to be particularly notable for being an ******* to me.
fig96
AG
quote:
I'll watch just about anything on HGTV or DIY although I'm sure I'll never do 99% of anything the shows are about.
I didn't agree with much of anything else you posted (other than Batman), but I almost added something very similar to this one. I can spend Saturday morning happily drinking coffee and watching several hours of House/Kitchen/Yard Crashers (but don't own a house).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.