Entertainment Board confessions

45,870 Views | 373 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ulrich
ellebee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have never watched an entire episode of friends or seinfeld.

For the most part I dont think comedies are funny, unless they are dry.

I liked avril lavigne for far too long. Luckily i have grown out of that.

I have a hard time committing to watching a movie, although i can binge watch 6 or more one hour episodes of a show back to back into the wee hours of the morning.
MW03
AG
I read once that Zapp was supposed to be voiced by Phil Hartman before he was murdered...
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
I read once that Zapp was supposed to be voiced by Phil Hartman before he was murdered...

That is correct. Can only imagine how great that would've been... Although you have to give Billy West credit, he nailed that role.
Yoda
AG
Despite loving most things geeky, I just don't understand what everyone sees in the Lord of the Rings world. One of my happiest moments in cinema was the day I was trying to give Two Towers a chance in the theater and the projector broke during the "big trees start to fight" scene. Saddest moment was when they fixed the projector. I watched the entire trilogy thinking at some point I would get it. Won't do that to myself again with any of The Hobbit films.

Have probably seen every single episode of the series Dallas, yes including the 3 year run TNT just finished. JR was the greatest.

I too think Godfather III is pretty good. Not as great as the first two, but a fair ending to the series. Do I wish Duvall was in it? Sure. Did I think Sofia was awful? You know what... not really. Did I like Andy Garcia? You bet. Also, the ending scene on the steps where Michael is confronted with the finality of what his choices have wrought is one of the most gut-wrenching scenes in any movie for me.

I enjoy most musicals. Can sing any song from Grease 2. "Let's do it for our country". Don't mind if I do.

I enjoy Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Pretty sure when I die, I will be able to say no show brought me more joy than the six seasons I spent loving Lost.

Manilow songs are catchy.
pfo
AG
My sister asked my our Dad his opinion on her idea of buying a new IPO of a company in her neighborhood called MICROSOFT. Dad told her not to buy any because "these new start up companies almost always fail"!

I saw the trailer for Star Wars in Manor East in Bryan and said "what a joke! I'd never go see that!"

The movie Jaws changed my life. I never got in salt water again deeper that 2 feet and we have a place at the beach.

I have never heard a song or seen a movie with Barbara Streisand in it because she is a liberal.

I only recently quit fantasizing I was the QB of the Dallas Cowboys! Ok, I haven't totally quit!

I hate the Eagles and Citizen Kane too.
Pahdz
I laughed more at 21 Jump Street than any other comedy of the last decade
UnderoosAg
AG
quote:
I have a hard time committing to watching a movie, although i can binge watch 6 or more one hour episodes of a show back to back into the wee hours of the morning.
IJones23
I've seen every episode of King Of Queens at least 4 times.

I also loved Yes, Dear.
2ndGen87
AG
quote:
quote:
I think The Pacific was better than Band of Brothers.
YOU SHUT YOUR WH*R* MOUTH!!!!!!!!!
2ndGen87
AG
1. I cried when Old Yeller got shot.

2. My favorite childhood show was "Lost In Space". Would love to have a vacation home that looked like Jupiter 2. Absolutely was obsessed with all the vehicles in Lost in Space. Thought about watching a few episodes as an adult, but can bring myself to do it for the shame and humiliation.

3. Favorite Family Guy scene:

4. Think the "Where's Michael?" scene in Godfather I as the pinnacle of all acting of all time and can never be topped.

5. Saw Jaws in 5th grade in Galveston and one of my favorite movies, but never understood how it affected people and the beach. It would be like watching a car crash movie and never driving again.

6. Fell in love with Barbra Streisand in What's Up Doc? Fell out years later....

7. Never, ever could get into LOTR of The Hobbit, neither in book form or the movies.

8. Think 2001: A Space Odyssey the most overrated movie of all time. Dull isn't deep. Think Stanley Kubrick is a misanthrope with one great movie, Dr. Strangelove and one good movie, Full Metal Jacket.

9, Think Robert Altman is second most overrated who also had only one good movie: Mash.

10. Love Science Fiction movies and shows but think all Star Trek's and their spinoffs were terrible.

AgPediRPh
AG
I hate everything about Good Will Hunting....and I'm a fan of Affleck/Damon

Freaks and Geeks: overrated

Joe Dirt: freakin hilarious!
GarlandAg2012
AG
1. My go to shows on Netflix right now are the new Dallas and Cheers. Love both. Cheers especially holds up shockingly well.

2. I don't laugh out loud or very often when watching Arrested Development. I like the idea of it but it never gets its hooks into me.

3. The movie 50/50 is in my top 5 all time, possibly top 3. Just really struck a chord with me and I may have fallen in love with Anna Kendrick for a short time.

4. I pretty much can't stand any late 90's/early 2000's R&B, but my girlfriend loves it. Any time we're in the car together and she has the aux chord I am suffering.

5. I have never finished a season of fantasy football updating my roster each week and I've played for about 6 straight years.

6. Always kind of liked T swift's music but never thought she was that hot until her latest album, specifically the music video for Blank Space (which is a great song)
wangus12
AG
1. Never been a fan of classic bands such as the Beatles, Rolling Stones etc. I think they sound terrible.

2. I enjoy explosive movies with terrible acting/plotlines, but movies that really make you think. I hate movies that seem like traps for award nominations (i.e. Selma)

3. I hated Breaking Bad, The Office, and Arrested Development.

4. I have never seen the Godfather either and never plan too. Same goes for Scarface, Citizen Kane, Gone with the Wind.

5. I like chick flicks and don't have any issue watching them with......or w/o my SO.

The Debt
Cheers and Fraiser both hold up well
bagger05
AG
quote:
4. I have never seen the Godfather either and never plan too. Same goes for Scarface, Citizen Kane, Gone with the Wind.
One of these things is not like the other...

I have never read To Kill a Mockingbird and never plan to. Same goes for Fifty Shades of Grey, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The Great Gatsby.
boy09
AG
quote:
Freaks and Geeks: overrated

Joe Dirt: freakin hilarious!
This guy.

Used to watch Gilmore Girls reruns pretty regularly. Used to get off work at 3:30 and it was pretty much the only thing on TV at 4:00

The League on FX is not very good. It seems like a show a show I should like, and everybody else seems to like it, I just don't think it's very good.

Frozen was not good, and neither was the soundtrack.
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
One of these things is not like the other...

I have never read To Kill a Mockingbird and never plan to. Same goes for Fifty Shades of Grey, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The Great Gatsby.
I used to catch a lot of crap for not having seen Scarface so I threw it in there
COOL LASER FALCON
quote:
Frozen was not good, and neither was the soundtrack.
I haven't seen Frozen, but I really don't get the love for "Let it Go." It's awkward and is not very melodic. Nowhere near as good most of the songs from The Lion King, Aladdin or Beauty and the Beast.

I also don't like the Les Mis soundtrack.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I thought Frozen was good but not even close to being in the same class as early 90s Disney.

The District with Craig T Nelson is the second greatest cop show of all time next to The Wire.
chipotle
quote:
but I really don't get the love for "Let it Go." It's awkward and is not very melodic.

Agreed. It felt broken. Saw frozen for the first time over the holiday. Meh. Olaf was the jar jar binks of this movie.
bagger05
AG
Re: Scarface, I didn't mean to imply that you necessarily thought it was on par with those others. It just came across as funny when I read it.
LHIOB
AG
Cant Hardly Wait is a top 5 movie all time for me. Ive seen it no less than 200 times.

Just Friends is top 10.

Ghostbusters is the greatest movie ever made.

I think Cake is awesome.

Ive also never seen A Christmas Story.

Denzel Washington is a bad actor. He's the black Tom Cruise.

I wore black for a week after Chris Farley died.

I too still watch the Challenge. In fact, Im in a Challenge Fantasy League. (I met Big Easy at a Texans game a few years ago. He was a pretty nice guy.)

I like Top Chef and American Idol.

Family Guy isn't funny and I haven't watched South Park since high school (graduated in 99).
Texaggie7nine
quote:
The District with Craig T Nelson is the second greatest cop show of all time next to The Wire.

Have you seen The Shield?
7nine
Bruce Almighty
AG
Yes and like The District more.
LHIOB
AG
Forgot to add that I loved Newsies and can sing every song
Texaggie7nine
quote:
Yes and like The District more.
Well then, you're not good people.
7nine
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
  • I enjoy Avatar, the Star Wars prequels, The Hobbit, Prometheus, and a lot of other movies that are generally considered trash around here.
  • I love Vegas Vacation and have seen it at least 50 times.
  • I was bored to tears by The Hurt Locker.
  • I've never been able to sit through a whole episode of The Walking Dead.
  • I loved LOST the whole way through.
  • I also enjoy chick flicks, if they're good.
  • Love Kubrick, but not a fan of A Clockwork Orange at all.
  • I've never seen The Shawshank Redemption, The English Patient, Shakespeare In Love, Gone With the Wind, Casablanca, Wizard of Oz, or Citizen Kane.
tx.agg.96
AG
pretty. little. liars.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
  • Love Kubrick, but not a fan of A Clockwork Orange at all.

This is very surprising to me
Bruce Almighty
AG
My Pixar post was deleted????? What a bunch of Nancies.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
My Pixar post was deleted????? What a bunch of Nancies.

http://texags.com/forums/25/topics/2585720/last
TheDino
AG
I purchased the first 3 Creed albums, and enjoyed them.

Yes, Dear makes me laugh.

My wife and I went to Disney World in November and had an incredible time. Now I enjoy most Disney animated movies.
Bruce Almighty
AG
How the f did I post on the wrong board???
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
How the f did I post on the wrong board???

Not sure... pretty impressive

Since its on premium it will probably get 200 blue stars
bagger05
AG
quote:
  • I've never seen The Shawshank Redemption, The English Patient, Shakespeare In Love, Gone With the Wind, Casablanca, Wizard of Oz, or Citizen Kane.
Honestly I can easily see how someone has never seen most of those movies, but I think it is weird that you've never seen The Wizard of Oz or The Shawshank Redemption (not meaning that it's wrong but it is odd).

Seems like I remember The Shawshank Redemption being on television a TON and The Wizard of Oz gets played on TV about once a year. I'd figure most people would've seen those by accident at one point or another.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.