Entertainment Board confessions

45,877 Views | 373 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ulrich
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fixer Upper is awesome.

Love the two hosts and the fact that their projects are around Central Texas.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
I watch 2012. Every. Time. I can't help it. Wife thinks I am sick, but there is just something about how horrible it is, I have to see it.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
Fixer Upper is awesome.

I love that, when you watch Flip of Flop (in Orange County, CA), they buy these 3 bed 2 bath houses for $300-$500k to flip.

Then, you watch Fixer Upper and they take these 5 bed 3 bath Central Texas homes for $150-$250k that are older, but much bigger and nicer and fix them up.

The price difference from California to Texas is just ridiculous.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
quote:
Fixer Upper is awesome.

best thing to happen to waco since....................

may 2015??? no, twin peaks

April 1993????? No, Branch davidians

1916???? no, public hangings

1845??? no, baylor founded

Genesis 1.... Yup thats it!

jeffk
AG
Yeah, they'll show a condemned two bed room one bath with no yard and toxic waste in the garage.... $2 million.

Every time I watch any of the HGTV shows featuring CA, I wonder how anyone affords to live in that state.
Sex Panther
AG
Sweet, I can't wait to start the ***** Official Fixer Upper Season 3 Thread *****
Matt788
AG
quote:
I paid money to see Cabin Boy.

• Cabin Boy is one of my favorite films of all time.

• I can't stand Nirvana

Bunk Moreland
Although I haven't watched it in years, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie version of dukes of Hazzard. I laughed a lot. I checked my criticism at the door and it ended up being good.

Wow this is quite therapeutic
javajaws
AG
Don't shoot me...

... I liked Pure Country.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Don't shoot me...

... I liked Pure Country.

Man Pure Country is the ****
Bunk Moreland
Pure Country is a good ol movie, just don't ever mention pure country 2 in the same conversation. Act as if it never happened. Much like the caddyshack series.
AgPediRPh
AG
I saw Joe Dirt in the theater and own it on DVD. I will defend that movie to anyone who says it isn't great
Redsurf03
AG
Point Break is in my top 10

Bunk Moreland
quote:
I saw Joe Dirt in the theater and own it on DVD. I will defend that movie to anyone who says it isn't great

If this is confession worthy then add me to. Everything about that movie was great. Not happy about the upcoming sequel however
chipotle
quote:
quote:

If this is confession worthy then add me to. Everything about that movie was great. Not happy about the upcoming sequel however

The sequel was so terrible it was released to stream for free.
Bunk Moreland
Wow I never realized it even was released. Glad I missed it
Stive
AG
quote:
I've watched that video of the wedding party dancing to Chris Brown's "Forever" like 50 times and it always makes me feel happy.

Me too.
VanZandt92
quote:
quote:
quote:

The sequel was so terrible it was released to stream for free.

I'm so glad that Animal House was released before the sequel craze.
VanZandt92
I hate Aerosmith. Effing hate em.
Human
AG
My wife and I sneak booze in movie theaters and add it to our Sprite.

I was totally lit watching Age of Ultron(terrible movie btw)

We go to the movies 4/5 a year.

As I get older I've learned to appreciate bands like Pantera, Steely Dan, Rob Zombie, older Genesis, Prince and Iron Maiden.

Culture Club Live:VH1 is one of my fav CDs

The live music scene in New Braunfels is second to none(looking at you Austin).

I lost respect for Neil Peart after his George Bush comment.

Speaking of Steely Dan, will there ever be another SD?

Jeff Beck is awesome. "People Get Ready" on repeat

Waiting for a male/female country duo to redo Rossington Collins Band "Don't Misunderstand Me"
VanZandt92
All over the place
VanZandt92
quote:
Blade Runner may be the worst "great" movie ever made.

I don't find anything funny with The Office.

Pink Floyd may be the most overrated band of all time. Their best album is five songs and half of The Wall is not any good.

I'm convinced at least half the people that love Atlas Shrugged only pretend to like it.

Correct on all points except Blade Runner. Freaking great sci-fi movie.

I also think Pink Floyd is overrated. So glad I'm a few years too young to be of the seventies generation that loved them. Thank the Lord for punk rawk.
VanZandt92
quote:
Empire is better. Deal with it.

The original mojo is all that really matters.
VanZandt92
quote:
I have almost every episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 burned onto discs that I keep in a binder at my work. Whenever I need something going while I'm working, I'll put in an episode.

I've seen every episode dozens of times. I've been watching them since I had them on VHS tapes back in the early 90's.

I also have almost 300 Rifftrax files (short films and feature films) that I've accumulated and I mix them in with my MST3K episodes. I've had more than one co-worker ask me "why the hell are you watching 'Twilight'???" I have to hand over my head phones and let them listen so they know that I'm actually watching the Rifftrax version.

I'm laughing
Ulrich
I've never seen an episode of Lost, Breaking Bad, 24, Band of Brothers, The Pacific, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Dr. Who, the original Star Trek, The Sopranos, The Wire, Mad Men, Survivor (or really any reality show), Dallas, and most of the older sitcoms.

Never seen Gone With the Wind, Casablanca, or Citizen Kane.

Love 90s country and cheesy/whiny/awesome 80s and 90s rock.

Usually enjoy romantic comedies even though I'll rarely admit it without ulterior motives.

I have marathoned LOTR once a year since 2008.

I've seen some classic comedies, but I doubt anything will dethrone Robin Hood: Men in Tights as my favorite.

Counselor Troy is not hot. Tasha Yar, on the other hand....

I would still rather have actual DVDs and Blu-rays than stream.

Don't like Westerns all that much... I enjoy them while they are on, but rarely want to start one.

Most modern comedy movies are trash. I laugh at them, but they don't have the same craftsmanship as the older stuff. There's no rewatchability, they just punch you in the face over and over with ludicrous, obnoxious, repetitive, Family Guy-inspired "HEY EVERYONE COME SEE HOW EDGY I AM". That's not really a confession since it's a widely held opinion, but I already typed it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.