Entertainment Board confessions

45,873 Views | 373 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ulrich
MW03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Under Siege, here.
Sleve McDichael
AG
I love Downton Abbey.
LHIOB
AG
quote:
Will Ferrell was funniest in Old School and Wedding Crashers.

DAMN YOU ROGER!!!!!

Austin Powers FTW
COOL LASER FALCON
I had COMPLETELY forgotten about Will Ferrell's scenes in Austin Powers. Awesome.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Will Ferrell is at his best when he's not trying so hard to be Will Ferrell. Elf is his best movie and his celebrity Jeopardy on SNL may be his best work.
boy09
AG
quote:
MacGruber might be my favorite movie.
Holy crap, I always forget about MacGruber.

"If rippin' throats gets that warhead back, I'll suck as many dic-......uuuuhhhh, I'll rip as many throats as I have to."
glartasal
I think the Madagascar franchise is hilarious, the third one in particular might be the most I've laughed during a movie in a long time. King Julian is one of the funniest characters in cinematic history.

Currently, I love the song sledgehammer by some girl group called fifth harmony.

I watch One Tree Hill on NF even without my girlfriend sometimes. I watched a season of Pretty Little Liars. Most awful of all, I would watch The Secret Life of the American Teenager sometimes. One of those "so bad it's good" shows. I loved how they had high school kids talking like aristocrats from the 18th century.

When I first saw Back to the Future (age 12 or so) I wanted Marty to hook up with his mom. I knew full well what that meant. Still wanted it to happen.

Kenny Powers is awful. He ruins movies. That group is also overrated and the only really good movies any of them were in are the jump street movies. Jonah is the best of the bunch.

I watched 4 episodes of Lost and thought it was one of the worst "good" shows of all time.
2ndGen87
AG
I thought Lost was inferior to Gilligan's Island.

I get overly upset when people say:
1. Star Wars 2 was better than the original 1977 Star Wars (George Lucas failed math).
2. Godfather II was better than Godfather 1.
2. Manhattan was better than Annie Hall.

I feel like for those that have this "opinion", you are flat out lying and you feel left out because you missed how big the originals were and you want to sound elitist and smart, so you claim the second is better. You might as well say Caddyshack 2 and Grease 2 were better.

glartasal
If you get overly upset because of those things, you might very well have an anger management problem or something of that nature. I'd suggest seeking professional help. Good luck to you.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Empire is better. Deal with it.
BusterAg
AG
You guys are lightweights afraid of ridicule.

My favorite movie is Moulin Rouge. I have a mancrush on Ewan because I wish I could sing like him.

I had a crush on Katie Holmes for about a decade after she sang On My Own on Dawson's Creek. I just recently saw les mis.

I can not finish the final season of Newsradio, the best sitcom ever, because I want to stab out Jon Lovitz eyes repeatedly.

I have not only read the Samirilion, but every other book published by Tolkien, including Lost Tales 1 and 2, which were really just precursors to the Simarillion, Unfinished Tales, Children of Hurin, and other backstory books. There are like 12 other books besides Hobbit and LOTR.

I really like listening to Michael Jackson. and Wham! and Van Morrison.

I also agree that Lost was horrible. I really wanted to like it because I am en economics nerd, and some of the episodes (that my friend picked out for me to watch) were interesting. But I could never get over the silly, repetitive, Oh my God what does this mean!!! faux drama.

I like DiCaprio. I saw him on growing pains when I was a kid, and hoped that he would won day be a regular TV star.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
When I first saw Back to the Future (age 12 or so) I wanted Marty to hook up with his mom. I knew full well what that meant. Still wanted it to happen.
Marty McFly goes all Lazarus Long!
2ndGen87
AG
quote:
If you get overly upset because of those things, you might very well have an anger management problem or something of that nature. I'd suggest seeking professional help. Good luck to you
ooooooooooooooooooooookay then..................... Let me rephrase, I think people who say that are lying and generally just being pretentious to cover up the morons they really are. Or, I think they are trying to stir up controversy like "The 10 Best X" and they pick a horror to get people talking like:

The 10 Best Songs! and for #3 we select Having My Baby by Paul Anka.

Pahdz
quote:

Currently, I love the song sledgehammer by some girl group called fifth harmony.

guilty as hell
Bruce Almighty
AG
Empire is better than A New Hope and I promise you, I'm not lying.
glartasal
quote:
quote:

guilty as hell

I'm not alone
AgPediRPh
AG
Regarding Rocky:

I don't care what revisionists have to say, Rocky WAS the best film of 1976. And it was a drama film unlike the other 6 which were sports films. Loved how the film paused at the end to show Rocky at the best moment of his life. Too bad Stallone had to continue the story past Rocky's "top moment".

I cannot express how much I hate "Eye of the Tiger" and the entire soundtrack for Rocky IV. But for some strange reason, I NEED to watch Apollo dance to Living in America any time the crap film comes on.
Sex Panther
AG
Rocky IV is the best one
Yoda
AG
How can anyone not like the soundtrack to Rocky IV?
Bonfired
AG
quote:
I thought Lost was inferior to Gilligan's Island.

I get overly upset when people say:
1. Star Wars 2 was better than the original 1977 Star Wars (George Lucas failed math).
2. Godfather II was better than Godfather 1.
2. Manhattan was better than Annie Hall.

I feel like for those that have this "opinion", you are flat out lying and you feel left out because you missed how big the originals were and you want to sound elitist and smart, so you claim the second is better. You might as well say Caddyshack 2 and Grease 2 were better.

Godfather 2 and Godfather were both pretty damned good...little to no dropoff in quality.

Caddyshack 2 may be the biggest desecration to the memory of an original that I've ever seen...the original was greatness. The sequel was 35 tons of donkey **** topped off with overripe cantaloupe.
Texaggie7nine
Ok. Another confession.

I liked Caddyshack 2.
7nine
Mr. White
I have the Rocky IV soundtrack on vinyl.

I walked down a street with a jambox at full volume on my shoulder once.

I think the edited version of Fast Times at Ridgemont High is better. Something creepy about the real version.

Sex Panther
AG
quote:
I think the edited version of Fast Times at Ridgemont High is better. Something creepy about the real version.

The Debt
quote:
Under Siege, here.

I want a playmate to come out of a cake.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
I NEED to watch Apollo dance to Living in America any time the crap film comes on.

Same. But I love Rocky IV.
Mr. White
quote:
quote:

Your opinion means jack s*** after your mst3k confession/blasphemy.
YouBet
AG
quote:
Will Ferrell is at his best when he's not trying so hard to be Will Ferrell. Elf is his best movie and his celebrity Jeopardy on SNL may be his best work.
Dammit, Elf is his worst movie and one of the most overrated movies ever! Opinion does not compute.

My current favorite album is Secondhand Rapture by MS MR. I have no idea who she is but I love this album.

GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
quote:
Under Siege, here.

I want a playmate to come out of a cake

Erika Eleniak was featured in the first Playboy I ever bought after turning 18. Seeing her in Under Siege a few years later was glorious. Not to mention that Under Siege was pretty damn good.
The Debt
Yes the majority of the movies mst3k riffed were unwatchable, and unless you got their references watching mst3k would be difficult too. Topical humor is like that.

If you watch rifftrax today there are jokes the masses can consume more easily because we have been knee-deep in pop culture for 20 years and have media on demand. When they riffed Starship Troopers, I have never laughed as hard in my life. I took friends to the encore who were different ages from 20s- 40s and they all thought it was better than any comedy film Hollywood has put out in years.

One problem I do have is that the faithful, for some reason, want them to reriff old crap like Manos or Santa Claus vs the devil. And since securing rights to recent films is expensive, they go ahead and indulge the audience that pays the bills.
jlb2957
AG
I think I have seen Twilight 4 or 5 times... that is the best RiffTrax they have ever done.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Well this may be my favorite thread ever. I'll go in random order:

1) I love reality shows... mainly on MTV. I don't miss an episode of real world or the challenge. I thought jersey shore was can't miss television and I also was a huge fan of the hills. There are many others that I watch also.

2) I have seen every episode of the office (US) multiple times and I still constantly giggle while watching.

3) I can't stand listening to the beatles.

4) I think Jennifer Garner looks sort of like a man but I still would.

5) 90s country is my go to music and all I would listen to if it was socially acceptable.

6) the one caveat to number 5 is Drake. I love his music and his 2 concerts I've seen are the best I've ever been to. Feels good to get that off my chest.

7) I dislike movies about anything that I can't conceive happening in real life, including fantasy movies. This includes Harry potter, LOTR, any superhero movies, etc.

8) I have watched all but the last season of Mad Men and I am waiting for the show to give me a clue on someone to root for.

9) Stepbrothers is my favorite movie of all time and I can quote just about the whole damn thing.

I will add to this in stream of consciousness fashion later.
Simplebay
AG
I hate Seinfeld and love the Speed Racer movie.

I think Carrie Anne Moss is hot and Jennifer Aniston is meh.

I dont particularly enjoy comedy movies or comedy TV shows.

I think Chris Nolan is the best director of all time.
swimmerbabe11
quote:
It's nothing to do with sexism and everything to do with passive aggressive manipulative BS that she pulled.

Unless you are gonna claim that only women can do that, then I don't see it as sexist.

So a sociopath consistently bullies, then rapes, then holds his wife hostage in her own home, and somehow she is to blame?
Disgusting. She was the bravest character on the show and it wasn't close. Her sister was the next.
swimmerbabe11
Just thought of a good one. I like Keanu Reeves. I thought A walk through the clouds was terribly sweet and Sweet November was one of the first movies to make me cry.
fig96
AG
I missed this thread till now and it's fantastic. So here goes...

I've never seen No Country for Old Men or There Will Be Blood. Not intentionally, just missed them initially and its tough to pull them up as fun family viewing.

I love musicals, and seeing Rent with two members of the original cast was incredible. Can't wait for Pitch Perfect 2.

I didn't think Nolan's Batfilms were all that. Enjoyed them, but he didn't get the character.

I own almost every Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks film on blu-ray or digital and don't have kids.

I really don't enjoy most Wes Anderson films.

I've never seen a Sopranos episode.

Desperado is one of the greatest action films of all time.

I really liked all of Lost, including the finale.

I'm a sucker for sports films and will get slightly misty at the end.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.