Entertainment Board confessions

45,872 Views | 373 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ulrich
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
quote:
Brian Cranston doesn't seem like he has enough gravitas for the part half the time.
Four Emmys (and Anthony Hopkins) disagree with you.

I don't know how you can watch scenes like the end of Crawl Space and not be blown away.

Like I said the episodes are hit or miss and I completely agree that there are momentsof brilliance, but for whatever reason I just don't see what others see in this show, or him. I am aware of how he is viewed, just will never quite get it.

BB is easily the best show to ever grace TV IMO. Some people just never will get it. Just like some people will never get why No Country for Old Men is one of the best movies ever.
7nine
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
It took Shark all of four minutes to come and defend Breaking Bad's honor
Yeah my bad, I'm at work.
mazag08
AG
Wow. A quadruple post followed by a double post. The world is ending.
swimmerbabe11
I still wish Skyler would have stabbed Walter White to death. The hatred of her character illustrates a lot of sexism in the way viewers treat male vs female characters IMO.
Texaggie7nine
It's nothing to do with sexism and everything to do with passive aggressive manipulative BS that she pulled.

Unless you are gonna claim that only women can do that, then I don't see it as sexist.
7nine
chipotle
i netflixed my way through breaking bad so I had the pleasure...NAY...the privilege of fast forwarding through all of skyler and marie's bulls***.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
When I talk to someone about something that steadicaTm or TCTTS says on this board I sometimes refer to them as "a guy I know" rather than explain that they're people I occasionally interact with on an internet message board.

Ha, I do this ALL the time... I have also dewshily referred to TC as "my contact in L.A."
Texaggie7nine
I've been tempted to do that but I can't think of a good reply when they ask me for the actual name of my "contact". I guess I could do it with Stedicam though since we can see his name in the credits.
7nine
Chipotlemonger
AG
***** Galore
aggiesq
AG
quote:
The District with Craig T Nelson is the second greatest cop show of all time next to The Wire.
so you haven't watched this:

jlb2957
AG
Was waiting for homers/fan boys/jerks of the forum to derail the thread. S'posed to have fun with this, guys.

I think the Godfather is one of the greatest movies of all time and can't get through the godfather part 2 for a second time. Just find it boring.
I think breaking bad was incredibly overrated.
I love Tegan and Sara and don't even mind their "poppy'er" songs
I actually enjoy many romantic comedies (I personally believe there is a difference between romantic comedies and chick flicks) and When Harry Met Sally is one of my favorite movies.
YouBet
AG
quote:
"Fat Bottomed Girls" never gets old

Plus, "Vanderpump Rules" is an awesome show.
Confession: I never knew Queen sung this song.
mazag08
AG
This is probably one of the best threads this board has seen, please don't let it derail.
Chipotlemonger
AG
As I quoted someone else earlier, I actually like Waterworld.

Roger Moore actually isn't a terrible Bond. For Your Eyes Only is one of my favorite Bond movies.

If Tremors is on TV as I'm flipping, I've got to watch it.

Shakespeare In Love is an all time movie for me. I would say Top 10 favorite.
ILAggie04
AG
I cried like a baby at the end of October Sky and Patch Adams.

I think the movie Pitch Perfect is one of the greatest movies ever made.

I actually don't hate the show Girl Meets World
Professor Frick
AG
I tried Battlestar Galactica. I tried a few times. It just didn't take. The storylines just weren't compelling enough to overcome the cheese all effects and third rate acting.
YouBet
AG
quote:
I tried Battlestar Galactica. I tried a few times. It just didn't take. The storylines just weren't compelling enough to overcome the cheese all effects and third rate acting.
This makes me sad. I have equivalent examples though.
GarlandAg2012
AG
quote:
I cried like a baby at the end of October Sky and Patch Adams.

I think the movie Pitch Perfect is one of the greatest movies ever made.

I actually don't hate the show Girl Meets World
October Sky is another one of my top 3 movies. Significant factor in me becoming an engineer.
boy09
AG
quote:
Confession: I never knew Queen sung this song.
Well, Queen just did a cover of the original Kevin Fowler version...
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Waterworld is a good movie; it just needs about 20 minutes trimmed out of the middle of it.

I loved The Postman.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
When I talk to someone about something that steadicaTm or TCTTS says on this board I sometimes refer to them as "a guy I know" rather than explain that they're people I occasionally interact with on an internet message board.
Guilty.
Bunk Moreland
I think Will Ferrell is the most overrated comedian of his time. He is funny less than a quarter of the time he's on screen. His best roles are when he's a side character and isn't allowed to dominate the screen.

There, I said it.
chipotle
quote:
I loved The Postman.

That needed another 20 minute trim. Otherwise ok film. Waterworld was ight.
MW03
AG
quote:
I think Will Ferrell is the most overrated comedian of his time. He is funny less than a quarter of the time he's on screen. His best roles are when he's a side character and isn't allowed to dominate the screen.

There, I said it.

Say it ain't so, Bunk!
2ndGen87
AG
quote:

There, I said it.
I agree 100%. Most of the time when he is on the screen, I think Geeze, I could do that. And no one wants to see me up there. He seems so talent-less to me. Maybe it's a generational thing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
While I don't agree with the first part, I do agree with this:

quote:
His best roles are when he's a side character and isn't allowed to dominate the screen.
Chaz from Wedding Crashers is one of his funniest charactes.
Ronnie
AG
quote:
MacGruber might be my favorite movie.
Bunk Moreland
Here's another confession.

I enjoy the hell out of the Dukes of Hazzard movie.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
quote:

There, I said it.
I agree 100%. Most of the time when he is on the screen, I think Geeze, I could do that. And no one wants to see me up there. He seems so talent-less to me. Maybe it's a generational thing.

I'm right in the era that grew up with him and I still can't stand him, so that shoots this theory out of the water.
zap
AG
Will Ferrell + John C. Reilly = take my money
bagger05
AG
Will Ferrell was funniest in Old School and Wedding Crashers.

DAMN YOU ROGER!!!!!

The Debt
When the DVD player came out one of my first purchases was Hollowman. I learned how the slow motion works thanks to that movie.
Richie Cunningham
AG
My confession is that the only thing on this thread that got me in an uproar was that someone doesn't like the music from Les Mis.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
When the DVD player came out one of my first purchases was Hollowman. I learned how the slow motion works thanks to that movie.

The most experience I gained in the art of using the slomo and pause on VCR was Basic Instinct.
7nine
Chipotlemonger
AG
Basic Instinct

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.