Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,079 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
twilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who's up for 27 hours of STAR WARS?

AMC Announces 27-hour Star Wars Movie Marathon Leading Up To Rise of Skywalker!

The bonus is you get to see TROS 1 hour before everybody else.

TCTTS
AG
For those who haven't popped into the TROS thread for whatever reason...

TCTTS
AG
And for Ringer fans, Binge Mode Star Wars also kicks off on Monday...

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/binge-mode-star-wars/id1243247464
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
My worlds are colliding and I love it.

A Scene from Episode VII, the 'Stros Awaken

INT. MINUTE MAID PARK - NARROW CORRIDOR - DAY
A LOCKER ROOM DOOR opens.
Several Houston Astros enter. One man has a sweet goatee and mustache (JUSTIN VERLANDER), with a hot swimsuit model on his arm.
They turn into and stop at one end of the corridor.
Juan Soto, trying to stuff the World Series trophy into his travel bag, stands , forty feet away in the middle of the long hallway.

VERLANDER: Juan Soto. You are a dead man.
Juan smiles innocently, friendly.
JUAN: Justin Verlander! What's the problem?
VERLANDER: The problem is you're in my way.
VERLANDER: Heard you also said Stephen Strasburg was better than Gerrit Cole.
JUAN: You know you can't trust that long-haired freak! How long've we known each other?
VERLANDER: The question is how much longer will we know each other? Not long. We want our trophy back now.
JUAN: Ya think beating the Dodgers and Cardinals was easy? I've earned this trophy!
VERLANDER: Gerrit Cole says he wants a piece of you too.
JUAN: I never said anything bad about Gerrit Cole!
VERLANDER: Tell that to Gerrit Cole.

The SOUND of the TRAINING ROOM DOOR opening. Juan's face GOES WHITE as he turns to the OTHER END OF THE CORRIDOR, where Jose Altuve, Carlos Correa, Alex Bregman, and George Springer have appeared in their uniforms with bats on shoulders. JUAN smiles uncomfortably at the Astro sluggers as they part and Gerrit Cole walks out to stand in front of them.

JUAN: Gerrit Cole. Good to see you.
COLE: Wrong again, Soto. It's over for you.
Cole COCKS HIS ARM, there for blood.
JUAN: Boys. You're both great pitchers! Have I ever said Strasburg and Scherzer were better than you guys?
Verlander: Yeah.
Cole: Twice!
Juan realizes he's right.
JUAN: What was the second time?
VERLANDER: Your swing is full of holes. There's no one in the World Series for you to hit homers off of.
COLE: No spot in the lineup left for you to hide.
VERLANDER: That trophy ... the American League Apex Predators are looking for one just like it.

Soto poops his pants.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Two months to go!

https://instagr.am/p/B32LPuyi9K_
TCTTS
AG
On the eve of the final TROS trailer, below is every sequel trilogy trailer to date.

This is it, guys. Tomorrow brings us the last Skywalker Saga trailer ever. Sure, there will be an international trailer at some point with a few different shots, and the TV spots should start heating up next month, but for those of who have been doing this since 1998 (the first time a SW trailer was released online / on TV), tomorrow is bittersweet.

I've got a lot of SW content coming over the next 48 hours, but for now, dig into these. I still say the final trailer for TFA is my favorite so far...

GiveEmHellBill
AG
twilly said:

Who's up for 27 hours of STAR WARS?

AMC Announces 27-hour Star Wars Movie Marathon Leading Up To Rise of Skywalker!

The bonus is you get to see TROS 1 hour before everybody else.

and if they skip The Last Jedi, you get to see it three hours before everybody else.....
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I remember sitting on my coffee table so I coudl be closer to the TV watching the last TFA trailer on Monday night football in 2015. I watched it 17 times before I went to bed. Han Solo's "It's True, all if it" line still gives me the chills. They really made that trailer gorgeous with the intros of Rey then Finn then Kylo, and only used about 3-4 shots from anything beyond the first one-third of the movie.

TCTTS
AG
That's awesome. And yeah, the structure of the trailer is just so good, with Han's line being the highlight for me as well. It might actually be kind of cool if they went full circle and mirrored the structure for the final trailer tomorrow.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'll never forget the first time hearing "Chewie, we're home".
TCTTS
AG
So good. Best marketing moment of the entire sequel trilogy so far.
TCTTS
AG
Seeing as we're exactly two months out from the release of TROS, here's some other random Star Wars content to help gear up for the end of the saga...
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS said:

And for Ringer fans, Binge Mode Star Wars also kicks off on Monday...

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/binge-mode-star-wars/id1243247464

In addition to The Ringer's Binge Mode Star Wars podcast, below is the trailer and link for Block Buster, which garnered great reviews. I've been saving it for these last couple of months, but I remember Spilner saying he listened to it, loved it, and can speak more to it than I can if need be...

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/blockbuster/id1451112935
TCTTS
AG
What other great making-of documentaries are out there? I'll start with this one, but feel free to others...

Empire of Dreams: The Story of the Star Wars Trilogy

TCTTS
AG
I've only read bits and pieces of this book, which also received stellar reviews, but I plan on knocking the whole thing out over the next couple of months as well. Anyone else read it? Any other good/similar making-of books out there?

https://www.amazon.com/How-Star-Wars-Conquered-Universe/dp/0465089984/

TCTTS
AG
And finally, all ten threads of the rewatch project for handy reference, if anyone still wants to catch up or dig into further discussion...

01.19 - Star Wars Rewatch Project: EPISODE I - THE PHANTOM MENACE

02.19 - Star Wars Rewatch Project: EPISODE II - ATTACK OF THE CLONES

03.19 - Star Wars Rewatch Project: EPISODE III - REVENGE OF THE SITH

04.19 - Star Wars Rewatch Project: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY

05.19 - Star Wars Rewatch Project: ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY

06.19 - Star Wars Rewatch Project: EPISODE IV - A NEW HOPE

07.19 - Star Wars Rewatch Project: EPISODE V - THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

08.19 - Star Wars Rewatch Project: EPISODE VI - RETURN OF THE JEDI

09.19 - Star Wars Rewatch Project: EPISODE VII - THE FORCE AWAKENS

10.19 - Star Wars Rewatch Project: EPISODE VIII - THE LAST JEDI
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I read about 1/3 of it and for whatever reason, didn't finish. Loved what I did read though, and plan on going back and reading the whole thing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And yes, Block Buster was an absolutely great podcast. It's a quick listen, 6 20-minute episodes you could knock out in a couple of commutes.

It's worth it just for the scene where Lucas listens to Williams' score for ANH for the very first time.
Ag Since 83
AG
I started it also but didn't get that far. I remember finding it very interesting but a bit of a slow read.
twilly
AG
Definitely rumorsville, but interesting nonetheless....

From WeGotThisCovered .com (I'm not linking it because of potential spoilers to TROS

Quote:

The advent of Disney Plus means Lucasfilm can create a wide range of new big budget live-action Star Wars content exclusively for TV. The Mandalorianis right around the corner, and it'll soon be joined by a procession of other small screen series that can fill in gaps in the saga's timeline that have yet to be touched on in the movies. For instance, the studio might just be working on a show for one of the most notorious SW villains not from the films.
According to our sources the same ones who told us Ewan McGregor was returning as Obi-Wan back in May, and Lucasfilm is developing a series all about Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Originally created as part of the now-defunct Legends universe, the character has previously been brought into modern canon in Disney XD's Star Wars Rebels animated series, where he was voiced by Sherlock star Lars Mikkelsen. We Got This Covered has heard that this Disney Plus project would feature Thrawn's live-action debut, but as of yet, it's unclear who'd play him.

What we do know is that the show is set to be based on Heir to the Empire, the 1991 novel by Timothy Zahn which served as the character's first appearance and the first installment in the Thrawn trilogy. As the title suggests, it's set five years after the fall of the Empire, with Thrawn regrouping leftover Imperial forces in an attempt to squash the fledgling new Republic.

Presumably, the book would be the basis of the first season or so with elements from the two sequels introduced if the show continued past its debut run. Given that The Mandalorian takes place at a similar point in Star Wars history, it's possible some crossover could happen between the two. Maybe the Thrawn series will even be set up in season 1 of the Pedro Pascal-starring production? Time will tell, but as soon as we learn more, we'll be sure to let you know.

TCTTS
AG
Heads up, but that article basically hints at / spoils a pretty big Episode IX reveal for some idiotic reason. Not giving you sh*t twilly, just warning people. Can't believe those morons would do that...
TCTTS
AG
Also, this is my monthly reminder that We Got This Covered is a sh*t site that throws sh*t against the wall constantly, happens to get one prediction right for every twenty they post, and will then claim "see, we were right" as they do here. Where this story falls, we'll have to wait and see, but you can probably guess...
twilly
AG
TCTTS said:

Heads up, but that article basically hints at / spoils a pretty big Episode IX reveal for some idiotic reason. Not giving you sh*t twilly, just warning people. Can't believe those morons would do that...
Thanks, I posted the rumor with the offending material omitted.
TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Today is the day!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
These last couple of months of speculation, discussion, predictions, etc, are probably my favorite part of getting a new Star Wars movie.

I'm a bit bummed this will be our last hurrah, at least as far as theater releases go, but in any case, I'm so hyped for tonight and for all the discussion that will take place here afterwards.

May the force be with us.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

redline248
AG
Would much rather see her dual wield than use a double blade.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Agree.
Ag Since 83
AG
Listening to the Thrawn trilogy on audio book currently and man do I love these stories. As much as I'd love to see the series, you'd have to change a lot to fit into the current canon.

I'd also love to see a series based on Karrde and his faction. Then moving around the galaxy trying to stay alive and maintain neutrality while also conducting business is one of the best parts of the series, and there is potential for a great supporting cast with the various members of his operation you meet. The Mandalorian might give us something similar with bounty hunters rather than smugglers
TCTTS
AG
On her birthday...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Hm. It seems like an odd tone for Hamill to take, just hours before the trailer drops... no?
TCTTS
AG
I think he's just laughing at the idea that this kind of makes it sound like this is the last of the new marketing materials. When there will of course be an international trailer or two and then dozens of TV spots, etc. Or that there will be many more movies to come, and thus many more trailers...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I would guess Mark Hamill knows a bit more about the future of Star Wars than most.

I'm convinced at some point when the Mandalorian has a final season, a de-aged, post-ROTJ Luke Skywalker will be the target or an unwitting ally.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I thought I was sensing some residual bitterness towards Disney, but maybe I was reading to much into it.
First Page Last Page
Page 863 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.