Star Wars Discussion Thread

3,104,879 Views | 29816 Replies | Last: 33 min ago by Flashdiaz
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm so glad Favreau is a SW fan
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm actually kind of shocked he hasn't been offered a SW movie yet. Or, rather, I'm surprised that one hasn't yet been announced. I'm sure they've had talks, I guess it's just that Favreau has simply been too busy to lock anything down yet, between The Lion King and The Mandalorian.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Give Favreau the keys to the kingdom.
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Favreau + Filoni = great success
Social Media Influencer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TCTTS said:

I'm actually kind of shocked he hasn't been offered a SW movie yet. Or, rather, I'm surprised that one hasn't yet been announced. I'm sure they've had talks, I guess it's just that Favreau has simply been too busy to lock anything down yet, between The Lion King and The Mandalorian.
Favreau's a busy dude. He's come a long way from begging Chris Moltisanti for wiseguy stories.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If anything touches Maul in a live series I hope they go all in with his spider legs.
Hagen95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He's been in two movies and both Filoni series. He has died twice now. Just ready for a new villain.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Solid troll.
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sam Witwer's voice acting is half the reason people like reincarnated Maul so much.
Hagen95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First time I have ever been called out for trolling. Thanks, I guess?
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I figured troll or sarcasm by saying he's been in 2 movies.

I mean, really?
Hagen95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did you not see him in Solo? I guess it was almost a cameo appearance
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Almost?
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
are you denying Maul was in Solo?
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do cameos not count? I'm confused.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I sure as hell don't count a 5 second appearance in Solo to say he was in two movies.

Certainly not to argue that we've seen too much Maul.
Aggie_Journalist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maul might have had more lines in Solo than Phantom Menace, if that's worth anything.
Social Media Influencer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thinking about splurging and getting this pen for myself. What do yall think?

https://www.dromgooles.com/s-t-dupont-haute-creation-collection-levitating-st.html

Quote:


S. T. Dupont Haute Creation Collection Levitating Star Wars Darth Vader Fountain Pen

$27,473.42
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Worst hologram moment in the Star Wars Universe. No doubt.

Saul Goodman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seriously...so cheesy.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It does look awful. The whole character is CGI'd, right?

Could they not fly in Ray Park and get him in the makeup? They could shoot the scene in an hour.
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I sure as hell don't count a 5 second appearance in Solo to say he was in two movies.

Certainly not to argue that we've seen too much Maul.
His scene is 1-1/2 minutes long. By your logic, Jabba the Hutt wasn't in the Phantom Menace, nor was Chewbacca in Revenge of the SIth.

MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It does look awful. The whole character is CGI'd, right?

Could they not fly in Ray Park and get him in the makeup? They could shoot the scene in an hour.

That's Ray Park, man. I'm demoting you back to Padawan Learner.

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/09/ray-park-talks-maul-from-solo-a-star-wars-story/
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You're taking this awful serious.
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I enjoyed Solo on the rewatch, but I'll admit to being bored when I saw it in the theater. While I really like the Maul character in the animated series and want to like him in Solo, I just cringe when I see the saber switch on... WTF dude.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't be mad that you've been so wrong on this
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

I enjoyed Solo on the rewatch, but I'll admit to be bored when I saw it in the theater. While I really like the Maul character in the animated series and want to like him in Solo, I just cringe when I see the saber switch on... WTF dude.


100% chance it was added to 1) get a lightsaber in the movie, and 2) make sure the dummies knew it was Maul
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And it felt forced as hell. Probably to have the force in the movie, too.
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You're dissing a movie I like, I'm defending it. No I'll will intended. Same as when you defend the pod race or ROTS
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

And it felt forced as hell. Probably to have the force in the movie, too.


And like I said earlier, it presents a problem. Someone so closely connected to Han works with for a force user. Where do you go from here?
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

And it felt forced as hell. Probably to have the force in the movie, too.


And like I said earlier, it presents a problem. Someone so closely connected to Han works with for a force user. Where do you go from here?
Simple... Han and Maul don't have to face off or even meet.
Page 852 of 852
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.