Star Wars Discussion Thread

9,316,611 Views | 49245 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Mat Lanticus
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Woah! How the hell did we miss Season 3 of Star Wars Visions?? There's a new season and love it or hate it they've been an interesting experiment.

Season 2 was definitely > Season 1 but Season 1 had easily the best episode titled "The Ninth Jedi" and come to find out they're making a season out of that episode…which they announced a long time ago and thought they had abandoned it.

Don't know if anyone here plans on watching but we definitely will be.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I forgot to finish S2, so I'll have to hop to it
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jokershady said:

Woah! How the hell did we miss Season 3 of Star Wars Visions?? There's a new season and love it or hate it they've been an interesting experiment.

Season 2 was definitely > Season 1 but Season 1 had easily the best episode titled "The Ninth Jedi" and come to find out they're making a season out of that episode…which they announced a long time ago and thought they had abandoned it.

Don't know if anyone here plans on watching but we definitely will be.

Posting here has ceased to be fun. I just watch stuff and enjoy it alone.
powerbelly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am a big fan of visions. At least they are trying something new.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


This was for the 5th anniversary re-release.

Damn, I'm old.
Dekker_Lentz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marvel and Star Wars are going to have a crossover comicbooks.

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-marvel-comics-crossover-hope-assembles

Written by Kevin Smith starting January 2027.

I don't even know what to think about this announcement. Seems weird to announce it on a Tuesday and not SDCC or upcoming D23.
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Should be a Han/Chewie and Rocket/Groot teamup
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dekker_Lentz said:

Marvel and Star Wars are going to have a crossover comicbooks.

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-marvel-comics-crossover-hope-assembles

Written by Kevin Smith starting January 2027.

I don't even know what to think about this announcement. Seems weird to announce it on a Tuesday and not SDCC or upcoming D23.


The multiverse needs to be stopped. This is dumb.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Ashoka season two trailer could be released online tonight, but I'd be surprised if the Starfighter one is. We shall see...
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll never understand how they expect people to care about their shows when there is 4 years between seasons.

Ahsoka S1 was in 2023.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agreed. Insane.
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'll never understand how they expect people to care about their shows when there is 4 years between seasons.

Ahsoka S1 was in 2023.

Yeah I couldn't tell you even a framework of what happened in that show by now
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TCTTS said:

Agreed. Insane.

TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Like I've said, the strikes and whatever personal issue Reeves was going through at least explain two of those years. Whereas season two of Ahsoka wasn't affected by the strikes, nor did Filoni have a personal issue that we know of, that took him out of commission for a year. Also, the gap is far more excusable for movies, seeing as all you have to do is rewatch one movie as a refresher before the next one comes out. In contrast, it's way more of a thing to have to rewatch eight episodes. And sure, recap videos help, but it's not quite the same.
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also...movie gaps are nowhere near the issue that TV season gaps are.
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:



lol…….
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ahsoka barely kept my interest as it was. I doubt I'll be up for season two four years later.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'll never understand how they expect people to care about their shows when there is 4 years between seasons.

Ahsoka S1 was in 2023.

This is a hill I will die on. It's the stupidest f-ing thing in the current era of television. You release something like 6-10 episodes in a season. Stop being lazy and shoot more
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'll never understand how they expect people to care about their shows when there is 4 years between seasons.

Ahsoka S1 was in 2023.

This is a hill I will die on. It's the stupidest f-ing thing in the current era of television. You release something like 6-10 episodes in a season. Stop being lazy and shoot more


All shows need to follow the Slow Horses model. Ironically, they aren't slow in releasing.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gougler08 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'll never understand how they expect people to care about their shows when there is 4 years between seasons.

Ahsoka S1 was in 2023.

Yeah I couldn't tell you even a framework of what happened in that show by now


A woman with a Beskar spear fought Ashoka. Or someone rang a big bell with it. And Kyle Reese was there.

I think.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Star Wars: Ahsoka
Season 2
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13622776/
January 20, 2027
Disney+



TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Love the old school logo...

TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That said, the title still bugs me. It's so redundant. It's basically Star Wars: Star Warrior or Star Fight: Starfighter.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks pretty cool at least. Kind of Star Wars meets Drive, which is just fine by me...

CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TCTTS said:

Star Wars: Ahsoka
Season 2
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13622776/
January 20, 2027
Disney+





Anyone who doesn't love that trailer straight up sucks.
Backyard Gator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TCTTS said:

Love the old school logo...



Are they going to use an arcade game/simulation to find people who qualify?


CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Backyard Gator said:

TCTTS said:

Love the old school logo...



Are they going to use an arcade game/simulation to find people who qualify?




Looks like Trump looking at the solar eclipse.

Thunderstruck xx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CharleyKerfeld said:

TCTTS said:

Star Wars: Ahsoka
Season 2
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13622776/
January 20, 2027
Disney+





Anyone who doesn't love that trailer straight up sucks.


I just watched The Mandalorian and Grogu on streaming and thought it was boring AF. I'll be going into this one with lowered expectations.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

Looks pretty cool at least. Kind of Star Wars meets Drive, which is just fine by me...




New bootleg is up (for now)...

TXAG 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thunderstruck xx said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

TCTTS said:

Star Wars: Ahsoka
Season 2
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13622776/
January 20, 2027
Disney+





Anyone who doesn't love that trailer straight up sucks.


I just watched The Mandalorian and Grogu on streaming and thought it was boring AF. I'll be going into this one with lowered expectations.


Wow. I forgot Mandalorian and Grogu even existed. I'm sure I'll watch it at sometime, but not in any hurry.
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

Star Wars: Ahsoka
Season 2
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13622776/
January 20, 2027
Disney+




You know what really grinds my gears…when they hold their dang lightsabers like that!

This dang trend started with The Last Jedi and it's stupid. Go pull any video from any actual swordsman or martial artist or hell just read about it and it's pretty much inferior in every way with the way it's depicted on screen.

A small detail but we never saw that in the originals or prequels….a small hint that we never gonna get good lightsaber fights again when the actors aren't even instructed on how to hold the darn things correctly….

Mmmmmk rant over….
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

gougler08 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'll never understand how they expect people to care about their shows when there is 4 years between seasons.

Ahsoka S1 was in 2023.

Yeah I couldn't tell you even a framework of what happened in that show by now


A woman with a Beskar spear fought Ashoka. Or someone rang a big bell with it. And Kyle Reese was there.

I think.
that was season 2 of the Mandalorian and our first introduction of live action Ashoka….

Which is pretty bad the only memory there of her is from another show…speaks to why these gaps are so bad…

Granted that first introduction of her in the Mandalorian was a dang good episode
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That actually looks pretty damn good.
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Thunderstruck xx said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

TCTTS said:

Star Wars: Ahsoka
Season 2
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13622776/
January 20, 2027
Disney+





Anyone who doesn't love that trailer straight up sucks.


I just watched The Mandalorian and Grogu on streaming and thought it was boring AF. I'll be going into this one with lowered expectations.


Wow. I forgot Mandalorian and Grogu even existed. I'm sure I'll watch it at sometime, but not in any hurry.

It's fun, it's just basically a long higher budget ep of the show.

Enjoyable for what it was, but didn't really need to be a theatrical feature.
First Page Last Page
Page 1403 of 1408 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.