Jerry Seinfelds Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee

61,765 Views | 577 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Zombie Jon Snow
JYDog90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah. I watched it last night. Probably the best of the season.
GoAgs92
AG
new season announced....

Super Dave again?

Norm Macdonald
Cedric the Entertainer
Lewis Black
Kristen Wiig
Christoph Waltz

hmm

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/
He is Ass My Dude
The Jb Smoove episode kills me.
Redstone
AG
Nice to see Cedric the Enertainer...hopefully more people of color will be announced soon.
JYDog90
AG
I think that line up is a good one. Looking forward to it.
Professor Frick
AG
Norm
TexasAggies06
AG
Redstone said:

Nice to see Cedric the Enertainer...hopefully more people of color will be announced soon.
Don't forget about Lewis Black.
Jim01
AG
I honestly am looking forward to each of those. Maybe best lineup yet.

Quote:

Super Dave again?

You're GD right!!! Considering his is the greatest episode so far I can't wait for this. I've rewatched his first one at least a dozen times.

Also can't wait for Norm.

And to tie it together if you haven't watched the Super Dave episode of Norm's show then do yourself a favor and watch it now.

TheDino
AG
Alright! Very pumped for the new season.
WestAustinAg
AG
Redstone is a caricature now...a life size animated portraiture of a bed wetting SJW....I love it...great job Redstone...
Redstone
AG
Look, this is not complicated: comedy has a long and sad history of exclusion, and those who are privileged, such as Seinfeld, have an obligation to use their platforms for giving voice to the marginalized.

I'm not sure why this reasonable and obvious reality needs to even be discussed. And until we see the confirmed full slate for this season, lets reserve judgment.
watty
AG
I'm just tired of Red's stupid trolling.
The Milkman
AG
Whats scary though is that there are truly people out there that think like Redstone pretends to.

Its horrifying
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
watty said:

I'm just tired of Red's stupid trolling.
I don't know, I think Jerry really has covered his tracks well. He is such a racist that he roomed with George Wallace in New York just to throw off the masses. That is some really diabolical bigotry.

"Seinfeld and I shared an apartment [here] for 13 years. It was a studio two people in a studio. We had a big sofa in there and a little twin bed. I don't know how we did it. I was working a lot and away a lot. We met at Catch a Rising Star. Little Jew in the corner over there, little black boy in the corner over there. We caught each other's eye. [And] I had a car, so I was like a preferred friend."
Complete Idiot
Wiig episode is out, not bad but I'm just biding time until we get Norm MacDonald
Jim01
AG
Enjoyed Wiig. I always like her.

Also my weird eye for location recognition instantly kicked in that I'm pretty sure that ice cream shop is the same one from Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Complete Idiot
Randomly searched YouTube for Norm macdonald and found his comedian in cars episode - even though it's not released yet. The voices are sped up or slowed down, not sure how the individual for the episode or why it is ok to release without legal issues
Jim01
AG
Norm is up. Quality but I wish they wouldn't chop it together so much and instead just have longer sequences of interesting conversations.

Norm get back to your talk show already!!!! You teased us with two new episodes and then disappeared!

Jim
Professor Frick
AG
No kidding, where is the next episode?!

Jim if you haven't done so, I HIGHLY recommend reading Norm's book. It's fascinatingly odd, and surprisingly well-written. It reads a lot like a Tom Robbins or Hunter Thompson novel, and in true Norm fashion, there's really no telling what is actually genuine and what is artifice.
Jim01
AG
It's on my list to read. I follow him on Twitter and crack up about his screaming about how it's a novel even though it says it's a memoir.
JYDog90
AG
Norm is more cerebral than I thought. I enjoyed it.
watty
AG
He's an interesting Twitter follow.
PooDoo
AG
Jim01 said:

Enjoyed Wiig. I always like her.

Also my weird eye for location recognition instantly kicked in that I'm pretty sure that ice cream shop is the same one from Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Not the same place...
TCTTS
AG
Wow, this is pretty big...

http://www.thewrap.com/jerry-seinfeld-netflix-comedians-cars/
TexasAggies06
AG
watty
AG
Huge indeed. I've been wondering if he would ever release anew hour. To commit to two? Awesome! He hasn't done one since the late 90s.
jabberwalkie09
AG
TCTTS said:

Wow, this is pretty big...

http://www.thewrap.com/jerry-seinfeld-netflix-comedians-cars/
Excellent!
Complete Idiot
Just saw his Austin standup show this past Friday, while not my favorite stand up I really admired the craftsmanship of his act. A very tight, consistent 70 minutes that the crowd loved. Lots of energy, sold jokes As if he was telling them for the first time , never stumbled, always delivered for most comedic impact. That was my takeaway - the craftsmanship more than the humor. The crowd loved it (of course they are all established Seinfeld fans)
watty
AG
Good analysis. Similar to my take. He is the consummate professional in every way. Every single word is measured perfectly.
JYDog90
AG
for me, I'd like to Seinfeld in concert for the same reason I'd like to have seen Bob Hope. Not because I'm expecting to laugh uncontrollably but rather because they're institutions. More just to say I saw him.

I respect Jerry for what he's done and how he's handled it all.
TheDino
AG
This Netflix news is great! I too am surprised with the 2 new specials.

This also is great news for CCC. It seems to me that he plans to keep going with the show. No true end is in sight.

Great news.
GoAgs92
AG
$100 Million...wtf? they'll have to stretch each episode to 30 minutes which is good.

CrottyKid
AG
Just watched the Norm Macdonald episode. That guy makes me laugh.
GoAgs92
AG
So far, worst season yet.

I thought forcing poor Christoph to eat at IHOP was cruel...yet funny.

Norm was good.

Lewis Black..meh
Wiig...seemed like a nice person but a bit boring.

Need to watch cedric again can't remember anything about it.
watty
AG
I think this season has been great.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.