Jerry Seinfelds Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee

61,632 Views | 577 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Zombie Jon Snow
TheDino
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jerry's new show/web series started today.

It looks like each week he will release a new episode where he drives a fellow comedian to get coffee. The first episode is with Larry David. I will say I am impressed. I am a huge fan of Jerry and I think he has done a great job with this new show.

It also touches on Jerry's love for cars.

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com

[This message has been edited by TheDino (edited 7/19/2012 8:38p).]
TheDino
AG
The next episode is with Ricky Gervais. Should be entertaining.
MW03
AG
very cool. thanks for posting.
RossG_2
AG
I was about to just say "that's a really cool show. Thanks for posting that" but then I looked at your handle and realized that I know you, Dino. And really, that doesn't change anything I wanted to say but I just thought that's cool we know each other. That's a really cool show. Thanks for posting that.
The Milkman
AG
Been looking forward to this. Jerry's been talking about it on twitter for a while
nohaver09
AG
I could watch these two talk for hours. The comedy is brilliant yet so effortless. Looking forward to the series.
Jacques
One thing I love about Curb is seeing the show hit places around town I frequent. I go to O'Groats often Saturday mornings if I'm headed into the office. The buttermilk biscuits at O'Groats are as good as it gets.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
So, it's essentially... a show about nothing?
PatAg
AG
Classic larry "ehhhhhh yea i could be free"
jetch17
Ronnie
AG
Anyone else not looking forward to another Ricky Gervais and Jerry Seinfeld interaction? I enjoyed Larry David, looking forward to others after Ricky Gervais, I'll skip that one.
TheDino
AG
I guess I don't know the history between the two?

I'm looking forward to Ricky's episode. Two brilliant comedy minds together will be good.

I am, however, worried that this first episode will not be beaten. I could also watch Larry and Jerry talk for hours. I love their brand of comedy and I'm not sure any other guests on his show will be as good as Larry.

Either way, this is a cool idea and I am looking forward to each new episode.
Ronnie
AG
quote:
Two brilliant comedy minds together will be good.

Agree to disagree. I think Gervais is a **** comic and for some reason Seinfeld indulges him.
schmendeler
AG
that was nice. a free dose of seinfeld!
TheDino
AG
quote:
Classic larry "ehhhhhh yea i could be free"

I also loved Larry's "What the hell?!" when Jerry showed up at his office.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Gervais isn't that good of a standup, but he's a fantastic writer and a funny dude. I'm really looking forward to the next episode.
Scotch
AG
Reminded me of Kaufman's "My Breakfast with Blassie".
RyanSmith1988
AG
"You have finally done the show about nothing..."

Love LD&JS.
kgc123
funny show. The one with Gervais should be good as well. I like Gervais' comedy but I am not a huge fan of the office. I am wondering who else Seinfeld may have on? Louis CK would be great to see.
TheDino
AG
Louis CK is rumored to be on it.

The preview released a week or so ago showed a lot of people. Michael Richards, Marty Funkhouser from curb, Alec Baldwin among many others that I'm forgetting.
nohaver09
AG
"You excited?"

"...I wouldn't say I am excited, but I am looking forward to it."
FreddieMercury
That was good, I laughed more than a couple times.
The Milkman
AG
Brian regan was on the promo
PatAg
AG
looking forward to regan and seinfield
m-walker
AG
quote:
I could also watch Larry and Jerry talk for hours.
watty
AG
If Brian Regan is on I will literally pee my pants. That is awesome! Those two are far and away my two favorite comedians.
TheDino
AG
Bump for tonight's episode with Ricky Gervais.

While the banter back and forth between Seinfeld and Gervais wasn't as amusing as Seinfeld and Larry's I still really enjoyed it. It is entertaining to me to watch Jerry interact with these people. A couple parts come to mind: "If our parachutes won't open, you wonder if we look gay. It doesn't matter at this point." and "Oh, God, you have to turn your head around like an owl to see".

I love what Jerry is doing. The style of this show is so simple, yet it leaves me wishing each episode was longer. Good stuff.

Next episode is next Thursday with Brian Regan.
kgc123
quote:

If Brian Regan is on I will literally pee my pants

Isnt that the same thing a puppy does when it gets excited?
TheDino
AG
Looks like watty will need a clean pair of pants since Regan will be on next week.
watty
AG
Yes! I can't wait!

The Gervais episode was entertaining. I hope Seinfeld chooses to keep the concept going. There are tons of people that would be great.
The Milkman
AG
The most interesting thing to me about seeing the interaction is them making each other laugh. These people are all some of the best comedians in history and just seeing them making each laugh is amazing.
watty
AG
The preview for the Regan episode looks great. It appears that Regan really makes Seinfeld laugh (which I assume is why he's on the show...).
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Just watched the first two episodes and I will definitely be checking back for each new one from here on out. Those were great.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I'm guessing Chris Rock and Louis C.K. will be on since they all seem to be pretty good friends and were in that 'Talking Funny' special on HBO last year.

If you haven't seen that, I definitely recommend it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_92ubnlRGW0
watty
AG
ttt for tonight's episode. Great stuff as expected. The stuff about "the convincer" was hilarious. I think of the three episodes so far, Jerry laughed hardest in this one by far. He and Regan think about things very similarly. Once one of them started a joke down the track, the other immediately knew exactly how to move it along and go the same direction. Pretty cool to watch.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.