Jerry Seinfelds Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee

61,768 Views | 577 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Zombie Jon Snow
GoAgs92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
then just change the name to "anyone funny in cars getting coffee"
TheDino
AG
Naaa, doesn't sound as good.

Plus these people are comedians.
TheDino
AG
First new episode is up now. Louis CK is the guest. Looking forward to watching this one at some point today.
GoAgs92
AG
Good... A real comedian
inch05
AG
LOL! That story about him and his daughters was one of the funniest moments on this series!
512Ag
AG
That was a great one. I love Louis CK.
Jacques
That cartoon was hilarious.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Might be my favorite episode thus far.
Noblemen06
AG
I love that Seinfeld keeps making this series. I love the slate of guests coming up. Louis C.K. episode was great and the cartoon sequence was hilarious. Production values are definitely going up.

Stop feeding the GoAgs troll...trying hard to derail this thread.
PooDoo
AG
http://gothamist.com/2012/09/04/photo_louis_cks_yacht_gets_stuck_in.php

TheDino
AG
That was really great. Louis is such a good comic. I can't express enough how much I enjoy watching these comedians just hang out. Very cool stuff.
Wes97
AG
Was actually disappointed with Louis CK episode up until that boat story with the drawings. That made the whole episode right there.
512Ag
AG
That car was perfect for CK, too. So terribly disappointing, yet so terribly awesome.

[This message has been edited by Aggiedem (edited 1/3/2014 5:39p).]
Kashchei
AG
I feel like a Debbie Downer on this thread. While the episode was certainly amusing, it wasn't funny. I don't think I chuckled even once during the entire 20 mins. I want to laugh, not hear about your first-world problem of running your yacht aground and getting high before seeing 3D movies. I know the episodes aren't meant to make the audience laugh just to laugh, but just listening to comedians ***** about their troubles isn't doing it for me.

Season one killed, season two was hit and miss, and now season three hasn't started off well so far IMO...
Jacques
quote:
Was actually disappointed with Louis CK episode up until that boat story with the drawings. That made the whole episode right there.

Yeah, it was a little slow to that point
Enzo The Baker
AG
He's told that story quite a few times.
PooDoo
AG
quote:
but just listening to comedians ***** about their troubles isn't doing it for me.

Isn't that 90% of stand up comedy?
Jacques
One thing I really liked about that was that it was a really gorgeous "New York" episode.

That is such a great town. That's not a side of New York you see often.
TheDino
AG
I do agree that I haven't laughed as much since the first season. I am, however, enjoying the show just as much as I did back then. I love the cars, the coffee and the locations. But my favorite thing is the casual conversation between Jerry and his guest. It doesn't have to be funny. It's honest, interesting and usually light. The laugh out loud moments are a bonus for me.
CrottyKid
AG
I am happy to watch something that is AMUSING and is not some scripted sitcom. This series is about finding the amusing in everyday interaction, not some hilarious edited moments.
Complete Idiot
Seinfeld looks very young for 59 years old.

HOW DOES HE DO IT?
Complete Idiot
Patton Oswalt episode has been up since lunch

watty
AG
Some of you never cease to amaze me...

With that out of the way, these first two episodes have been great. Pure greatness in both of them. Oswalt is someone I've gone back and forth on, but he is incredibly respected by other comics, and he was pretty dang funny in this one. Louis CK was as well.

I'm not sure what some of you are expecting from the show. The entire appeal of the show is to show you what it's like when two comedians just hang out. It's not perfected bits. It's just seeing how they relate to each other and to the world. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it is deep, sometimes heartfelt, sometimes the opposite. And that's incredibly interesting, and to me, almost always funny, either directly or indirectly. Seeing funny people interact, even when they're not being particularly funny, is still funny to me. To see the wheels turning in their minds as they talk about topics is what I enjoy. And I'd dare say that's exactly what they're going for.
TheDino
AG
Agree completely.
Seven Costanza
AG
Well said, watty.
Jim01
AG
Oswalt talking about the downtown LA starter kit had me rolling.

Thought it way too short though.

Although I seem to hear his voice a lot the most I see of Patton is on old King of Queens repeats, so see him now he looked really old to me.
The Milkman
AG
Agreed I would have loved 5 more minutes there.

His talk about the LA hipsters and baseball managers were definitely the highlights
Kashchei
AG
quote:
With that out of the way, these first two episodes have been great. Pure greatness in both of them

The Oswalt episode was funny. The Louis CK episode was tepid at best. Just my opinion.
Keegan99
AG
http://gothamist.com/2014/01/13/jerry_seinfeld_jason_alexander_are.php

Filming an episode with Jason Alexander? At the real location of Seinfeld's iconic "Monk's Diner"?
Ulrich
So far Oswalt and Regan have been my favorites. Oswalt seems like a guy who could come up with a new hour of great comedy every day just riffing on whatever had happened in the last few hours.
TheDino
AG
That would be cool to see Jerry and Jason at Tom's for an episode. However, if I had to choose I'd rather have Jerry and Julia do an episode together.
The Milkman
AG
For some reason I thought I had heard that Julia Louis-Dreyfus has always been kind of standoff-ish. Maybe shes not interested in something like CCC?
Complete Idiot
Jay Leno is next
TheDino
AG
Jay Leno today. I really enjoyed this one. Jay is quite a character. He sure does love to tell stories.

It's crazy to think that they have known each other for 35 years.

I'm also enjoying the Acura commercials.
Jim01
AG
Agree it was a lot of stories from Jay but they were entertaining. It's crazy to see the spectrum of opinions on Jay. Some think he's the anti-Christ and some like Carolla and Seinfeld say he's the nicest guy on the planet.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.