Jerry Seinfelds Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee

61,770 Views | 577 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Zombie Jon Snow
TheDino
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Excited for the new season. Obama included.
512Ag
AG
Like Obama or not, it's pretty cool to get a current president to go on a show like this.

(full disclosure, I'm lukewarm on Obama.)
TheDino
AG
I agree. While Obama isn't a comedian I'm sure Jerry jumped at the opportunity to have him on his show. I'd do the exact same thing.

I've been looking forward to Steve Martin for a while. Ferrel and Kathleen Madigan will be great too.
watty
AG
quote:
I agree. While Obama isn't a comedian I'm sure Jerry jumped at the opportunity to have him on his show. I'd do the exact same thing.

I've been looking forward to Steve Martin for a while. Ferrel and Kathleen Madigan will be great too.

Where's the list? Those first names are fantastic.
TheDino
AG
Barack Obama
Will Ferrell
Steve Martin
Kathleen Madigan
Sebastian Maniscalco
Garry Shandling

A quick trailer is up at http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/

First episode is next Wednesday.
watty
AG
SEBASTIAN!!! That dude is hilarious. That is an awesome lineup.
Redstone
AG
A slight improvement of cast diversity.....I do hope that Jerry starts to show more respect for social justice warriors and #blacklivesmatter ----
Hopefully in the presidential episode.
Noblemen06
AG
Not your best work, Redstone. I'd grade it as a C+ for the effort and hashtag.
Ambres
AG
But.. he already apologize for not doing enough.. Mea Culpa SNL 40th Q&A at the 4:34 mark. Also good Sara Palin and Donald Trump joke at the end
CrottyKid
AG
He also addressed it in the Steve Harvey episode. He said people were offended.
Complete Idiot
Enjoyed the Steve Martin episode

Seinfeld seemed obsessed with why Martin walked away from stand up
Redstone
AG
There are several Asian-American comics who should be on the show, and it's a bit annoying to see how conventional and narrow is his concept of diversity.
TheDino
AG
I enjoyed the Obama episode. Very cool change of pace.

Looking forward to Steve Martin. Love that dude.
Duncan Idaho
The Obama one was great.

Complete Idiot
Obama is not a comedian. Always has to act like the President. Blah. Typical talk show appearance.

Kashchei
AG
quote:
There are several Asian-American comics who should be on the show, and it's a bit annoying to see how conventional and narrow is his concept of diversity.

It's Jerry's show. He should be able to put on whoever the **** he wants without having to fulfill some imaginary minority quota.
WestAustinAg
AG
quote:
After he gets to this i hope he begins to invite more robots on the show...it's embarrassing. Shortly after that I will demand there be a representative number of non-human animals. What does he have against funny dogs, cats and camels...
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
quote:
quote:
After he gets to this i hope he begins to invite more robots on the show...it's embarrassing. Shortly after that I will demand there be a representative number of non-human animals. What does he have against funny dogs, cats and camels...
I've know some pretty funny trees, I think he should get to them also. Bushes aren't funny though, they can be ignored. Robots>Animals>Plants, then maybe some higher level bacteria.
Complete Idiot
Really looking forward to Garry Shandling, always been a fan. Hopefully as good as the Steve Martin episode.

I don't find these hugely entertaining but worth a watch and usually help kill part of my Thursdays.
Redstone
AG
All the posters here who used to rail on me for pointing out Seinfeld's fascination with the old the pale and the male - take note: Shandling. At least he is Jewish, but there are plenty of others he could have chosen to feature, especially given what the Oscars have recently done.
512Ag
AG
Anyone else getting the impression Redstone doesn't like Jerry Seinfeld all that much? I can't put my finger on why, though.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Anyone else getting the impression Redstone doesn't like Jerry Seinfeld all that much? I can't put my finger on why, though.

I noticed that Redstone doesn't like jerry Seinfeld back when he was posting on his AOL account /redstone
Professor Frick
AG
He didn't like it since when it was called the Seinfeld Chronicles.
TheDino
AG
That Oscars line is just screaming troll. Try harder with the trolling.

Anyway, I haven't watched the Schandling episode yet. But I did watch a couple of older ones including Fred Armisen and Tina Fey. Great great episodes. Especially Armisen in Portland. Fred kills me. Also, Portlandia is back this week!
Noblemen06
AG
Redstone is no troll, he's the harbinger of caffeinated comedy social justice!
MW03
AG
Does Jewish count as an ethnicity or as a religion in the context of this conversation?
Noblemen06
AG
quote:
Does Jewish count as an ethnicity or as a religion in the context of this conversation?
Depends...is the guest black? I think a Jewish guy/girl only gets you half a diversity point if there's a white guest. Maybe Redstone can key us in to the scoring system. He's been holding out for some time...only dropping little hints to keep the rest of us on our toes.
MW03
AG
How many diversity points would an evangelical christian be worth in the context of Hollywood comedians? That's like booking a unicorn.
Noblemen06
AG
quote:
How many diversity points would an evangelical christian be worth in the context of Hollywood comedians? That's like booking a unicorn.
Pretty sure that's negative points. SJWs don't appreciate THAT kind of diversity.
Rex Racer
AG
quote:
All the posters here who used to rail on me for pointing out Seinfeld's fascination with the old the pale and the male - take note: Shandling. At least he is Jewish, but there are plenty of others he could have chosen to feature, especially given what the Oscars have recently done.
Psssst... There's a Jewish guy on every single episode.
TheDino
AG
The Garry Shandling episode is fantastic. One of my favorites in awhile.
watty
AG
Haven't watched Shandling yet but I am so freaking excited for Sebastian today. He has become one of my favorite comedians in the last few years. Steve Martin was really good too. His book is great.
watty
AG
Enjoyed the Sebastian episode but not as much as I had hoped. Like I said, I've become a huge fan of his recently, but he and Jerry didn't really seem to connect, and I can't help but think it's partially because Sebastian did a lot of bits. A lot of the stuff he said, it came straight out of his act. So I think Jerry and Sebastian must not have known each other very well (if at all) prior to this, and Sebastian probably wanted to work some material in just to make sure he knew he was saying things that he already tested in front of audiences. But for me, I prefer to see a little more natural interaction from Jerry and his guest. Let new humor just come out of the conversation.

I also enjoy when the comedians talk about stand-up more. Talk about their beginnings, their struggles, how they handle things on stage, how their acts have changed, etc. There wasn't any of that.

I still liked it, but my expectations were really high so it fell short.
CrottyKid
AG
Shandling's take on the McConaughey Lincoln commercials was great.
TexasAggies06
AG
Shandling episode was great, loved getting to see Jerry walk around the old set of the NYC street they built for him.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.