per·sis·tent

91,268 Views | 410 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by hunterntexas
_lefraud_
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kent finished T3 this weekend and took home a payday of $119,600. That puts him over $530,000 for the 2018 season. This guy needs a movie.
LEJ
He's livin the dream
vin1041
AG
Good for him.
NoahAg
Kent "Kent Jones" Jones
BAMF
Grits
AG
Spoiler alert, he lives forever, and never quits golf.
-OCHWFLAKASSBRTTEFE-
hunterntexas
AG
CURRENT YEAR HIGHLIGHTS
  • Charles Schwab Cup Championship: As one of two rookies at the Charles Schwab Cup Championship, he carded rounds of 67-71-66-67 and finished T8. It was his fifth top-10 of the season and second in the Charles Schwab Cup Playoffs.
  • Boeing Classic: Jones opened with a 7-under 65, the best first round of his career, and was one of three co-leaders after 18 holes at the Boeing Classic. He closed with rounds of 70-71 and finished T8, his fourth career top-10 and third of the season.
  • American Family Insurance Championship: In 2017, Jones was a Monday qualifier and finished T9 in his second start on PGA TOUR Champions at the American Family Insurance Championship. In 2018, he played in Sunday's final group and went on to finish T7, his second straight top-10.
  • Principal Charity Classic: Jones made eight birdies in his second-round 66 and finished T9 at the weather-shortened Principal Charity Classic.
Canyon99
AG
Resisted this thread for years but glad I finally gave in. Kent Jones is the MFing truth.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
In all these years I've never read this thread. Can someone tl;dr this? Why does a thread about a random golfer pop up every few years?
NoahAg
Brian Earl Spilner said:

In all these years I've never read this thread. Can someone tl;dr this? Why does a thread about a random golfer pop up every few years?
Dude, it's Kent Jones.
Zemira
AG
I love to read this thread about Kent Jones every year.

The guy never gave up playing golf and seems like he is having a great year. I'm sure there were many naysayers against him but he kept playing and he's enjoying himself.
Zemira
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Kent Jones finished his MBA in 1991. He went Pro in Golf in 1992. He joined the PGA tour in 1998. The guy never did that well in the early years but he kept going. He probably lost money some years. He is now 51 and has been Pro for 26 years. This year he is really doing well. I checked and he's gotten $620k in money playing the tour this year.

He's living the dream and didn't give up, although some years didn't look so hot. He is a inspiration to be persistent and never give up.

https://www.pgatour.com/players/player.10733.kent-jones.html
LEJ
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It's a real life story of never giving up on something you really want, even when all reasonable evidence points to the contrary.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Gotcha.

For some reason I assumed this was a similar story for most pro golfers, but maybe not?
bagger05
AG
It's unusual that someone spends almost their entire career almost EXACTLY on the line. The dude lived on the line of Tour status more often than not.

Career earnings are about $6.5MM since 1992. Averages to about $250k per year.
TyHolden
AG
bagger05 said:

It's unusual that someone spends almost their entire career almost EXACTLY on the line. The dude lived on the line of Tour status more often than not.

Career earnings are about $6.5MM since 1992. Averages to about $250k per year.
not enough for Perkins every other night...
Ragoo
AG
Kent Jones is the real Superman
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I keep hoping for a pic of Kent with Physics Clown.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Anyone link this thread to his social media?
RedRoss

Still plowing ahead!
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Not sure Kent is really a 'Champion ', but I love this thread.
Seven Costanza
AG
It would be weird to find out that a random message board has been tracking your career alone for 15 years.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Seven Costanza said:

It would be weird to find out that a random message board has been tracking your career alone for 15 years.

OP is Kent Jones
Shakes the Clown
LEJ said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

It's a real life story of never giving up on something you really want, even when all reasonable evidence points to the contrary.

Kinda like me not quitting Texags.
Wildcat
AG
Leftover Dutch Lasagna said:

Quote:

It's just getting interesting.

No, it isn't.

You know who else isn't interesting?
Aegrescit medendo
NoahAg
RedRoss said:

Still plowing ahead!

JONES!
bagger05
AG
T2

Took home a cool $120k
NoahAg
"Killer Kent" Jones!
Savage10
Kent tied for the lead with Retief Goosen at the Bridgestone Senior. One shot ahead of Stricker. Absolutely on fire this year.
NoahAg
Savage10 said:

Kent tied for the lead with Retief Goosen at the Bridgestone Senior. One shot ahead of Stricker. Absolutely on fire this year.

LETS DO THIS!
TyHolden
AG
One stroke back with 6 holes to go
cr0wbar
AG
looking for to this guy retiring along with this thread
Mr_mo8268
AG
Nothing in the world will take the place of persistence.

Talent will not. Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
MR Gadsden
Ended up T4 - $151,200

Not too shabby.
PJYoung
AG
Ha I popped on here to update this thread but I see it has been updating just fine without me.

Kent finished this season making the cut in 6 of his last 7 regular season events on the Champions Tour with 9th being his best finish. He then played in 3 playoff events not doing anything notable except making the cut in each - finishing in 33rd in the Championship event over this past weekend (won by Aggie Jeff Maggert).

He won $700,659 in 2019 putting him 32nd on tour and securing his card for next season by being in the top 54 season earnings.

He played in 23 events this season only getting cut one time with 5 top 10s and a best finish of 2nd place.

Congrats to Kent on another incredible season in his long persistent PGA Tour career.

This thread will be back in 2020!!!

Scoopen Skwert
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.