per·sis·tent

91,263 Views | 410 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by hunterntexas
LeFraud
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Currently sitting at #1802 in the official world golf rankings. He's played 11 tournaments since 2014, and only made money in 2 of those events. He turns 50 in January.
FirefightAg
AG
http://www.golfdigest.com/story/the-pga-tour-is-a-long-running-circus-of-nicknames

The Hamburglar
hunterntexas
AG
Will Kent play any this year?
TyHolden
AG
Will Kent be at Augusta? I want to get his graph.
bagger05
AG
This is his first year he's eligible for the PGA Champions Tour. He finished 11th at Q-School (unless there's another K. Jones) so he has associate membership on the tour. Meaning he can play in qualifiers for tour events. Doesn't look like he's played any events this year.
PseudonymK
AG
Kent or Can't?
_lefraud_
AG
As mentioned, Kent turned 50 in January and is now trying to make a name for himself on the Champions tour. He has played in one tournament, where he made the cut and finished T58 back in April for a hefty payday of $3,000.
Lungblood
Living the dream
FirefightAg
AG
$5.8 million not bad for 25 years of golf.

Plus it looked like he had a Tabasco sponsorship at one point and something called grand slam. He rifled through equipment sponsors as well.

Ogre09
AG
I'm not familiar with pro golf. How much of that $5.8 million would get eaten up in business expenses (entry fees, travel, coaching, practice, equipment, caddy, agent, other support)? How much would go to taxes? What's left per year to spend? How would he balance the lean years with the good?
Buck O Five
AG
I am wondering if there are years he is on welfare and food stamps.
TyHolden
AG
5.8 million over 25 years? Is he on welfare? He must live in his trailer. Is this the real life tin cup?
FirefightAg
AG
It's not cheap, having an equipment sponsor is good but doesn't pay much at the lower levels. The only place you don't pay to play is at the PGA level. All mini tours have an entry fee. I'm sure there were years it cost him to play golf
752bro4
AG
TTT for Kent
_lefraud_
AG
Well guys, this is the day we've all been waiting for, or the day Kent Jones has been waiting on.

Jones finished T9 with A&M's very own, Jeff Maggert, on the Champions tour this weekend. Tomorrow, when Kent checks his bank account will have received a nice little bumped to the tune of $50,000.

Maybe only having to play three rounds instead of four will be the secret to Kent's success. Go treat yourself Mr. Jones, you've earned it.
Lungblood
Yeeeeeeeees. This mutha flukeer is gonna beat the sht outta the old ball sacks currently on the senior tour. Persistent SOB.
FirefightAg
AG
He slam dunked a wedge shot and made sportcenter. He's basically made it.
NoahAg
Kent "Kent Jones" Jones
AgLA06
AG
I love this thread so much.
_lefraud_
AG
It has been an awesome year for our guy.

After finishing in the T9 ($50,000) back in June, he followed it up with a T18 finish ($23,205) in August and then a T11 finish ($38,250) in September to finish his season with over $100,000 in earnings!

per-sis-tent
AgEng06
AG
AgLA06 said:

I love this thread so much.
Agreed. Someone should send it to him.
Ragoo
AG
_lefraud_ said:

It has been an awesome year for our guy.

After finishing in the T9 ($50,000) back in June, he followed it up with a T18 finish ($23,205) in August and then a T11 finish ($38,250) in September to finish his season with over $100,000 in earnings!

per-sis-tent

http://www.foxsports.com/golf/kent-jones-player-stats?association=1
http://www.foxsports.com/golf/kent-jones-player-stats?association=2
Human
AG
alec said:

He would win on the Ugly Man tour.

This made me lol

Stoped reading right there
tandy miller
mpezll
AG
Finishes solo third to qualify for full exemption on Champions Tour
https://www.pgatour.com/champions/tournaments/pgatour-champions-q-school.html
lb3
AG
Lungblood
Because it's a tale of relative excellence and manufactured fun.
Eliminatus
AG
I ****ing hate golf.

I am also riveted by this post and every time it pops up I quickly peruse the new comings and goings of our fella.
PJYoung
AG
lb3 said:

PJ hasn't posted in this thread in a year and a half. Why is this still here?

I'm back baby!

Just looked up our boy.

$115,435 on the Champions Tour last season and he's off to a great start this year with over $36,000 in earnings thru only 2 events.

Still plugging away.
aTm2004
AG
Let's all be honest...we all sort of envy him. He made $115k last season playing golf. He has to have some endorsements to help cover travel costs, and is on pace to make over $200k this year. When you were 25 and somebody told you that you could play golf and earn 6-figures each year and have earned over $5mm by the time you're 50 or go have a normal job, who wouldn't choose the former?
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
dcAg
Very cool!
hunterntexas
AG
Looks like KJ will get paid this weekend.
TyHolden
AG
what does persistence mean in software?
expresswrittenconsent
aTm2004 said:

Let's all be honest...we all sort of envy him. He made $115k last season playing golf. He has to have some endorsements to help cover travel costs, and is on pace to make over $200k this year. When you were 25 and somebody told you that you could play golf and earn 6-figures each year and have earned over $5mm by the time you're 50 or go have a normal job, who wouldn't choose the former?

So what you are saying is that people envy the lives of professional athletes. Great point. Controversial, certainly, but it needed to be said.
aTm2004
AG
Yes. Even the sucky ones who are mocked on message boards by people who couldn't hit a straight drive if doing so ensures fulfillment of their greatest sexual fantasy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.