***** Formula 1 - 2024 Season *****

135,245 Views | 1586 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Gladiator 96
jorgerr96
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Sargeant is gone 100% this year.

IF they really want Kimi in this year before Merc jump, I could see them doing it after Monza and if the F2 title hopes are gone. Monza is the F3 finale and the next 2 and final rounds for F2 are in Qatar and Abu Dhabi, Prema could just get someone to sub in for F2 (Beganovic or Mini would be my guess) and Kimi gets F1 race experience.

This whole thing reminded me of how we used to see new drivers come in during USGP lol. Renau with the Palmer/Sainz in 2017, Danny Ric/Lawson last year.
jorgerr96
Anyone planning on going to WEC? There's a promo for buy 1 get 1. Was curious if anyone would be down to split it to each get the GA 3 day and the paddock add on for like $90 a person
jorgerr96

The most stacked weekend of the year! Only track that is getting F2, F3, F1 Academy as support.
jorgerr96

Ferrari supporting their FDA and F1A drivers as usual ... most of the other F1 teams drivers barely acknowledge their academies
jorgerr96

BIG news at Alpine tomorrow ..either driver confirmation or Flavio Briatore coming back
TDub
AG
Wonder if it's about them going away from the Renault engines?
FTAco07
AG
TDub said:

Wonder if it's about them going away from the Renault engines?

Haha, Alpine is Renault. That would be like asking Ferrari to go away from Ferrari engines
jorgerr96
https://www.motorsportweek.com/2024/06/20/sainz-poised-to-announce-f1-deal-with-williams-in-barcelona/

Dont recognize this source but worth sharing
TDub
AG
Robert C. Christian
AG
jorgerr96 said:

BIG news at Alpine tomorrow ..either driver confirmation or Flavio Briatore coming back

numetalbizkitaggie
AG
He shouldn't have been banned by Bernie in the first place. Ecclestone held a grudge with him.
jorgerr96
What an insane F2 quali. .006s separate the top 3. Paul Aron looking like a legit title contender in his rookie year with how consistent he is.

Bearman seems like he just dgaf anymore ….
XpressAg09
AG
jorgerr96 said:

Bearman seems like he just dgaf anymore ….

He's been on the mountaintop…all other views are boring.
jorgerr96
It's hard to get excited about F2 this year, a year with genuinely one of the best grids in the history of the category, when it has a god awful car and the typical mechachrome engine that works as a lottery (you either get a good engine or a **** one).
htxag09
AG
Probably a dumb question, but why didn't piastri just stay out and do another lap?
jorgerr96

Man I really hope we can keep seeing this for the rest of the year.
SydB92
AG
Probably not enough fuel. They put the minimum amount to get 3 laps.
htxag09
AG
SydB92 said:

Probably not enough fuel. They put the minimum amount to get 3 laps.

Gotcha. Knew it was something obvious as everyone just knew he wasn't gonna get a lap time. Not even a possibility he'd stay out. Thanks.
jorgerr96
Chloe Chambers P3 and Lia Block P10
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
Also probably needed to recharge the battery.
XpressAg09
AG
What's the 30,000' view for F2?

Everyone has the same engine but sometimes they're better than others? Everything else the same?
jorgerr96

Yeah the engine is the same but it's been compared to a lottery because you never know if yours will be good or unreliable. Good drivers have had their season ruined because of unreliability. Juri Vips in Hitech and Christian Lundgard in ART come to mind in the same year.
jorgerr96
Chloe Chambers got the lead at the start and now she has a 7s gap from P2. Insane
jorgerr96
make that 2 US wins this morning. Jak Crawford takes the F2 race
FancyKetchup14
AG
Looks like the fun run of close races is over
jorgerr96
it was fun while it lasted one lap
Twisted Helix
Late to the party. Did Lando at least get off the grid in front?
MAROON
AG
Yes he did. It's going to be a tight race at the end, I think. Lando is faster than Max right now
gabehcoud
This thread pretty much mirrors the state of F1 excitement currently. Circus music and a Sargeant cam would be more entertaining.
Roger350
AG
gabehcoud said:

This thread pretty much mirrors the state of F1 excitement currently. Circus music and a Sargeant cam would be more entertaining.

I don't get this? For 2 years everyone has been *****ing non-stop about Max dominating in a way few complained about Lewis doing for what, 5 years at Merc? Now Max no longer has the dominant car and there is no excitement?

This was a great race with several really good battles, the one between Lando and Russell after Lando's 2nd stop lasted 4 corners and included no DRS in the final pass.

Lando's bad start and their horrible pit stop lost the race. I didn't see or hear why Lando dropped off pace after getting a decent start off the line, or why that translated to him losing Max and Russell, dropping back 4-5 seconds in the first 15 laps, but it seems like he just needed 3-4 more laps tops to pass Max at the end.

I am hoping everyone is focused on Aggie Baseball and family vacations rather than this thread, because if the lack of commentary on here is related to F1 excitement then I don't get it. Maybe the Drive to Survive crowd has finally lost interest?
nai06
AG
I have been 100% focused on Aggie Baseball which is why I was largely absent from this thread the past week or so.
jorgerr96
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article/mick-schumacher-to-test-alpine-f1-car-at-paul-ricard-as-team-continue-to.1ER7NfXeKWylDwqcEYXlIJ

put Victor Martins in there smh
La Fours
AG
Yeah same for me. Aggie baseball, needing to get yard work done yesterday morning, and a family commitment made it to where I couldn't watch the race live, and missed the last 3 innings of the baseball game.
Roger350
AG
Yeah, I told my daughter she either needed to get up for early service, or we weren't going to watch the race until Sunday night because I was going to watch the Ags in real time. I ended up texting play by play to a buddy that was stuck at a wedding. The Ags played with so much heart just couldn't quite get enough runs yesterday. Kind of like Lando, just couldn't quite get it done.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Thanks goodness for another race this weekend and a sprint race to distract us from baseball:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.