***** Formula 1 - 2024 Season *****

83,156 Views | 1073 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Poot
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Max lost his cool. Kind of surprised, as he seeming had matured and calmed down after the first two championships. Come on Max. Do better.
Enviroag02
AG
Max is such a *****. Making moves in the braking zones and double moves then finally squeezing Norris out. Same crap he pulled with Hamilton a few times in the past. At this point this is who he is. He'd rather burn it all down than give up a win.
tk for tu juan
Officials scrambling to find the different national anthems
La Fours
AG
He's been raced hard by Norris in previous races this year and kept it clean. But lost it today. My guess is the dive bomb by Norris, where Lando went off the track, pissed Max off. Not excusing Max's behavior, because his actions after contact was made could have ended up a lot worse for both. It's disappointing.
sburg2007
Ugh, how disappointing
AustinAg2K
I am amazed Max was able to finish in the Top 5. When I saw the wreck happen, I was for sure that tire was coming off and Max was going to have to retire. It's impressive that it stayed on long enough for him to make it to the pits.

Anyways, Max is definitely a ***** on the course, but let's be honest, Michael Jordan would have pushed Scottie Pippen out into traffic if it meant another ring. That's why these guys are among the best ever.
krosch11
AG
Dick move by max but also smart given the driver standings. Worth any penalty he'd get . Lando outclassed him today .
Gladiator 96
AG
Hamilton won Silverstone during COVID by finishing the last lap on 3 tires. However, he had a 30-second gap to Max prior to that so he still won fairly solidly.
WC87
AG
Gladiator 96 said:

Hamilton won Silverstone during COVID by finishing the last lap on 3 tires. However, he had a 30-second gap to Max prior to that so he still won fairly solidly.

I remember that
htxag09
AG
Lando made his share of mistakes.

Don't get me wrong, the contact was on max. And was absolutely idiotic, especially given the eventual penalty on lando.

But lando had some questionable attempts at passing before that. Max wasnt really wrong when he said he was just dive bombing him. And no idea what lando was complaining about after that previous attempted pass where locked up anyway….
Charlie Conway
Lando should be careful about throwing too many words Max's way as he did push Max halfway onto the grass 7 days ago
Charlie Conway
I also don't think the move from Max was as egregious as everyone is trying to say, Max squeezed Lando on the outside line and they made contact because of it which is why he got an appropriate penalty, also if the stewards wouldn't have taken so long to give Lando the penalty for going off track I think you probably wouldn't have had this contact between the two
tailgatetimer10
AG
Really wish we could've had that squeeze and without a dnf
jorgerr96
after all that Max still ended ahead of Checo lol
Twisted Helix
Just getting around to watching this. Why didn't Max have to give that back on lap 62? looked like a clean pass and Max was definitely off the track.
Charlie Conway
https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/1ds8i2m/verstappen_squeezing_norris_2024_v_sainz/?ref=share&ref_source=link
gabehcoud
Just finished. Now that's a gd car race. More of that.
krosch11
AG
Totally fair.
La Fours
AG
Has to be Tsunoda right? Lost in translation?

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPREa8vuh/
kyledr04
AG
Good day for Haas
Gladiator 96
AG
Yep. Even without Lando's DNF they would have finished double points.

KMag had some funny sound bites early in the race when they were asking him to manage tyres.
jorgerr96

So stoked. He ran out of budget last year and got the money last minute for F2. Been doing good this year. One of the main sponsors that got him money is Bizarrap).
jorgerr96
Gonna be a fun FP1 this weekend. Ollie Bearman for Haas, Jack Doohan for Alpine, Franco Colapinto for Williams, and Isaak Hadjar for Red Bull.
Poot
jorgerr96 said:

Gonna be a fun FP1 this weekend. Ollie Bearman for Haas, Jack Doohan for Alpine, Franco Colapinto for Williams, and Isaak Hadjar for Red Bull.

Newby here… is there any particular reason all these teams chose this week to give the up and comers the seat?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.