***** Formula 1 - 2024 Season *****

135,240 Views | 1586 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Gladiator 96
SydB92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My son just texted me that Red Bull has a show car outside Zachary today. He has a class nearby and will try to get a pic.
htxag09
AG
SydB92 said:

My son just texted me that Red Bull has a show car outside Zachary today. He has a class nearby and will try to get a pic.

Aren't they doing an event in houston soon?
SydB92
AG
The Houston Red Bull show is Sept 7th.
jorgerr96
Idk how to feel about Doohan. I like the guy, is likable, and had a great final F2 season after his first half was mechachrome'd, but Alpine ruined so many talent like Alonso, Piastri, Christian Lundgaard, are now passing on Victor Martins (who was a better rookie than Ollie in F2 last year) to get Doohan, who is definitely not bad at all, but never really saw him with chances for F1. He at least is not a pay driver imo.

Gotta feel bad for Pourchaire. Sauber Academy is doing nothing for him.
jorgerr96
did you sell these?
Robert C. Christian
AG
Logan picking right up where he left off.

Its Texas Aggies, dammit
AG
Its Texas Aggies, dammit
AG
Yes, I listed them on StubHub yesterday afternoon. They're now sold.
SydB92
AG
F1TV had a segment on the crash. I can't tell if Logan was stunned because he took his time to get out. The team finally got word to get out ASAP and he jumped out quickly. They also said Russell was about to stop and help him get out.
Charlie Conway
good for Max, starting in P2 behind Lando is basicallky like starting on pole the way he handles race starts
jorgerr96
F1 Academy race postponed. Strong winds/rain.
TDub
AG
Would love to see what Mick could do the rest of the year
jorgerr96
The scenes if Sargeant gets kicked before the USGP lol
jorgerr96
Albon disqualified, Lewis 3 place grid penalty.

F1 Academy race 1 at 1:15 AM, then race 2 at 3:40 AM. i am really looking forward to this one round as both Maya and Aurelia (Ferrari Driver Academy) showed up big time in the quali after a disastrous Barcelona
Robert C. Christian
AG
jorgerr96 said:

Albon disqualified, Lewis 3 place grid penalty.

F1 Academy race 1 at 1:15 AM, then race 2 at 3:40 AM. i am really looking forward to this one round as both Maya and Aurelia (Ferrari Driver Academy) showed up big time in the quali after a disastrous Barcelona

Sucks for Albon. What a bad weekend for Williams.

I get that is most weekends but, this is a tougher.
Wheatables02
AG
Waiting…
SydB92
AG
Well I think it actually rained in CS so he didn't want to linger around and get wet (no dedication from youngsters these days). He sent me a pic he grabbed off someone's instagram page. I cropped the kid out since it isn't mine.
NewOldAg
AG
Not sure JV is good for the team. Illegal car parts and a tendency to air dirty laundry. Also, see Bottas's radio to James from Sochi 2022 (I think). He doesn't treat 2nd drivers very well.

It seems like JV benefited from Jost Capito's efforts last year and that has run out of juice.
jorgerr96
I've seen people slowly turn against him lately due to the comments he makes about his 2nd drivers.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG

Bunk Moreland
Wow. Max clears Lando before the turn
SydB92
AG
the way Norris has started races this season, I would have been more surprised if Norris was leading into turn 1.
Gladiator 96
AG
I saw a stat somewhere that said Norris is one of worst in F1 at losing places in the 1st lap. Something he needs to improve on if he wants to beat Max more often.
Twisted Helix
KMag is the only car in the field on hards. Wonder what the strategy is, maybe go long and then to softs. Don't know.
SydB92
AG
Go long and hope for a late safety car to put of soft/medium. He has to stay out long enough for the midfield to make their first (only) stop.
Gladiator 96
AG
It wasn't too many races ago that we were all complaining about Max leading by 15 seconds. My how things have changed.
Twisted Helix
McLaren has really found something. They're fast and should do well next week at Monza too.
Gladiator 96
AG
Anybody remember the last time there was a race this clean? About the only issue I saw was KMag going off in the gravel but recovering.
Swollen Thumb
AG
Yeah, big time snoozer. I fast forwarded laps 55-70.
jorgerr96
to put the fastest laps on those used tires shows how fast that ******* car is...to think just 6 years ago they were straight **** lol
jwoodmd
Red Bull falling back fast. They seem to be lacking development and upgrades. Has Adrian Newey quiet quit?
Robert C. Christian
AG
jwoodmd said:

Red Bull falling back fast. They seem to be lacking development and upgrades. Has Adrian Newey quite quit?

No he quit quit.
NewOldAg
AG
There have been a few perfect races this season. I think there is even a record number of consecutive races that did not have a single retirement, safety car, or retirement.

I think these cars are (relative to driver's skill) very easy to drive safely. That and the current meta of tire management - rather than pure speed and race craft - dominating the field, there is no incentive for driving the cars on the limits outside of qualifying.
jorgerr96
Checo has cost the team quite a lot too this year, wonder if that hurts development of the car
jorgerr96
Formula 3 will qualify in two groups at Monza this weekend.

The championship confirmed to Feeder Series that they chose to work with this group qualifying system for the Monza round "in order to ensure better conditions during the qualifying session".

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.