***** Formula 1 - 2024 Season *****

83,163 Views | 1073 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Poot
Twisted Helix
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Checo, oh my.
sburg2007
Welp, lap 1 provided fire works. Having to watch "kids broadcast" because abc in north Texas waited til lights out to show tornado damage from last night.
Twisted Helix
And both Haas cars. What a disaster.
Gladiator 96
AG
If KMag was responsible, that could be the straw that gets him a one race ban.
planoaggie123
AG
sburg2007 said:

Welp, lap 1 provided fire works. Having to watch "kids broadcast" because abc in north Texas waited til lights out to show tornado damage from last night.
Hard to be mad b/c the tornadoes caused a lot of damage and deaths but the timing was definitely a bit 'suspect' for those of us wanting to watch the race....could have done that 15 min earlier...
StateofTexas
AG
F1TV Pro...best $89 you will spend this year.
sburg2007
Yes, I'm not mad at all. I could have written better. Human lives> anything on television ever. I watched all the pre race festivities and had zero clue though.
Leander - Ag
AG
Do they have to change tires before the restart? Confused why they would change after not even completing a lap.
La Fours
AG
They don't have to. But it is a cheap pit stop and would satisfy the requirement of having to change tire compounds.
aggiejumper
AG
Leaders that started on medium will try to go to the end on hards thanks to free red flag tire change. No more pit stops if tires hold up.
planoaggie123
AG
sburg2007 said:

Yes, I'm not mad at all. I could have written better. Human lives> anything on television ever. I watched all the pre race festivities and had zero clue though.

Oh no judgment here. I was a but annoyed too but then I felt guilty for being annoyed haha. Honestly they could have done that report at any time but they chose formation lap / lap 1. Silly.

Gladiator 96
AG
Once again minimal coverage of Verstappen today, albeit for completely different reasons.
MAROON
AG
How many total passes will we have today at Monaco vs a typical race? This is just follow the leader
sburg2007
It's awful racing. Hardly any overtakes. Amusing during pre race they do their best to defend importance of this race.
Twisted Helix
I don't think I've ever seen a pass in the tunnel.
MAROON
AG
Yep. Just saw a few back of the pack passes. It's a pure pit strategy race. It's exciting because anyone if the top 4 can win this based on pit strategy. Max will end up 5th as it stands right now. Russel is cooked
MAROON
AG
Thought Max could get by but this is not a normal race. Follow the header all day
sburg2007
And pit strategy was pretty much wiped out on lap 1.
nai06
AG
Incredibly boring race but really happy for Charles. The broadcast said he's the first homegrown winner at Monaco in 93 years.
Gladiator 96
AG
Drivers hate managing tires but it saved Russell from an easy overtake by Max today.
SydB92
AG
Hopefully this will get the fia to modify the "get a free tire compound change" rule under red. I'm ok with fixing the cars and changing tires but shouldn't count as a compound tire change even if you do change compounds. Such a boring race. Zero strategy after the red.
The Marksman
AG
Over the moon for Charles! He really deserved this one. It's been nice to see people other than Max win races this season.
boogieman
AG
Croft and Brundle were struggling with the boredom.
La Fours
AG
Happy for Charles, but yeah, really boring race.
ac04
literally fell asleep watching the race. they have to throw something unique at this track to make it not suck. maybe you have to use all 3 tire compounds or something? anything to mix it up a little, its painfully bad as is.
Gladiator 96
AG
Monaco represents a real dilemma for Formula One. It has all of the glitz and glamour and pageantry and history you could possibly want for a major race. However, the circuit itself just doesn't offer much for the modern version of the sport. The cars are larger and faster, yet the circuit remains largely unchanged and has no real room to grow or adapt.

It's similar to St. Andrew's in golf. Lots of history and nostalgia, but the course is not that challenging compared to other Open Championship courses.
Bunk Moreland
Yep. It's just for show right now
Verne Lundquist
AG
"Win the race at the slowest pace possible"

Lame AF. The main guy was making excuses.
ReloadAg
AG
The real show for the Monaco weekend is qualifying on Saturday which is spectacular.
htxag09
AG
Gladiator 96 said:

Monaco represents a real dilemma for Formula One. It has all of the glitz and glamour and pageantry and history you could possibly want for a major race. However, the circuit itself just doesn't offer much for the modern version of the sport. The cars are larger and faster, yet the circuit remains largely unchanged and has no real room to grow or adapt.

It's similar to St. Andrew's in golf. Lots of history and nostalgia, but the course is not that challenging compared to other Open Championship courses.

Don't they also pay the least to host? Like half of what other cities/tracks pay?
AustinAg2K
So, I'm new to F1. This is the first season I've ever followed, and all I know, I learned from Drive to Survive. For the people that know more about the sport, is there any realistic solution to making Monaco more fun? Atmosphere wise, it seems like it's second to none, and I really like the street races, but it seems like it's virtually impossible to pass. I was looking at the track, and it looks like are a couple of spots they might be able to widden the track a few feet, but I don't know if that would help them. There's part by the harbor, where maybe they could extend the road, but then you lose some of the harbor.

Are there any rule changes they could make? Maybe require a second pit stop or something?
aggie4231
AG
Smaller cars
TAMUG'04 Marine Fisheries.
AustinAg2K
aggie4231 said:

Smaller cars

Is that realistic, though? They would have to have special cars for just one race. Or are you suggesting smaller cars for all races?
krosch11
AG
2026 regs are shrinking 50kilos and a TBD length off the cars
tk for tu juan
Just use shifter karts for this one race

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.