***** Formula 1 - 2024 Season *****

81,927 Views | 1070 Replies | Last: 37 min ago by Gladiator 96
Spaceball 1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's crazy, you see Max start and pit, but that's it… he so far ahead they never show him
Gladiator 96
AG
I just made this comment to my wife. Zero coverage of Max between start and end.
Spaceball 1
AG
And hard to believe this is with the spending cap. Might raise a question if it's bad for the sport. Built a bad car? Well you're stuck with it because you can't invest to change it.
sburg2007
I for one enjoyed the race. I just presume Max will win and show me 2-14.
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
My first year being in a fantasy F1 league was last season and I highly recommend joining one. It's made the Verstappen dominate era anything but boring. I'm highly invested in middle of the pack battles; Yuki is paying dividends for me this season.
La Fours
AG
This article paints a grim picture of Williams for the rest of the season. Which sucks, because I want to see them do well.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.explained-why-williams-will-be-worried-about-albons-suzuka-shunt-and-what-it.32WrPlnJS77xsTXwtuNlKT.html
htxag09
AG
https://instagr.am/p/C5ctV5cMJC7
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
https://instagr.am/p/C5dDw1RNrpV
The Marksman
AG
Spaceball 1 said:

LeClerc's strategy was stupid. They screwed him.
Um I genuinely don't know what to say here. Huge Ferrari fan, and I think Charles' strategy was brilliant and allowed him to move up from a bad quali all the way to finish 4th. Not sure he could've possibly finished any higher since he started 8th.
Spaceball 1
AG
Maybe, it was 2am when I typed that. I hated watching Sainz blow right by him at the end of the race. Limping to the finish vs fighting for positions.

Maybe it's good strategy but it's lame AF to watch play out
NewOldAg
AG
I'm still fuming with Logan's strategy. Pitting him from 14th with 18 laps hoping to make up close to 35 seconds through traffic and blue flags makes zero sense.

That's a "we need 18 quali laps Michael" moment and completely naive of where he is developmentally. Sigh. Rant complete.
jorgerr96

Thoughts on the rumor of Sainz to Aston?

I actually like that. Fernando is doing nothing but make Lance look bad, now imagine Ricciardo leaves, Checo stays with RB, and Toto gives Lewis the middle finger by bringing Fernando to Mercedes, with Fernando you can get away with offering him a 2 year contract, enough time to let Kimi develop in F2 or another F1 team.

That's just the perfect scenario in my dreams tho lol
NewOldAg
AG
I could see that play out. But I don't think Stroll Sr would kick out Alonso. Sainz is likely to also make Lance look just as bad. Though maybe Merc out bids for Alonso and the dominoes still fall as you predicted.
The Marksman
AG
jorgerr96 said:

Thoughts on the rumor of Sainz to Aston?

I actually like that. Fernando is doing nothing but make Lance look bad, now imagine Ricciardo leaves, Checo stays with RB, and Toto gives Lewis the middle finger by bringing Fernando to Mercedes, with Fernando you can get away with offering him a 2 year contract, enough time to let Kimi develop in F2 or another F1 team.

That's just the perfect scenario in my dreams tho lol
If Red Bull is smart, they'll replace Checo with Sainz. If they don't offer Carlos though, I think he should go to Aston as that is a promising team to be a part of, I think.
Spaceball 1
AG
I'd love to see Aston get serious and replace Stroll with Carlos. Imagine two drivers scoring points for them, they'd be a legitimate top 4 team
jorgerr96

Alonso signs an extensions with Aston
Gladiator 96
AG
The Marksman
AG
Gladiator 96 said:

Really want to see Alonso competing for race wins and world championships again, so I sure hope Aston delivers. I wanted Fernando to leave though.
tailgatetimer10
AG
i assumed this would happen based on the RB rumors. His agent was trying to up the $
aggiejumper
AG
Gladiator 96
AG
So basically swapping the Middle East and Asia swings to start the season. Most everything else looks the same.

Maybe Williams will have chassis by then.
aggiejumper
AG
Slightly better regionally too.
jorgerr96

Hopefully F1 Academy keeps a round in the US, would rather see COTA next year over Miami.
Thinking of making a trip to Italy since both of those rounds get F2 and F3, Monza for a week and see all the museums. I think they even have all the FDA drivers make appearances in town lol.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
The random trip to Canada between Spain and Austria is funny. Can't really be any other dates but mid-summer lol.
Robert C. Christian
AG
numetalbizkitaggie said:

The random trip to Canada between Spain and Austria is funny. Can't really be any other dates but mid-summer lol.
Also Jeddah -> Miami -> Imola.
SydB92
AG
F1 twitterati saying Sainz to Mercedes.............I've seen nothing from journalists and such so maybe just fan wishful thinking.
Gladiator 96
AG
The rumor is that Mercedes wants Sainz but won't commit to 2-year deal for Sainz. Merc wants 1+1 to keep Antonelli as possibility for 2026.

Sounds plausible.
SydB92
AG
One of the podcast I listen to intimated that with Antonelli turning 18 right before Monza, Mercedes might try to pay Williams to bin off Sargent and let Kimi get his feet wet. I guess he has a series of tests over the next month in older Mercs which might go a long way to determining if they think he is ready.
Gladiator 96
AG
EDIT: This might have been fake so I'm pulling it.
TDub
AG
Really wish Sainz would've gotten that seat
aggiejumper
AG
Is that an official X account? Normally it's announced on F1 or RedBull Racing account not on the RB powertrain account.
SydB92
AG
Either the Brits are asleep or it's not officially official. My F1 Twitter feed of teams and journalists reporting nothing yet.
Gladiator 96
AG
Gonna pull this. Might be fake.
SydB92
AG
Any good China races to re-watch other than 18?
jorgerr96
the F1 Academy wild card for Miami seems to be Courtney Crone. She's testing with Prema tomorrow

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.