Womens Tennis 2022

98,701 Views | 1354 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Gladiator 96
Chapa96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Start the season ranked #14. Lets do this! Im excited for the newcomers as well with what we already had. Fun times up ahead.
bigfoot10s
AG
Women kick off the season with McNeese and Tarleton today. Carson and Jayci are out with COVID I believe. Excited to see how the lineup shakes out as the season goes on!
Chapa96
AG
Lineups are up. Looks like Jayci is playing line 2 singles. But that may change.
Chapa96
AG
Pretty much expected. Ags win 7-0. They didn't have a 3rd doubles team and didn't line up anyone on Line #6.
bigfoot10s
AG
Ags win both matches 7-0 as would be expected. My dad was there and was quite impressed with the freshmen.
aggietennisfan
Moved up a spot to #13.
Ag4eva95
Question. With such a strong team, why is our non conference schedule so weak? The best teams we play outside of ITAs is TCU. I feel like we didn't schedule well enough to prepare for ITAs.

Any insight?
RodgerDodger
I do find the schedule a little light. I know that we have had a tough time getting teams to come in to play us due to our lack of indoor courts. Most tennis programs do not have the budget to travel and not be guaranteed to play. Would have had to travel somewhere rather than play at home. I do know that we are playing Baylor on the road and the date will depend on the outcomes of the ITA kickoff and National indoors.
aggietennisfan
SMU and Rice will likely be better than TCU. Still could be a little stronger schedule agreed. Hopefully we make the national indoors which will make for several top 15 matches. Baylor will be a good match as well.
Chapa96
AG
WOW!!!

Texas A&M women's tennis signees Daria Smetannikov and Mia Kupres each excelled in the final junior tennis rankings of 2021. Smetannikov garnered the No. 1 American ranking according to the United States Tennis Association in the 18-under girls classification, while Kupres reached the No. 48 world ranking according to the International Tennis Federation.

The Morganville, New Jersey, native Smetannikov climbed to the top spot in American junior tennis after winning the singles title at the 18-under USTA Indoor National Championships in Indianapolis in December. Smetannikov arrives in Aggieland as Texas A&M's seventh blue chip prospect in the past three classes according to the Tennis Recruiting Network.

Additionally, Kupres reached the No. 48 ITF junior ranking after a quarterfinal finish at the 18-under Orange Bowl, which is considered the most prestigious junior tennis tournaments in the world. Kupres additionally reached the finals of the Australian Open lead-in event and will participate in the Australian Open junior tournament in the coming week.

Recruits new rankings
taylorswift13
bigtimeag1977
Looks like the program is setup for more Sweet 16s or better for several years to come
taylorswift13
AG
Here are some cool notes and plater bios for our matches today! Carson Branstine is set to make her Aggie tennis debut! https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/tamu.sidearmsports.com/documents/2022/1/21/03_04_HOU_TXST.pdf
Chapa96
AG
Now that is one strong singles line up!!!
Anchorhold
Watching tennis for the first time in years today. Which court should I be watching?
Chapa96
AG
Anchorhold said:

Watching tennis for the first time in years today. Which court should I be watching?

All. Lol. Line 1 is a top 10 team. Line 2 has our transfer who will play line 1 singles partnered with a great Freshman who played line 1 singles last week. Line 3 has 2 top Freshman recruits in the naion!
Anchorhold
Thanks, Chapa. I'm a complete novice but trying to get into all aggie sports a little at a time.
Signem
Concerning the "ease" of the early schedule, not sure, but my bet would be to allow the strong freshman class a chance to get their "jitters" out of the way and savor the taste of victory at the college level. Then start concentrating on upping their games starting this weekend. First time EVER to go 4-0 and not have a single point scored against us. Chances should be excellent that it grows to 6-0 by Saturday with complete sweeps. Having a healthy team is paramount. Jayci and Carson having gone through their COVID protocols shouldn't have to be tested again until late March early April, but we won't have the services of Katya for awhile. Fortunately the fish are showing signs that they can step in for her till she gets back on the court.

If this team overachieves like the one last year, with the potential they have shown so far, Howard (at tu) better be looking over his shoulder.
tleeper
tleeper
AG
Incoming Canadian recruit Mia Kupres made it to the second round of the Australian Open Junior Girls in both singles and doubles before bowing out. In singles, she beat the number 12 seed in the first round. Very excited to see what she can do at A&M!
bigfoot10s
AG
Signem said:

Concerning the "ease" of the early schedule, not sure, but my bet would be to allow the strong freshman class a chance to get their "jitters" out of the way and savor the taste of victory at the college level. Then start concentrating on upping their games starting this weekend. First time EVER to go 4-0 and not have a single point scored against us. Chances should be excellent that it grows to 6-0 by Saturday with complete sweeps. Having a healthy team is paramount. Jayci and Carson having gone through their COVID protocols shouldn't have to be tested again until late March early April, but we won't have the services of Katya for awhile. Fortunately the fish are showing signs that they can step in for her till she gets back on the court.

If this team overachieves like the one last year, with the potential they have shown so far, Howard (at tu) better be looking over his shoulder.

Freshmen look strong. Unfortunately, I don't know that Katya would have played in the singles lineup anyways.
Gap
AG
What happened with Katya?
taylorswift13
AG
Aggies stay undefeated without giving up a point

https://twitter.com/AggieWTEN/status/1486852177322819587?s=20&t=0Q0RTBV5LrNCaQ9fYZKLxw
Aceswimmer09
Women crush Princeton 4-1
taylorswift13
AG
Hell yeah
aggiedrjdub
AG
Who lost in singles?
Chapa96
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Who lost in singles?
Carson.
bigfoot10s
AG
Women will take on Tech tomorrow for chance to go to Indoors
Ag4eva95
She fought though. She was down 6-0 and 4-1 and almost took that second set. Lost 6-0 7-5. Once she figured out the collegiate game, she's going to be good. Reminds me of how it took Patrick Kypson a while to figure out it, but once he did he was unstoppable.

Princeton is a good team. They are battle tested. Great team win.
Chapa96
AG
cbmik95 said:

She fought though. She was down 6-0 and 4-1 and almost took that second set. Lost 6-0 7-5. Once she figured out the collegiate game, she's going to be good. Reminds me of how it took Patrick Kypson a while to figure out it, but once he did he was unstoppable.

Princeton is a good team. They are battle tested. Great team win.
Oh yeah......I watched online. I agree. She was playing the #4 ranked person. She almost took that 2nd set. I am excited for this team as we play on into the SEC.
Aceswimmer09
Agree re Carson - I watched the whole match, she is a wayyyyy better player than the person she lost to even if that lady is 4 in the country. She dictated every single point whilst her opponent lobbed everything back and chased everything down (credit to her being in that great of shape and to have that great of a fighting spirit), but Carson is on a completely different level than these women. This team is so so so good, remember number 3 UNC barely beat Princeton and we destroyed them...we could win the NC this year...let's see.
taylorswift13
AG
AGGIES BEAT TECH! HEADED TO INDOOR NATIONALS
taylorswift13
AG
https://twitter.com/AggieWTEN/status/1487863466207715329?s=20&t=IUgFCZBl2tSFl8LGgNRZEg
Ag4eva95
The girls played so well! Carson and Giana were world beaters. Everyone was on their game. Mary and Tatiana we're making comebacks against very strong opponents. Proud of these girls
bigfoot10s
AG
Aceswimmer09 said:

Agree re Carson - I watched the whole match, she is a wayyyyy better player than the person she lost to even if that lady is 4 in the country. She dictated every single point whilst her opponent lobbed everything back and chased everything down (credit to her being in that great of shape and to have that great of a fighting spirit), but Carson is on a completely different level than these women. This team is so so so good, remember number 3 UNC barely beat Princeton and we destroyed them...we could win the NC this year...let's see.

Gotta remember, Carson was out for a while with injuries. She's gonna keep getting back into match shape, physically and mentally. My dad said she just hits different than the others. Should be fun to watch as she gets more comfortable.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.