***** Formula 1 - 2022 Season *****

254,099 Views | 3136 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by NewOldAg
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, that will be interesting to see how it will be done. I already told my wife that we should go and book a room that faces the strip. I'm guessing they will use the same barriers used at the other street circuits. And people will use the walkway overpasses to go from one side to the other.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Cool top down view of the track vs. the old Caesar's Palace layout. (Stolen from Reddit).

Thrax
I bet they're booked already
NewOldAg
AG
Turn 10 is fake news. It's just a suggestion to tilt the steering wheel a bit.
TulaneAg
I asked my wife if she wanted to do Vegas for Thanksgiving in 2023 and do this and she actually thought it would be pretty cool.
Thrax
Oh look at me I'm rich
Cappo
AG
I wanna go to the Vegas race
Vernada
AG
I wonder if I can have my yacht flown in and dropped in front of the Bellagio for the weekend.
XpressAg09
AG
Has the date been announced?
TulaneAg
XpressAg09 said:

Has the date been announced?

I thought I read somewhere that it was going to be around Thanksgiving weekend but can't find any reference now... I could've been mistaken. We'll see.
Thrax
That's what someone on Reddit said as well
boogieman
AG
The article I read said the race will be Saturday night.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Saturday 2023 Thanksgiving Saturday night
XpressAg09
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

How confident are you about this?
tailgatetimer10
AG
Sorry. I thought it was announced. In Vegas it's all the locals are talking about. Guess the dates are not official?
XpressAg09
AG
No worries. I really wanna go, but don't wanna book something on the wrong date.
Vernada
AG
XpressAg09 said:

tailgatetimer10 said:

How confident are you about this?
well let's see - Thanksgiving was Thursday in 2021 so

Friday in 2022
Saturday in 2023

Seems right.
NewOldAg
AG
WTF1 reported Thursday through Saturday night for the race on thanksgiving.
Gladiator 96
AG
boy09
AG
April Fools Day is the absolute worst day of the year..
planoaggie123
AG
Agree...hate it....texted wife to reminder her after I saw that video earlier this AM lol...

....now time to figure out how to mess with the kids....
Gladiator 96
AG
It seemed somewhat plausible since he made a comment earlier in the week to the tune of "I was thinking of retiring, but with the Vegas race, I am definitely staying in"
Gladiator 96
AG
https://video.formula1.com/360/player/f1-player-v2.0.19/player.html?t=1&config=p1-start-r

If you have a VR device this could be pretty cool
tk for tu juan
Gladiator 96
AG
Whilst we wait for the next race …

agracer
AG
honestly surprised they'd let that device inside a helmet crash/impact structure in light of what happened to Schumacher with his go-pro and skiing accident..
Brad 98
AG
[url=https://www.sportscasting.com/kevin-harvick-worries-nascar-witnessing-last-influx-of-young-driving-talent/]Kevin Harvick Worries NASCAR Is Witnessing Its Last Influx of Young Driving Talent (sportscasting.com)[/url]

I found that article fascinating, that many young driver's including Kevin Harvick's son want to be Formula 1 drivers and not Indy or NASCAR drivers. That's how much "Drive to Survive" has taken F1 into the stratosphere in the US
texags08
AG
agracer said:

honestly surprised they'd let that device inside a helmet crash/impact structure in light of what happened to Schumacher with his go-pro and skiing accident..

Very different situations altogether.
AKA the Command Center guy... 0E stacks member…
NewOldAg
AG
I don't see how IndyCar will succeed at this point. F1 is poised to just swallow it up. Might be good to have IndyCar as a farm system for American drivers, but it's hard to imagine it will ever rival F1.
planoaggie123
AG
I guess I don't see how F1 can effectively wipe out the talent in NASCAR with only 20 seats to fill + reserve drivers.

Sure, people may not want to watch Indy when they can get their fill of F1 driving but NASCAR is completely different and I struggle to see how they lose that much talent to F1....
NewOldAg
AG
I think the glamour of F1 outshines the rustic/redneck image of NASCAR. IMO, nascar is facing an image issue and kids want to chase the brightest lights. Just look at baseball vs football and Connor Weigman, or Kyler Murray, Pat Mahomes.
htxag09
AG
Brad 98 said:

[url=https://www.sportscasting.com/kevin-harvick-worries-nascar-witnessing-last-influx-of-young-driving-talent/]Kevin Harvick Worries NASCAR Is Witnessing Its Last Influx of Young Driving Talent (sportscasting.com)[/url]

I found that article fascinating, that many young driver's including Kevin Harvick's son want to be Formula 1 drivers and not Indy or NASCAR drivers. That's how much "Drive to Survive" has taken F1 into the stratosphere in the US

While I think it has helped, I think it's lazy to attribute it to drive to survive. Overall, F1 is just more entertaining. Not to mention a race takes an hour and a half vs a 3+ hour nap inducing nascar race…..

Drive to survive got people (like me) to watch F1. F1, itself, got me and kept me hooked.
planoaggie123
AG
Fair points. I get that F1 is the premier league and what all future drivers will strive for but again just seems very limiting as far as opportunities and surely there will still be good drivers working towards NASCAR series....the one thing I wonder about NASCAR is could they look to shorten races or change up the structure a bit to make them more "exciting"? Not sure...
CharlieBrown17
AG
4 DRS zones this weekend.
Gladiator 96
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.