Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Vertical dynamic deflection of south 2nd deck.

189,574 Views | 648 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by The Collective
8T2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
quote:
I tried. Oh well

Did anyone notice that the dude is wearing a Dr Pepper shirt while pouring Coca-Cola on his head?

Ironic, don't you think?
To be fair, he's not wearing any shirt.
The ultimate irony?
AgOutsideAustin
AG
quote:
I have it from impeccable sources that the central group of cantilevered trusses at the SEZ second deck will be substantially stiffened to reduce deflection and increase the comfort level of the fans. The structural steel additions will be completed this summer, before next season. IMO, the additions will also look good, and not out of place.

The new west side is on or ahead of schedule, ahead I believe, and next season is going to be off-the-charts exciting IMO.

This will be my final post on this matter.

Gig 'Em.

Thanks ML for really working on this to get some safety improvements done! My family and I appreciate it.
Counterpoint
AG
Great news! Are they going to announce this publicly?
mcag83
fooz
quote:
I have it from impeccable sources that the central group of cantilevered trusses at the SEZ second deck will be substantially stiffened to reduce deflection and increase the comfort level of the fans. The structural steel additions will be completed this summer, before next season. IMO, the additions will also look good, and not out of place.

The new west side is on or ahead of schedule, ahead I believe, and next season is going to be off-the-charts exciting IMO.

Gig 'Em.

Thanks for the update.
AGHouston11
exp
AG
quote:
quote:
I tried. Oh well

Did anyone notice that the dude is wearing a Dr Pepper shirt while pouring Coca-Cola on his head?

Ironic, don't you think?

That's a DP, not a coke.
AggieSVT
AG
Magnum, thank you for the follow up and for working this whole issue. I feel much better about my choice in a couple of weeks!
DifferenceMaker Ag
quote:

Gig 'Em.
Magnum, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you for all of your efforts!
Smithjg
Good job Magnum, you believed there was a problem, despite the azz hats that kept giving you crap, worked through the problem and apparently got the result you and many others were looking for! Nice job and for the rest of the pbricks that were giving him crap, go suck a muffler.
MagnumLoad
I am compelled to add a final comment to my final comment.

I did not get this done. Texas A&M did. The responsible parties were on this early on I believe. Hopefully my comments and letter provided some useful input to the effort.

See you at Kyle Field in September.

Gig 'Em.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I tried. Oh well

Ironic, don't you think?

That's a DP, not a coke.

Uh, that's a coke.

Also, LOTS of you smartasses and keyboard warriors owe Magnum an apology.
Smithjg
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I tried. Oh well

Ironic, don't you think?

That's a DP, not a coke.

Uh, that's a coke.

Also, LOTS of you smartasses and keyboard warriors owe Magnum an apology.
Lets see how many of them will man up and admit THEY were mistaken. I know I am probably blowing this out of proportion, but the man and those that followed up with him, may have saved some lives. Of course, if I were Texas A&M, I would like this handled as quickly and quietly as possible!
howdy2u
AG
Magnum said the resolution was the trusses will be:

quote:
substantially stiffened to reduce deflection and increase the comfort level of the fans

Honest question, does this mean there was or wasn't a safety issue vs. a comfort/perception issue? Or do we not have enough information to know?
Amarillo Slim
AG
quote:
I am compelled to add a final comment to my final comment.

I did not get this done. Texas A&M did. The responsible parties were on this early on I believe. Hopefully my comments and letter provided some useful input to the effort.

See you at Kyle Field in September.

Gig 'Em.
Good job!
Ridge14
I was the first in this thread to show support for the OP with a thumbs up

Glad I could help out
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
This may be a dumb question coming from a non-engineer, but how many 2x4's will it take to stabilize a porch that size?
Ridge14
quote:
This may be a dumb question coming from a non-engineer, but how many 2x4's will it take to stabilize a porch that size?
About 350
MarathonAg03
AG
quote:

quote:
substantially stiffened to reduce deflection and increase the comfort level of the fans

Honest question, does this mean there was or wasn't a safety issue vs. a comfort/perception issue? Or do we not have enough information to know?

Good question.
gravy97
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I tried. Oh well

Ironic, don't you think?

That's a DP, not a coke.
The bigger question is.... is DP wetter than coke?
jamaggie06
AG
I'll be looking for any modifications this falls to see if they match up with I speculated about early on in this thread.
BigBrother
AG
quote:

Gig 'Em.
Womackster
AG
Some engineer! Couldn't even do anything about the horizontal dynamic deflection of the South 2nd deck.
jpd301
AG
Question was asked about this in the press conference today.

Starts at the 41:30 mark of the video posted in this thread -
http://texags.com/s/16956/am-reveals-new-kyle-field-press-box-gives-latest-update/25

Said all was well from safety standpoint.

For the comfort of the fans they have designed a solution to stiffen things up - steel is being fabricated and will be implemented this summer. Sand storm will still be played.
Fitch
AG
I'm good with all that but the Sandstorm bit.
AMW2010
AG
He said something along the lines of it was the frequency of sandstorm? Hmmm
ColoAg95
AG
quote:
He said something along the lines of it was the frequency of sandstorm? Hmmm
It was the gayness of sand storm. There was a great trembling in new army's loins that day.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Best post on this thread was REM reference

& AK just cause...

GarryowenAg
AG
Have there been any updates on this?
Ray Finkle
We use the Engineers that did the design as subs on some of our projects. After speaking with them casually about it, they certainly were not worried. They are one of the best, if not the best in Houston. Either way, it was good to ease the public with reinforcements.
AG @ HEART
What a bunch of sissys, they said in the video that some stadium in Europe wants that bounce for the fans. Yall let a bunch of euro trash out man yall?!
KY AG
AG
Stellar work Magnum.
oysterbayAG
AG
MagnumLoad is the man !!
wbt5845
AG
quote:

quote:

There was not a safety issue. No one's lives were saved by this. It's simply a perception issue.
gravy97
AG
just like how water is perceived to be wet, but as we also learned on this thread, it is indeed not wet

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.