Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Vertical dynamic deflection of south 2nd deck.

189,567 Views | 648 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by The Collective
gravy97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
If it is not an issue, then an official statement to that effect should be made.
I would also like to request an official statement for all other non-issues.
TexasRebel
AG
Official statement:

The sky is still blue today.
gravy97
AG
I noticed the sky getting dramatically less blue later in the day. Is there an official statement to help all those affected by this color change?
TexasRebel
AG
It's just a darker hue of blue.
mcag83
AG
quote:
It's just a darker hue of blue.

Hue've got to be kidding me.
ColoradoMooseHerd
Hue MotherF*cker
MagnumLoad
quote:
quote:
If it is not an issue, then an official statement to that effect should be made.
Where do you sit gravy?
gravy97
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Where do you sit gravy?
I sit mockingly behind my computer... isn't that the texags way?
MagnumLoad
No, I meant where are your seats at Kyle Field going to be for 2015 and beyond, if you know?
gravy97
AG
Oh... I haven't experienced the bouncing yet, but most likely will next season... but that's not my point... I just like official statements of non-issues.
MagnumLoad
Object as non-responsive.
gravy97
AG
My official statement is that I live in Seattle but have tried to make it to back to a game at Kyle each of the past few years, but I don't have my own personalized butt seats to call my own.
MagnumLoad
Sorry to hear that gravy. I really do wish you could make it to more games at Kyle, and hopefully you will be able to in the future. I may have some extras.

I can assure you that to a number of people sitting in and under the SEZ second deck the concern is not a non-issue at present. The concerns have been documented. We could be concerned about only a comfort level issue, but that has not been established. If there is not a safety or structural integrity issue, which is my hope but not my knowledge at this point, it should be so stated based on an engineering review. This can then be put to rest.

Gig 'Em to all, and to all a good day. I'm out.
fooz
Magnum, who at the university has been notified about this so far?

I'm sure you've mentioned it, just don't want to go back through the thread.
TXAGFAN
AG
quote:

Translation: I care, but not enough.
Motel California
S
fooz
quote:
quote:

Not enough to read back through all this crap.
jpd301
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not enough to read back through all this crap.
Page 9. Look for my post and magnums
MagnumLoad
fooz, I have sent a letter and emails to Chancellor Sharp (the project is financed by System bonds), Dr. Hussy (interim university president), President Young, Sam Torn (Kyle Field Committee co-chair), and Skip Wagner (president of the 12th Man Foundation). Others have notified some or all of the same people.

Edited to add that my letter was sent 12/5/14.
fooz
quote:

Edited to add that my letter was sent 12/5/14.
Same day I was laid off.
MagnumLoad
ugh
TexasRebel
AG
I am concerned that water is no longer wet.

Can we get a scientific panel to give an official statement?
gravy97
AG
I agree Rebel... the problem with water, is that even though it starts out wet, it quickly dries.

For example, this morning I showered, was literally covered with water and was scientifically very wet, but within minutes of being out of the shower, i was no longer wet.

Care to officially tackle that one, science????????
AgGrad99
AG
Gravy, you and Rebel bring up and interesting point....

Scientifically speaking, Water is a compound of Oxygen and Hydrogen. they are on your skin but underwater the water particles are still in there molecular pattern and when you get out some of the water particles are on you and slow escape in to the air.

So the body in the water isn't really wet until out of the water.

However, consider water maybe isn't wet. Wetness is a description of our experience of water; what happens to us when we come into contact with water in such a way that it impinges on our state of being.
But if you subscribe to that theory, you ignore that water is wet, in the sense of being a liquid which flows easily. This is because its viscosity is low, as its molecules are rather loosely joined together. The sensation of wetness is largely due to the cooling caused by evaporation, and water has a rather high latent heat of vaporization, which is the amount of heat it removes from its surroundings in order to convert liquid water into water vapor.

The reason it feels as it feels when water touches the skin is actually a complex electro-chemical reaction which works at amazing speeds. The sensory inputs are a combination of:

1. Your body's pH at that moment
2. The water's pH
3. Your body's temperature at that moment
4. The water's temperature
5. The atmospheric pressure
6. Molecular polarity

I'm not sure we're to a point where we can definitively make a statement as to water's wetness.
Zamacuco
quote:
Gravy, you and Rebel bring up and interesting point....

Scientifically speaking, Water is a compound of Oxygen and Hydrogen. they are on your skin but underwater the water particles are still in there molecular pattern and when you get out some of the water particles are on you and slow escape in to the air.

So the body in the water isn't really wet until out of the water.

However, consider water maybe isn't wet. Wetness is a description of our experience of water; what happens to us when we come into contact with water in such a way that it impinges on our state of being.
But if you subscribe to that theory, you ignore that water is wet, in the sense of being a liquid which flows easily. This is because its viscosity is low, as its molecules are rather loosely joined together. The sensation of wetness is largely due to the cooling caused by evaporation, and water has a rather high latent heat of vaporization, which is the amount of heat it removes from its surroundings in order to convert liquid water into water vapor.

The reason it feels as it feels when water touches the skin is actually a complex electro-chemical reaction which works at amazing speeds. The sensory inputs are a combination of:

1. Your body's pH at that moment
2. The water's pH
3. Your body's temperature at that moment
4. The water's temperature
5. The atmospheric pressure
6. Molecular polarity

I'm not sure we're to a point where we can definitively make a statement as to water's wetness.
You are no less wet in the water than just after you are removed from the mass of water. Water can't be wet because wet is the feeling that we experience touching a solid object that's coated in a thin layer of water molecules, and because water isn't a solid it can't fit into the definition, you could say that ice is wet, a table is wet, but not water is wet, or air is wet. Naturally once you put your finger into the water to test if it's wet then your finger is wet, giving the impression water must be wet. I see where you may be lead astray though.
Cibalo
This issue is of interest to me as my 2015 and beyond seats will be on the 1st deck West side between the 20 and endzone. When selecting my seat I'd like to make sure I have a good view of the SEZ movement but not in the fallout zone where the truss/cantilevered beam/big chuck of concrete attached to a steel frame to give way.

Does anyone know if I should be concerned about selecting a seat in the south endzone area of the west deck?
MagnumLoad
Your seat prolly needs to be on the throne.
ItsA&InotA&M
quote:
quote:

You are no less wet in the water than just after you are removed from the mass of water. Water can't be wet because wet is the feeling that we experience touching a solid object that's coated in a thin layer of water molecules, and because water isn't a solid it can't fit into the definition, you could say that ice is wet, a table is wet, but not water is wet, or air is wet. Naturally once you put your finger into the water to test if it's wet then your finger is wet, giving the impression water must be wet. I see where you may be lead astray though.
Based on the above bolded portion, a table that has water on it is not wet until someone touches the water that's on the table.

I hope my post doesn't derail this thread.

p.s. I sit in the SEZ 3rd level.

agmrpink
AG
Based on the bold sentence, OP's wife is wet.
Motel California
S
quote:
go on..
The Collective
AG
quote:
agmrpink
AG
Guys, we went out to lunch and she spilled iced tea on herself. Sheesh.
Personal Best
AG
Has the university released an official statement yet!!!
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:

Has she experienced any vertical dynamic deflection on anything as if yet?

Asking for a friend.
fooz
quote:
quote:
quote:

Based on the above bolded portion, a table that has water on it is not wet until someone touches the water that's on the table.

I hope my post doesn't derail this thread.

p.s. I sit in the SEZ 3rd level.

Wet is a condition, a state of being if you will, applied to an object. As the definition says it means to be soaked in liquid. If my shirt is covered in water, it is wet. If the street has rain water on it, it is wet. However, water cannot be wet. Water is the thing that makes things wet by covering it. The water itself is not wet as wet is the condition of being covered in water. Water cannot be covered in water as water is just water. Furthermore, water cannot be covered in any other liquid either as the liquids either separate or mix. But water itself cannot be wet.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.